Indiana Jones???

woofboy111

Original Poster
I have a question about the Indiana Jones movies...Aren't they Steiphen Speilburg Films??? How did Disney ever get the rights to them? Wouldn't you think Universial would build an Indy ride and not disney? Just wondering...

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 193

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111
I have a question about the Indiana Jones movies...Aren't they Steiphen Speilburg Films??? How did Disney ever get the rights to them? Wouldn't you think Universial would build an Indy ride and not disney? Just wondering...

I thought they were george lucas films :)

woofboy111

Original Poster
Well, I once took a Film class, which talked about the history of films, and then at the end, we did two different Directors and only watched their movies. One of them was steiphen Speilburg, and during this time, we watched all 3 Indiana Jones movies. Also, when I go to universal, they do have some small Indiana Jones stuff, like putting your face in an Indy Movie poster. Could it be that these films were produced by both of them or something like that?

Attachments

• expressionmickey.gif
    expressionmickey.gif
    6 KB · Views: 194

Sire_Bobbie

Weren't they produced by George Lucas and directed by Steven? After all its the producers with the money, that would explain why George can give the ok and not Steven.

NowInc

Actually...They are co-written by Speilberg and lucas...however they are in fact directed by Spielberg. They are not Universal OR MGM property...they are released on Paramount..which is a Viacom company. Now yes...seeing how universal and Viacom have a lot of ties (Nickalodeon ( A viacom company) has studios in Universal), but it most likley came down to who was the higest bidder.

Just wait for the 4th indy movie...we should see more flames flying as to who gets to cash in on it.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Oh, I would love a forth Indy movie. I would guess Disney would get it because of how they already have some indy rides, and shows. (but that could change)

WDWFanatic

indy

Is the indy ride ever going to be put in the magic kingdom? Whats the latest? From the news i have heard, the 4th indy movie has been put on hold for now but they want to do it. They are trying to come up with a good storyline. Also the directors have too many other films in the works now. They need to get moving soon cause indy is 49 or 50 now. What do you think indy should be going after this time? Noahs ark? Lets hear some ideas!

DisneyFreak

Actually Indiana Jones, er....Harrison Ford turns 59 years old this July.

Below is the most recent info I have found regarding a 4th installment of the Indiana Jones saga:

<i>April 19, 2001... We go now an unconfirmed report from a scooper who apparently was doing some business with the folks at LucasFilm:

"I took the order...and couldn't resist asking 'When the heck is Indy 4 coming out?' My contact assured me he was in a development meeting for upcoming projects, and that Indy 4 is planned tentitively for a 2004 release. He also reiterated that NO Indy movie would be without Harrison Ford. As far as the story, 'several' scripts/ideas are being looked at...so anyone that claims the Atlantis or Excalibur story or any other as the one true storyline is speculation."</i>

That would mean Harrison Ford will be 61 or 62 filming this movie!

NowInc

Harrison ford has also already signed to do the movie...after several years of him turning it down.....

Lots of rumors as to what the movie is going to be about,...but seeing how they are still trying to make a good story...and its not finished yet...i wouldnt go assuming any particular story idea.

M

Mr Lightbeer

I don't think it will really matter if Harrison is 61 or 62 when he makes the movie, I mean his dad Sean Connery (Swoon swoon) will be a remakably young 73 or 74 then, lets really use our imaginations and have Kirk Douglas as his grandad, now that really would be one HELL of a movie, I for one would go to see it a least ten times.

(Mrs Lightbeer wrote this post):)

WDWFanatic

I totally agree, id love to see something like that. The whole jones clan togther. I can watch indy movies over and over again, I never get tired of them. What scenes/stunts do you think should be done in a new indiana jones adventure show? I havent been to see the show since it was closed for a while, what was done?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom