Injuries at WDW

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Hello,
Me and my friend aregoing to disney in july and we now have a problem. He just recently broke his leg and he will now have to be in a wheel chair when we go. I was wondering if anybody has had this same experience. If so, please tell me if it was difficult pushing a wheel chair all day. Also, did u get on the rides faster too. Thank You!

stitch131313

I broke my leg and went to Disney and had no problem. We got on to some rides faster but not all. I don't know if my family had a hard time pushing me around or not so I'm no help there. But I had a good time and even got some of the charaters to sign my cast. Hope this helps, Have fun:wave:

tigger248

My brother has spina bifida so we rent him a wheelchair everytime we go. You sometimes get on the rides faster but not always. Some rides only allow so many wheelchairs at a time so you have to wait longer if they already have their maximum number. Rides like Kali River Rapids only allow one wheelchair party at a time, so for some the extra wait can be long. A common misconception is that wheelchairs get on the rides quicker but as stated above that's not always true. Many of the newer rides are now built so the queue lines are handicap accessible so wheelchairs enter just like everyone else. The best thing to do is to ask the greeter cast member the best way for a wheelchair to enter.

As for pushing it, it's not really a burden for us but we've been doing it since he was born. I sprained my ankle and rented a wheelchair at Universal once and it was hard because I wasn't used to pushing myself, but I think it will be okay if someone else is there to push it. I hope this helps. :)

Kiky

Your friend might want to rent an ECV. It's an electric wheelchair. So you don't have to push him around. ECV's are available in all four parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom