Infant carrier on rides

Suwithoutane

Original Poster
Hi all, I searched the threads but couldn't find a specific answer to my question - I've seen people mention bringing their little ones (mine will be 7mos) on rides in a baby carrier, and am looking for people who have done it, what carriers you have used (and if baby was front/rear facing, on hip, etc), and what (if any) CM pushback you have had. I have just about every kind of carrier, would prefer to keep her facing me in her ergo, but if people are regularly being asked to take baby out to face forward, will likely consider just a ring sling to carry between rides for easy in/out. Obviously we also have a stroller for naps, I'm talking about in Fantasyland where you basically have to park it and carry baby. Thanks!!

This past Mardi Gras we went with our 4 year old and our 10 month old TWINS. Now we brought our own stroller, the double Bob, to all parks. For each ride my wife and I each had a kid attached to us by a Baby Bjorn for each ride. They loved it because they got to see everything. The up and down rides like Dumbo or Aladdin made them laugh the entire time. It was great. People thought we were nuts for bringing 10 mo twins to Disney. But it was my 4 year old that was the most difficult. The twins napped periodically. ALSO very important.. your husband or whoever will hate me for this but...let the man change all the diapers in the parks. The mens restrooms never ever have a line for the changing tables. The womens restrooms you might as well have gotten a fast pass. The changings will go MUCH quicker if the men do the dirty work in the parks. Yes this tip cost me my MAN card.

Suwithoutane

Original Poster
This past Mardi Gras we went with our 4 year old and our 10 month old TWINS. Now we brought our own stroller, the double Bob, to all parks. For each ride my wife and I each had a kid attached to us by a Baby Bjorn for each ride. They loved it because they got to see everything. The up and down rides like Dumbo or Aladdin made them laugh the entire time. It was great. People thought we were nuts for bringing 10 mo twins to Disney. But it was my 4 year old that was the most difficult. The twins napped periodically. ALSO very important.. your husband or whoever will hate me for this but...let the man change all the diapers in the parks. The mens restrooms never ever have a line for the changing tables. The womens restrooms you might as well have gotten a fast pass. The changings will go MUCH quicker if the men do the dirty work in the parks. Yes this tip cost me my MAN card.

Haha, great tips. We learned the men's room diaper thing when we brought our now 3.5 yr old for her second bday, so we'll definitely be taking advantage of that again! Good to know about the Bjorn, they were front facing? Thanks :)

With the Baby Bjorn you can do it either way. But once they can hold their head up on their own good you can face them forward. We found that when we were out shopping and they get a little strollered out we will hook them to us with the Bjorn and they love it. They are so curious at that age and want to see everything.

WDW_Firefighter

When our kids were babies we used a sling or front facing carrier after old enough to hold head up. You can switch up between you and your husband. Also take advantage of the baby care centers, there's one in each park and we've never seen one crowded. They have multiple changing tables, rocking chairs, and baby necessities to purchase if you forget something.

EOD K9

I will be bringing my (at the time of vacation) ten month old twin daughters on a cruise and then the MK for a short visit while we are there. You don't lose a man card for caring for your children. Good thing I saw your post.

mammaminnie

We will be bringing our 4 month old to WDW this December and I plan on carrying him in my Tula a good chunk of the day. This way he can sleep thru various activities without me constantly getting him in and out of the stroller for rides etc. I love the Tula too because it is super comfortable for both he and I to wear all day if needed.

memo10

Tula love here too!!

I wore DS in my Tula (on my back most of the time) and then just slipped him around to my front right before we got on rides. It was hot enough that I enjoyed the break during the rides. I think a ring sling would be a really convenient option too. I didn't bring mine, but I think I will throw it in the stroller next time. My DS is really heavy (26lbs at 7 months) so the ring sling is not super comfy for long periods of time but I think it would be good for when we have FP+.

mammaminnie

Love my Tula!!!!!! For the heat, a friend have me a great tip. Take those cooling cloths that you get wet and the sort of snap and they cool down....once it's cool, lay it on the baby's back when you have them in front against you. Then you can still regulate their body temp with yours, but also keep them cooler during the hot days.

boilerpicc

We had our daugher in a baby bjorn, facing me, at 3 months. We only had an issue on 1 ride. The rule when we were there was that the baby could stay in the carrier as long as it could fit under any lap constraints. That is really hard to do on Toy Story Mania. It makes it pretty much impossible to shoot the gun, so we just rode around and looked at all of the colors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom