Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

Bairstow

Uh... As much as I love TRON, what kind of theme are we going for here besides, "Disney movies that are cool?" While I'm not one of those "no cartoon characters in Epcot EVER", I think there should be both a cohesive theme and a good justification.

I think that ship sailed long ago.
At this point, EPCOT needs whatever they will give it.

Matt_Black

I'm not sure how BH6 adds to a life & health pavilion, then.

One of the key premises of the film is that Baymax is devoted to health and well-being. The development team actually visited various medical science facilities to learn what kind of innovations are going on- that's where they got the idea to make him vinyl and inflatable.

Haymarket2008

I really do think Inside Out will find its way into that pavilion. And the Big Hero 6 robotic-medicine idea is a really good one. It's only a matter of time before this pavilion is reopened in time for WDW's 50th. There are a lot of opportunities to be had in this space. And Inside Out, I'm sure, will be the catalyst for it all.

FettFan

If loving Frozen is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Disney Hell: "SO you love FROZEN, DO YOU?! HEEERE, HAVE ALL THE FROZEN YOU CAN STAND!"
pigsispigs6.0.png

Siren

EpixAndroid - "Okay, so I was just reading an article on Hypable about Inside Out. While reading the article, I thought "why can't the movie be the focal point of the Wonders of Life Pavilion?" Even though the movie is still in production, I just thought it would be a good way to slightly revamp Epcot with a movie, like the Imagineers did for The Seas with Nemo and Friends."

I was scrolling through google, bored, googling Epcot's "Cranium Command" when I found the above post on another website. I had always thought that PIXAR's upcoming movie "Inside Out" would be PERFECT for the old Cranium Command theatre! I've never particularly thought of the movie taking over the entire pavilion, though.

This.. I believe, would honestly be a great idea for EPCOT! It would be great for both the theming of Epcot AND for Disney's marketing profit.

Now I know the movie isn't even released.. But I can tell it's most likely going to be a great movie. Any other thoughts on this? There's enough main characters in the movie to make a whole pavilion themed for them!
This is just a genius idea! I'm surprised that I didn't think of it myself!

220px-Inside_Out_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg
wdw_cranium2.jpg

Heck, even the head shape from the post would sort of match the entrance from CC.. Just bring CC version's nose down a little..
I totally agree! Inside Out combined with Big Hero 6 are perfect concepts for Innoventions. I can't believe how BH6 is still performing well at the box office. I'm hoping Inside Out will be another huge hit for Disney, too.

Yellow skin....blue hair....green dress.....
insideoutjoy.jpg

She's a teenaged Marge Simpson.
MargeSimpson5.gif
OMG! Good catch, lol.

Oriolesmagic

The thing about Wonders of Life is that, if they're going to open an attraction in it, they're going to have to flesh the rest of the building out once again as well. So it wouldn't be just a matter of cleaning of the old Cranium Command theater, creating a new show and opening the attraction. An entire pavilion would need to be planned and built, which makes things altogether more complicated.

Why? Space. (No, not Mission: Space, that's another Disney problem) They're not going to sacrifice a valuable, fairly large event space to build one attraction that takes up about a 1/5 of the building. UNLESS, Inside Out reaches or exceeds the popularity of Frozen.

Cmdr_Crimson

The thing about Wonders of Life is that, if they're going to open an attraction in it, they're going to have to flesh the rest of the building out once again as well. So it wouldn't be just a matter of cleaning of the old Cranium Command theater, creating a new show and opening the attraction. An entire pavilion would need to be planned and built, which makes things altogether more complicated.

Why? Space. (No, not Mission: Space, that's another Disney problem) They're not going to sacrifice a valuable, fairly large event space to build one attraction that takes up about a 1/5 of the building. UNLESS, Inside Out reaches or exceeds the popularity of Frozen.

All it needs is This.....
Oscar-Trophy-award-photo.jpg

If Frozen didn't win Best Animated Film...We would have seen most of that merchandise at the outlet stores off of I-4 during the summer..And it wouldn't do them a thing..Look at what happened when Nemo won the oscar and what did WDW Get...
The_Seas_with_Nemo_%26_Friends.png
410ZNp4YqtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster

There are probably a bunch of other ideas they can use from the movie.. "fleshing" the entire pavilion wouldn't be a problem with Disney's team. My purpose of this thread was that Cranium Command's theatre would be the perfect outline for a new show, especially the auditorium setting! EDIT: Meaning it was the first thing that came to mind. There's a lot more than can be done.

and there are plenty of other abandoned spaces that Disney can use for events at Epcot.

Magenta Panther

I totally forgot you mentioned they would also be a good addition in the WoL pavilion.. My brain immediately asked "What if... o-o" haha cx

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of multiple different Disney movies within one huge pavilion such as WoL! Of the movies I believe could fit in there..

Inside Out - Cranium Command theatre.

Big Hero 6
- Body Wars area. (The space is still there. Build some new simulators.)

Meet & Greet
- Goofy About Health area.

Wreck-it Ralph
- Making of Me Theatre.. A huge video game where you feel like you're really there. (Think of the head piece game at the end of Carousel of Progress)

TRON - Frontiers in Medicine.. Yea it's a pretty small space, not sure about the capacity issue that may occur. Think of a thrilling 4D experience with moving chairs and a very wide screen.
sim_5000.gif

Ahh... Yes! My dream pavilion! x3

This is a VERY awesome idea! :)

Siren

Speaking of the movie...The new trailer was just released..

Yay!!! I loved the trailer, it was too funny. I already predict an Oscar for this film. The only other competition I see is the Peanuts movie with Snoopy and Charlie Brown -- maybe. Inside Out is the front runner for now.

Matt_Black

Yay!!! I loved the trailer, it was too funny. I already predict an Oscar for this film. The only other competition I see is the Peanuts movie with Snoopy and Charlie Brown -- maybe. Inside Out is the front runner for now.

Remember, Pixar has TWO movies coming out in 2015, so odds are whatever movie the Academy picks, it's going to be Pixar.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, if we want Inside Out in the parks, the way to do that is go see it repeatedly (if it's good). $$$ talks, which is why you're seeing Frozen everywhere right now.

You are correct. That is this the new millennium 'think money' process vs creative. But how disappointing is it that guests need to repeatedly see a film to spark Disney to do something/anything. My guess, no sponsor they won't reopen the pavilion even if the film division does well.

Haymarket2008

A little off topic (although Pixar/Epcot related) but did anyone else notice the small setting information for 'Finding Dory'? Apart from it taking 6 months after Nemo, the movie has a large amount of time set in a Californian Marine Institute. Maybe we'll see the marriage of life & science under water come back in a clearer way to The (Living) Seas pavilion? Sounds somewhat inevitable.

But in regards to Inside Out, it looks incredible and seems to be the biggest example of a Disney movie showing what an Epcot attraction should be. Exciting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom