1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

International Arrivals delay

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by WWallaceII, Sep 3, 2017.

1. WWallaceII

WWallaceII Member

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are heading to Orlando in 3 weeks time and we've been advised by Virgin that due to on going works at MCO that we've to expect delay at international arrivals. Anyone had any recent experience with it? How much longer should we expect to wait?

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're talking about the automated shuttle construction. If that's the case, then it's not much delay, it just means there may only be 1 train running on the shuttle. (Or in extreme instances and both trains are down, it means waiting for buses)

-Rob

3. WWallaceII

WWallaceII Member Original Poster

Thanks Rob, hoping that's all it is as I'm sure we can just about cope with that!

4. UKDisney Dave

UKDisney Dave Member

I don't think Virgin uses the gates where the shuttle is currently being refurbished, they use another set of gates, so shouldn't be much delay at all. However if you are able to us the automated gates (depends on passport type, and if you have recently been to USA before I think) then you should use those - always save me a good deal of time. Worth checking out the MCO airport website, as that tells you the specifics for who can use these gates off international flights.

5. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

You found the new machine system to be quicker? We found it far slower. Flew in direct at Christmas. You had groups gathered round each machine, everyone to scan passport, every finger, answer the questions. Virtually every group needed assistance at some point. And then you still had to wait for the immigration desk. At least before, when you walked forward you were done. This was double queueing.