Infinity: Quick Upgrading-to-3.0-Guide for Zootopia & Baloo fans

Rich T

Original Poster
I'm in that group of Infinity players who got into the game for the animation and theme park I.P.'s and stopped playing when 2.0 shifted the focus away from those elements (Nothing against Marvel and Star Wars, but they weren't the reason I bought Infinity). Zootopia and the upcoming Baloo figure finally got me interested in checking out the 3.0 version. Here's a quick little things-you-might-want-to-know list of tips if, like me, you feel like dusting off the Infinity Base and seeing what's new in the game since the "Good Ol' Days" of 1.0

Your old Infinity Base works in 3.0 and across all consoles except for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, which require their own dedicated bases.

You can buy the disc by itself for about 1/2 the price of the full 3.0 game (The Star Wars figures are not necessary for enjoying the Toybox content).) If you have the Wii U version, this option is available through the eShop.

All Infinity Figures are forward-compatible and work in 3.0, but 3.0 figures such as the Zootopia characters and Baloo will not work in 1.0 or 2.0. All Power Discs work in 3.0

Bad News: The Playsets from 1.0 and 2.0 do not work in 3.0
Great News: Although you can't play the earlier playset adventures, placing their tokens on the Infinity Base unlocks all of their buildings, props and NPCs for use in the 3.0 Toybox.

Overall: The Toybox features have been greatly enhanced and expanded, making more complex user-made games and worlds possible. In addition, the hub area has been hugely improved, with fun environments and quick-play portals to fights, races and platforming challenges, so that it is always easy to jump right into some pre-designed gameplay.

In my opinion, there are now enough animated characters and hub/toybox content to make a disc-only purchase a worthwhile deal for any Disney fans wanting to upgrade to 3.0, even if they have minimal interest in the Star Wars/Marvel content (which is very well-done, BTW). As an afterward, the animation and voice-work on the two Zootopia figures are outstanding. Can't wait to add Baloo to the mix next week!

(EDIT) One more thing for Wii U owners: Yes, the entire game can be played off-TV on the Gamepad screen. You don't need a television at all.

Last edited:

jensenrick

In my opinion, there are now enough animated characters and hub/toybox content to make a disc-only purchase a worthwhile deal for any Disney fans wanting to upgrade to 3.0, even if they have minimal interest in the Star Wars/Marvel content (which is very well-done, BTW). As an afterward, the animation and voice-work on the two Zootopia figures are outstanding.

Totally agree with this! I actually got 3.0 back just before Xmas, because I wanted the Inside Out figures and playset (although I have some Marvel as well).
I remember it was many months after the movie came out before IO figures were released, so imagine my surprise while browsing my local BestBuy to discover Judy Hopps on a shelf! And it was the last one on the shelf, with no Nick Wildes left. I had to go to two more stores to find him. I guess a lot of people are as thrilled about Zootopia as I am.

If they released an Officer Clawhauser figure, I just might lose it. LOL!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I noticed the first Infinty game is free on the Wii U but when I went to download it I didn't have enough space. Sad times ahead.

Rich T

Original Poster
If they released an Officer Clawhauser figure, I just might lose it. LOL!

Clawhauser would be awesome, and I'd like to see Chief Bogo in the game, too. I'll bet Disney wishes they'd done a full Zootopia playset adventure at this point, but that would be a tough one to pull off. To really bring that world to life, they'd have to have a LOT of different NPC's... and not just the tiny helper guys! :)

Rich T

Original Poster
I noticed the first Infinty game is free on the Wii U but when I went to download it I didn't have enough space. Sad times ahead.
I actually had to delete Smash Brothers to make room for 3.0 (I'll buy the Smash Disc later). Keep in mind, though, you can't play console or PC Infinity (1.0 included) without an Infinity base and at least one figure. If you need a base and figure, your best bet is to jump in and buy the 3.0 starter set.

BUT... a decent version of the 3.0 toybox (Playsets are the standalone adventures, Toybox is the big, open, anything-goes world) is available for free on mobile. If you have a recent phone or tablet, the results are surprisingly good (and they let you "borrow" free characters if you don't have any figure codes to input). The mobile controls, however, really, really suck.

jensenrick

BUT... a decent version of the 3.0 toybox (Playsets are the standalone adventures, Toybox is the big, open, anything-goes world) is available for free on mobile. If you have a recent phone or tablet, the results are surprisingly good (and they let you "borrow" free characters if you don't have any figure codes to input). The mobile controls, however, really, really suck.

Poor controls are SO frustrating. I'm glad you mentioned this because I'd been thinking of getting it for my ipad mini, but the SIZE of the download has always daunted me- so I think I'll just stick to the console.

Speaking of Toybox, have you played the downloadable toybox "Zootopia Paws and Puns" where you have to find all the boxes, and they do animal puns when you open them? It was cute (although very short, I was done in an hour.) but it just wet my appetite for more Zootopia content.
As you said, Chief Bogo would be great too. I chuckle at the idea of Officer McHorn, too. (chuckle)

Rich T

Original Poster
Speaking of Toybox, have you played the downloadable toybox "Zootopia Paws and Puns" where you have to find all the boxes, and they do animal puns when you open them? It was cute (although very short, I was done in an hour.) but it just wet my appetite for more Zootopia content.
As you said, Chief Bogo would be great too. I chuckle at the idea of Officer McHorn, too. (chuckle)
I'll try Paws and Puns when I get home today--sounds fun! And McHorn would be awesome! I haven't tried online yet...or, rather, the couple of times I did try I exited after waiting a minute with no connection to a match. I'll try again once I've got some characters leveled up all the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom