Innoventions into Big Hero 6

Communicore

In all honesty, the old communicore was seriously dated and would be dead today - (with the exception of the Fountain of Information- it was very dated, but made up for it by being beautiful )
It is indeed dated, but they could've kept the interiors. That is definitely not dated, I don't understand why they preferred for Innoventions to be in the dark.

Ignohippo

Eww, no thank you. Please keep characters, except for Figment, and movie/tv/cartoon related things out of Epcot. Innoventions has been suffering for a while, but at least the THINK exhibit is educational, intriguing, and inspires hope for the future use of technology and science. If they could put in more exhibits like THINK, Innoventions would be in better shape.

I will be distraught if THINK closes; especially if it's for some "exhibit" related to a Disney movie. Why can't people these days relate to things in Disney theme parks unless there is some movie character involved?

See, I don't get this logic. If you have an floundering science attraction – one that's woefully short of good exhibits and very minimally popular – but can add Disney characters like Wall-e or BayMax, or whoever, and greatly increase the number of people taking part, possibly get sponsors online to add more exhibits, and get kids interested in science, then it sounds like a win-win to me.

People are paying $100 to be entertained. If they can learn at the same time, then all the better.

yensidtlaw1969

See, I don't get this logic. If you have an floundering science attraction – one that's woefully short of good exhibits and very minimally popular – but can add Disney characters like Wall-e or BayMax, or whoever, and greatly increase the number of people taking part, possibly get sponsors online to add more exhibits, and get kids interested in science, then it sounds like a win-win to me.

People are paying $100 to be entertained. If they can learn at the same time, then all the better.
Disney has minds that are smart enough to develop ways to entertain and excite guests beyond popping in characters. The problem, in their eyes, is that it takes more time, effort, and money to do that. Except for unusual cases, adding Disney characters to works that are not already character based acts as a band-aid for a larger wound -- and, at that, a band-aid that further damages the Theme of the Theme Park. If Innoventions isn't exciting people, it's probably because Innoventions isn't exciting.

I'm all for opening kids (and adults) to the exciting worlds of science. Tagging on a new character only goes so far towards doing that.

Kman101

I don't see the issue of using Baymax in Innoventions. I agree they don't NEED characters anywhere for kids to learn, but I don't see the harm. I've long wanted a WALL-E presence also in Future World.

It's not like Big Hero 6 is taking over the Japan pavilion. Future World already has Nemo [which should have been better than a ride through of the movie].

Ignohippo

Disney has minds that are smart enough to develop ways to entertain and excite guests beyond popping in characters. The problem, in their eyes, is that it takes more time, effort, and money to do that. Except for unusual cases, adding Disney characters to works that are not already character based acts as a band-aid for a larger wound -- and, at that, a band-aid that further damages the Theme of the Theme Park. If Innoventions isn't exciting people, it's probably because Innoventions isn't exciting.

I'm all for opening kids (and adults) to the exciting worlds of science. Tagging on a new character only goes so far towards doing that.

I think it's ironic that the same people who object to BayMax at Innovations are the same people who love Figment, Dreamfinder and Orange Bird.

It's no different than anything they've done since the inception of Disneyland. It's just that now they can use established characters instead of having to invent them. Imagineers have always done the same thing by creating special characters to help tell their story and connect to the audience.

People come to DISNEY world to see the DISNEY characters. If anything, they aren't used enough. If you don't want Disney characters in a science environment, go to any science museum.

As long as it's done in a tactful and non-intrusive way, I see no problem with it. The Living Seas is a perfect example. Adding Nemo brings a whole new audience to the attraction and gave the pavilion a breath of fresh air. If you don't like Nemo, there's plenty there to do without him. Had they not added it, we'd all be screaming about how stale the pavilion has gotten.

wdwgreek

Is Big Hero 6 a big enough of a movie to warrant its own pavilion type attraction. Everyone argues that frozen doesn't staying power but will Big Hero 6 be like meet the Robinsons in ten years? A film no one particularly remembers? I think integrating the science fair idea of Big Hero Six into an Innovations exhibit would be brilliant if properly integrated and done with some money behind it.

Figment2005

Is Big Hero 6 a big enough of a movie to warrant its own pavilion type attraction. Everyone argues that frozen doesn't staying power but will Big Hero 6 be like meet the Robinsons in ten years? A film no one particularly remembers? I think integrating the science fair idea of Big Hero Six into an Innovations exhibit would be brilliant if properly integrated and done with some money behind it.
I can't help but to say it... Its Innoventions not Innovations. Just a little pet peeve like people calling Soarin, Soaring.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You hit on the right point

I have this mantra that I bring out occasionally. I'm also sure I change the exact wording each time I type it.

If you build a world-class attraction, it won't matter what the IP is, it will likely be a success.
If you build a half-arsed attraction, it wont matter what the IP is, it will still be a half-arsed attraction and likely not successful.

Big Hero 6 was a fantastic film and certainly could fit in Innoventions if done properly and with care.
It also could turn into an attraction that feels dated in 5 years, even if it becomes the most beloved film of all time, if slapped together.

Last edited:

imagineer boy

I'd be okay with maybe an individual exhibit themed to Big Hero 6, but themeing all of Innoventions to it would once again add to the degradation and cartoonification of epcot would of course I hate.

Matt_Black

It's roughly been as successful as Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph so far, so your answer depends on how you feel those two films hold up.

michael.fumc

It's roughly been as successful as Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph so far, so your answer depends on how you feel those two films hold up.
The only difference is that it is more of an origin story, that could, "just my opinion" lead to more movies, shorts, tv show, ect...... Tangle and Wreck-It-Ralph were stories with a clear end, Toy Story was a great movie but what has kept it alive is the reinvestment of two (soon to be three sequels, and many shorts) Of coarse sequels don't mean classics, example Planes, but the characters in Big 6 are good and there is a lot more story telling opportunity there. It really could be a great match, which I hope it does I liked the movie and hope for more. But there is a chance we are here in 5 years saying, What movie is that bay-max guy from???

HollyAD

I don't see the issue of using Baymax in Innoventions. I agree they don't NEED characters anywhere for kids to learn, but I don't see the harm. I've long wanted a WALL-E presence also in Future World.

It's not like Big Hero 6 is taking over the Japan pavilion. Future World already has Nemo [which should have been better than a ride through of the movie].
It would be awesome to include Wall-e and Baymax. These are great movies for kids, each with a good message.

Cmdr_Crimson

Again I must state the obvious....The Chances for them to get anything Attraction based...Is to Obtain this....
bigherooscar_zpse53022ee.jpg

And their in Slick competition with a Boy & his Stitch Like Dragon for it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom