Inside Out presence in EPCOT

The Empress Lilly

Why were there no Pixar characters in Inside Out? Didn't some of their beloved characters deserve to be in such a good movie? Maybe it wouldn't have consistently lost to Jurassic World if it was more focused on things people already know.
Which Pixar characters do you think should've made it to Inside Out? Me I think Ratatouille, because he cooks and food is super important to your health and the way you feel so it makes for a great Inside Out addition.

lazyboy97o

Which Pixar characters do you think should've made it to Inside Out? Me I think Ratatouille, because he cooks and food is super important to your health and the way you feel so it makes for a great Inside Out addition.
The Train of Thought should have been the train from Cars 2. The pizza place could have been a chain started by Ratatouillesince he makes food. Russel should have been Riley's new friend at school since he also lives in Northern California. The family car should have looked like Lightning McQueen. Jack Jack can turn into fire so he would have been a good Anger. See, they really could have made the movie more interesting for children by having more characters they already know in the movie.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Why were there no Pixar characters in Inside Out? Didn't some of their beloved characters deserve to be in such a good movie? Maybe it wouldn't have consistently lost to Jurassic World if it was more focused on things people already know.
Are you meaning directly IN the movie as a character or the easter eggs Pixar does where they are in the background? If the latter, I don't remember the scene vividly to tell you where in the movie (as I have only seen it once) but I do recall seeing there was a billboard in the background that had Nemo on it. I kept looking for a dinosaur for the upcoming movie but did not see one.

My favorite easter egg was the Haunted Mansion music playing in the dream. I Was SO Happy and made sure all my family members heard it too

orlando678-

Im not against Frozen but i just prefer Maelstrom also I think the park didnt need frozen. Frozen is fantasy and needsto stay in Magic Kingdom. Epcot is just not that. But hey, i cant wait to see how impressive the effects and audio animatronics will be.

Cmdr_Crimson

You do realize that the Dead Rat in the house that Riley sees is Remy right? And I believe the Bear with Broccoli Pizza in her dream was the same bear model of the Queen from Brave re-colored...

lazyboy97o

Are you meaning directly IN the movie as a character or the easter eggs Pixar does where they are in the background? If the latter, I don't remember the scene vividly to tell you where in the movie (as I have only seen it once) but I do recall seeing there was a billboard in the background that had Nemo on it. I kept looking for a dinosaur for the upcoming movie but did not see one.

My favorite easter egg was the Haunted Mansion music playing in the dream. I Was SO Happy and made sure all my family members heard it too
As actual characters in the movie the whole time, not a fleeting glimpse.

KDM31091

I generally dislike movie tie in attractions , but lets face it, that's almost all that is built anymore. I think Inside Out would be a good fit for Epcot, especially the old Wonders of Life. It bears a resemblance to Cranium Command and actually fits into the concept of Epcot/Future World at least in a sense.

I am tired of Frozen as well. There's cereal, body wash, stickers, dolls, this that and the other, not to mention Frozen's invasion of Norway...it's all just too much. I'm sure it will die down like everything else but it's just ridiculous at the moment.

Uncle Lupe

This is an entertaining and creative movie. I think it deserves to be somewhere and not left in the circle of sadness.

I did notice a merchandise presence before opening weekend in a number of retail locations.

I had a modular change just to carry Inside Out and new Minions bedding. So it seems they are making sure no merchandise money is left on the table like the Frozen shortages.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I know I might be ostracized for this, but I would love to see Inside Out take over the Imagination pavilion.

Not the Magic Eye Theater.

The entire structure.

The themes can work together. If executed correctly it would be a fantastic update.

We all want Journey Into Imagination to return in all of its former glory but we also know that literally cannot happen. This is the next best thing.

And they could include Figment still somehow.

Haymarket2008

I would absolutely not say that a revamped Journey Into Imagination could "literally" not happen. It absolutely could. With the proper funding. And I really don't see how Inside Out fits in with Imagination. Apart from Bing Bong, who is an imaginary friend who frequents Imagination Land, the movie is about personified emotions inside the human brain. It has next to nothing to do with the concept of the pavilion: taking ideas and forming them into new ones. And the idea that Figment could be shoe horned into an Inside Out attraction? Makes even less sense. Apart from a quick easter egg in the movie, Figment is from a TOTALLY different story. It would make no sense to have a character entirely absent from the movie in a major attraction of it.

FigmentJedi

I know I might be ostracized for this, but I would love to see Inside Out take over the Imagination pavilion.

Not the Magic Eye Theater.

The entire structure.

The themes can work together. If executed correctly it would be a fantastic update.

We all want Journey Into Imagination to return in all of its former glory but we also know that literally cannot happen. This is the next best thing.

And they could include Figment still somehow.
Updates where the park original characters stay but take a backseat to movie characters never freaking works. See Under New Management, modern POTC, Haunted Mansion Holiday...

KDM31091

I would absolutely not say that a revamped Journey Into Imagination could "literally" not happen. It absolutely could. With the proper funding. And I really don't see how Inside Out fits in with Imagination. Apart from Bing Bong, who is an imaginary friend who frequents Imagination Land, the movie is about personified emotions inside the human brain. It has next to nothing to do with the concept of the pavilion: taking ideas and forming them into new ones. And the idea that Figment could be shoe horned into an Inside Out attraction? Makes even less sense. Apart from a quick easter egg in the movie, Figment is from a TOTALLY different story. It would make no sense to have a character entirely absent from the movie in a major attraction of it.

Well, technically, it probably can't/won't come back "literally" as it was. The turntable was half ripped out/removed beyond repair. The old track pit exists, but they'd have to rebuild the actual track. This involves ripping out the existing flooring, reducing the gift shop again (as I believe it occupies some of the old ride area), moving image works back upstairs to make room for the size of the original attraction, etc. So yes, technically, with money, of course they could do it. Will they? Not a chance. There's not enough gain for them to spend the money restoring what was, and the turntable would have to be either eliminated the rest of the way and replaced, or totally rebuilt. $$$$$

Now, it could come back in a much improved form vs the current attraction, but I doubt it would ever be what it was. I think the track length and all is here to stay.

Now, Inside Out, to me, would make more sense in Wonders of Life if they revived that type of concept for that pavilion (also extremely unlikely to happen). Agree that Inside Out isn't really "imagination" suited as it is supposed to be your real, actual emotions personified. Bing Bong would fit, but he can't carry the whole attraction.

Haymarket2008

Well, technically, it probably can't/won't come back "literally" as it was. The turntable was half ripped out/removed beyond repair. The old track pit exists, but they'd have to rebuild the actual track. This involves ripping out the existing flooring, reducing the gift shop again (as I believe it occupies some of the old ride area), moving image works back upstairs to make room for the size of the original attraction, etc. So yes, technically, with money, of course they could do it. Will they? Not a chance. There's not enough gain for them to spend the money restoring what was, and the turntable would have to be either eliminated the rest of the way and replaced, or totally rebuilt. $$$$$

Now, it could come back in a much improved form vs the current attraction, but I doubt it would ever be what it was. I think the track length and all is here to stay.

Now, Inside Out, to me, would make more sense in Wonders of Life if they revived that type of concept for that pavilion (also extremely unlikely to happen). Agree that Inside Out isn't really "imagination" suited as it is supposed to be your real, actual emotions personified. Bing Bong would fit, but he can't carry the whole attraction.

Yeah I totally agree. I was saying that a Imagination reboot in the current layout wasn't "literally" impossible. As was said in a previous post. The original layout? Yeah, like you said, never again.
I'd love Wonders of Life to come back. Inside Out would fit beautifully and it fits that funky pavilion design. The chances are slim in that building, but I also don't see Inside Out getting the Imagination dark ride space.

jensenrick

Its difficult to ignore it when it steals a treasure from Epcot though. Sure i guess Maelstrom got old but with an impressive refurbishment with maybe new scenes based on Valhalla or so, this ride would have stunned the guests once again.

It's really not that difficult. It's like when I come up to Imagination or Seas with Nemo- I just keep walking. Problem solved.

jensenrick

You do realize that the Dead Rat in the house that Riley sees is Remy right? And I believe the Bear with Broccoli Pizza in her dream was the same bear model of the Queen from Brave re-colored...

True, not that the movie needs "tie ins" anyway. Joy and Sadness are two of the most awesome characters we've seen in a while, not to mention the fact that the movie stands out as having two female leads. It stands out in many other ways, but that is definitely one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom