Innovention Birdhouses

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
During my recent Sept/Oct 09 trip I came across this odd set of Birdhouses behind Innoventions West. They are located by Test Track and the pathway to enter to MouseGears..
Innoventionbirdhouses.jpg

So what is the deal with the Letters on each little house..Was this something for Innoventions or for something else??

EPCOT Explorer

During my recent Sept/Oct 09 trip I came across this odd set of Birdhouses behind Innoventions West they are located by Test Track and the pathway to enter to MouseGears..
Innoventionbirdhouses.jpg

So what is the deal with the Letters on each little house..Was this something for Innoventions or for something else??

I have no idea, but I think you mean Innoventions East?

Rob562

Could be something that the horticulture/wildlife people use to keep track of the wild birds in the parks... If they spot birds going in and out of them, they can make note by the letter...

I dunno, that's all I got...

-Rob

DisneyMusician2

It does look like some sort of scientific experiment with all of those letters and ID markers.

I'd be curious if anyone had some more on it.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I don't know what the letters are for, but I do know that the weird shaped ones are designed specifically for attracting Purple Martin birds. From what I've read it is very hard to host a colony of Purple Martin birds so maybe the letters are used as a way to track which houses have been attended to. :shrug:

SirGoofy

The gourds are indeed for Purple Martins. My elementary school principle was obsessed with them, and we had a set of them at school every year.:lol:

Rob562

Yup, I have seen them make their nests in the houses. :)

I always thought it was a F&GF leftover from years ago though...right? :lookaroun

It's quite possible. And it wouldn't be the first time something was installed for the Flower & Garden and then stayed... (Can you say "Germany model train layout"?) ;)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom