Innoventions into Big Hero 6

minsmk

I'm going to jump in here and say this is actually a pretty good idea. From some friends in the Big Hero M&G area, there have been some rumors of their doors closing. With BH6 at Innoventions, that might keep the characters longer (Also, offer double rooms for Hiro and Baymax.) which, would be pretty nice.

Here is the thing about Innoventions, it's not the same as communicore and therefore I don't care about disney movies going in there. In fact, I mentioned this to a friend of mine after I watched the movie. I think BH6 would fit there really well, it would also get kids into Science which is nice. I mean if they can get kids into math with making their own rollercoaster, they can get them into science with Big Hero.

As a fan of the movie as well as an epcot center purist, this doesn't bother me ether way. IBM's showcases haven't been that good (I really liked that video game one, it was really cool. With that gone it's more or less "eh") so whoever they will get in there will probably have a good home.

And, Big Hero is one of disney's better movies IMO. Also, with a lead that's pretty young kid's will probably be more interested in learning.

Idk, that's just my two cents.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I still believe that they should just build that where Wonders of Life is now.. There's nothing wrong with innoventions. In fact, that's probably one of the FEW good things left in EPCOT.. At least if it was in the WOL location, we would get an add-on instead of a replacement.

Kman101

I noticed the dznycharacter whatever guy on Twitter seemingly hint that the Inside Out characters could possilby be meeting at Epcot. Where would all of them go? (Maybe Wonders of Life ... they really should put an Inside Out show in Cranium Command's old spot)

I'm open to the Big Hero 6 idea, if done right, but I have to wonder if this space will become just meet and greet space.

Ignohippo

I noticed the dznycharacter whatever guy on Twitter seemingly hint that the Inside Out characters could possilby be meeting at Epcot. Where would all of them go? (Maybe Wonders of Life ... they really should put an Inside Out show in Cranium Command's old spot)

I'm open to the Big Hero 6 idea, if done right, but I have to wonder if this space will become just meet and greet space.

I've heard Imagination for Inside Out...

Ignohippo

I don't think they have the balls to repeat their mistakes, especially with how much Dreamfinder swag they've been selling recently, including the new Figment comic.

I have no idea. I'd rather see it with Dreamfinder and Figment as well.

Just repeating what I've heard.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I'm going to jump in here and say this is actually a pretty good idea. From some friends in the Big Hero M&G area, there have been some rumors of their doors closing. With BH6 at Innoventions, that might keep the characters longer (Also, offer double rooms for Hiro and Baymax.) which, would be pretty nice.

Here is the thing about Innoventions, it's not the same as communicore and therefore I don't care about disney movies going in there. In fact, I mentioned this to a friend of mine after I watched the movie. I think BH6 would fit there really well, it would also get kids into Science which is nice. I mean if they can get kids into math with making their own rollercoaster, they can get them into science with Big Hero.

As a fan of the movie as well as an epcot center purist, this doesn't bother me ether way. IBM's showcases haven't been that good (I really liked that video game one, it was really cool. With that gone it's more or less "eh") so whoever they will get in there will probably have a good home.

And, Big Hero is one of disney's better movies IMO. Also, with a lead that's pretty young kid's will probably be more interested in learning.

Idk, that's just my two cents.

If they turned the exhibits into a kind of science fair where each idea is presented then you get to try it out afterward might occupy children much better than is done today. Add things with live demonstrations that many science centers do where guests come in an watch scientific principals in action in fun ways, keep it heavily interactive and expand certain activities such as the Kuko arm build your own roller coaster.

Kman101

Imagination as in ... the Captain EO theater or unused space upstairs, that I believe. I don't buy they'd re-do the ride with the characters. I can't see them repeating that mistake, especially considering they have other spots for it that work. I know, I know, Wonders of Life is their little festival center ...

Philharmagically

The idea of the science fair would be really good. Because the only thing I was ever interested in at Innoventions was the Sum of All Thrills. All the other "exhibits"/games were so basic that even most children would be bored. And none of them really show the future of technology. In actual fact, a lot of them are now rather outdated.

So if Disney could create an environment which caters to the little kids with the appearance of BH6 characters and also appeals to the intellect of secondary (high school) level students to inspire them to pursue a career in science. I'm talking about robotics, nanotechnology (both of which are in the film), chemistry experiments (e.g. showing the properties of different chemicals, maybe a few more advanced pracs for school groups), you could even have Baymax talking about recent developments in the medical field!
Also, it would be a great way to attract uni/college students studying medicine/science/engineering to enter the College Program, as they could take an active part in encouraging growth of learning in these sectors. And also because anyone who wants to find out more about the demonstrations afterwards could talk to someone who actually knows what they're talking about (similar to animal keepers in Animal Kingdom).

Wow... I ended up writing a lot more than I intended... :p

Rodan75

The idea of the science fair would be really good. Because the only thing I was ever interested in at Innoventions was the Sum of All Thrills. All the other "exhibits"/games were so basic that even most children would be bored. And none of them really show the future of technology. In actual fact, a lot of them are now rather outdated.

So if Disney could create an environment which caters to the little kids with the appearance of BH6 characters and also appeals to the intellect of secondary (high school) level students to inspire them to pursue a career in science. I'm talking about robotics, nanotechnology (both of which are in the film), chemistry experiments (e.g. showing the properties of different chemicals, maybe a few more advanced pracs for school groups), you could even have Baymax talking about recent developments in the medical field!
Also, it would be a great way to attract uni/college students studying medicine/science/engineering to enter the College Program, as they could take an active part in encouraging growth of learning in these sectors. And also because anyone who wants to find out more about the demonstrations afterwards could talk to someone who actually knows what they're talking about (similar to animal keepers in Animal Kingdom).

Wow... I ended up writing a lot more than I intended... :p

You could also use the space and the attraction of WDW to bring Science Fairs to Epcot the same way they bring cheer competitions and sporting events. (Although maybe they do this already...just no one ever complains about the science fair being in town)

Between BH6, MTR, Inside Out in addition to the classic STEM friendly characters to appropriately toon up Epcot without losing the heart and soul of what Epcot was meant to be.

wdwfan4ver

I have no problems with a Big Hero 6 makeover as long as it is executed properly. Big Hero 6 is a great property as a fit as long as you don't create a movie ride or a meet and great only for Epcot.

MaryJaneP

Battlebots arena where Disney has judged fair competition (like dance/cheer/sports) in the old WOL building with a peoplemover for "guests" to be observers that are in motion and to prevent crowding. Could also use format for science fair type STEM "competitions".

Ignohippo

Imagination as in ... the Captain EO theater or unused space upstairs, that I believe. I don't buy they'd re-do the ride with the characters. I can't see them repeating that mistake, especially considering they have other spots for it that work. I know, I know, Wonders of Life is their little festival center ...

I've heard full makeover – dependent on how the movie does.

I don't know what they're planning for the theater. Certainly wish I did. Just heard that any redo of Imagination is waiting on the response to InsideOut. EO is the biggest embarrassment in all of WDW IMO.

Ignohippo

Battlebots arena where Disney has judged fair competition (like dance/cheer/sports) in the old WOL building with a peoplemover for "guests" to be observers that are in motion and to prevent crowding. Could also use format for science fair type STEM "competitions".

This would be such a great idea but you might as well set it up as a theater/arena and let people watch the full battles.

FigmentJedi

I've heard full makeover – dependent on how the movie does.

I don't know what they're planning for the theater. Certainly wish I did. Just heard that any redo of Imagination is waiting on the response to InsideOut. EO is the biggest embarrassment in all of WDW IMO.
Again, where have you been hearing Inside Out for Imagination? A Bus Driver that has an uncle that works at Nintendo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom