Into The Woods

seahawk7

Latest Casting News from Entertainment Weekly

Emily Blunt (Looper) is reportedly in talks to join the ever-growing ensemble cast of Disney's Into the Woods to play the role of the Baker's (James Corden) wife.

The main cast also currently includes Meryl Streep (The Witch) and Johnny Depp (The Wolf).

Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal are both in talks for two prince roles.

My thoughts-

Can Emily Blunt be funny? Johnny as the wolf I can totally see. Chris and Jake are both very good looking but can they sing? I wish we could have Bernadette Peters!
Oooo Bernadette Peters! We would be so lucky. Emily Blunt can be funny but I worry about Anna Kendrick. To me, Anna Kendrick doesn't look like Cinderella. She has a good voice so that might help. I like who they have cast for Rapunzel.

Last edited:

RobUK

Yea he does like to dress up. I liked him in the gangster movie a couple of years back. I do think he will be good.

He was good in Donnie Brasco too.

As long as the director reigns him in and stops him spouting a variant on his faux camp cockney act then it'll be ok.

BuddyThomas

He was good in Donnie Brasco too.

As long as the director reigns him in and stops him spouting a variant on his faux camp cockney act then it'll be ok.
Well, he's playing a wolf who, in the Broadway musical, is sexually voracious and appears with his....um......errrrr......
"appendage" hanging out, so I don't imagine this performance is going to be subdued, although Disney almost surely cut the appendage gag. I hope they didn't monkey around with the rest of the source material too much because this is a brilliant musical.

Magenta Panther

Meryl Streep plays a witch in this, doesn't she?

After the way she slandered Uncle Walt...

meryl-streep-main-WITCH-INTO-THE-WOODS.jpg

Typecasting!

RobUK

Well, he's playing a wolf who, in the Broadway musical, is sexually voracious and appears with his....um......errrrr......
"appendage" hanging out, so I don't imagine this performance is going to be subdued, although Disney almost surely cut the appendage gag. I hope they didn't monkey around with the rest of the source material too much because this is a brilliant musical.

Oh dear, let us hope that the director send him in the right direction then. I've never seen the musical - are the songs good?

BuddyThomas

Oh dear, let us hope that the director send him in the right direction then. I've never seen the musical - are the songs good?
Well, Sondheim is not for everyone, but this musical has some of his most accessible material and some truly beautiful songs, such as Stay With Me, No One is Alone, and Children Will Listen.

The entire Broadway production is on YouTube. Just search Into the Woods Broadway and it should come right up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom