International college programme

WigglyWiggins

Original Poster
Hi can anyone give me any information on an international college programme? i come from England but would love to do something like that!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i have a feeling this will be moved to the employment board, but here's some info..

the international program is used primarily to staff World Showcase and DAK throughout the year, as well as to supplement other areas such as Guest Relations. Coming from the UK, the only visa you'd be eligible to receive would be a "traditional attire" visa, which would basically mean you wouldn't be able to work anywhere except World Showcase.

WDW traditionally send recruiters to universities in London, Liverpool, Edinburgh, and Cardiff, as well as 1 or 2 others

jsalem

You should also check out www.wdwip.com - it is a site for Walt Disney World International Programs. The information there will help you apply for the UK program, and the discussion board is filled with current CM's and alumn's to answer your questions. I'm going as part of the Canadian program at the end of May. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a note.

Good luck!

Jodi
jodisalem@hotmail.com

P.S. The International Program is different than the College Program. There are no seminars or classes in the IP, and you don't get college credit for being a part of it. In fact, most people in the program do it before going to university, or after they have already graduated - like me!

spectrofan

I was wondering somehting... lets say I am from another country but I go study in a University there inthe United States, so what do I have to do the College Program or the International Program???

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by spectrofan
I was wondering somehting... lets say I am from another country but I go study in a University there inthe United States, so what do I have to do the College Program or the International Program???

you can, provided your visa allows you to work in the US. If it's just a student visa, you cannot, unless it allows for college internships

Maria

I havea friend from Mexico who was studying in the US and did the College Program! I´m not sure which visa he had though...

Check www.wdwip.com and www.geocities.com/wearefellowship for some links to other sites for international programs. Being from UK as you said, you will only be able to work in that pavillion either in merchandising or in Food and Beverage at the Rose and Crown Pub. You will live with the rest of the internationals at the Commons or Chatham Square apartments. A lot of fun! The visa you will be issued is a Q-1 visa that has a lot of restrictions and it´s known as the "Disney visa" ;)

Disney usually recruits in the countries twice a year. You can send your resume to casting and they will let you know when the interviews are in your country. However, I think there are some agencies that do that for Disney in each country, and I´m pretty sure you will find the one for your area in wdwip.com Good luck! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom