Indiana Jones ride concept themed to Fire Mountain (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
This is for an idea for a new E-ticket ride at the Magic Kingdom. It combines an Indiana Jones with the old Fire Mountain concept. It would be called "Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Pele"!

This would merge the Indy universe with the Adventureland universe, in the form of one of the gods from the Enchanted Tiki Room. Which one? Well, perhaps this description from Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Gardens will help:

PELE: I am Pele, goddess of fire and volcanoes. Some say I torment poor Ngendi, the earth balancer, for when my violent temper rises, the earth trembles on its foundation!

NGENDI: Legends say I'm balancing the earth. But sad to say, I'm just hanging on.

PELE: I'm the one who's really sad. For when I smile, it comes out mad!

Anyway, this concept would be an E-ticket ride set inside a volcanic mountain with Indiana Jones himself. It would be one of those partially-water-type thrill rides. Just as the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland has vehicles themed to old jeeps, so this ride's vehicles would be "ducks" (that is, amphibious cars).

Any ideas would be very helpful, because that's really all I got right now. Let's discuss!

Chris82

Hey I am all for Indiana Jones rides! But where could you put in Adventureland, I wonder?

By the way, what is the old "Fire Mountain concept?"

spacemt354

Chili's
This is for an idea for a new E-ticket ride at the Magic Kingdom. It combines an Indiana Jones with the old Fire Mountain concept. It would be called "Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Pele"!

This would merge the Indy universe with the Adventureland universe, in the form of one of the gods from the Enchanted Tiki Room. Which one? Well, perhaps this description from Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Gardens will help:

PELE: I am Pele, goddess of fire and volcanoes. Some say I torment poor Ngendi, the earth balancer, for when my violent temper rises, the earth trembles on its foundation!

NGENDI: Legends say I'm balancing the earth. But sad to say, I'm just hanging on.

PELE: I'm the one who's really sad. For when I smile, it comes out mad!

Anyway, this concept would be an E-ticket ride set inside a volcanic mountain with Indiana Jones himself. It would be one of those partially-water-type thrill rides. Just as the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland has vehicles themed to old jeeps, so this ride's vehicles would be "ducks" (that is, amphibious cars).

Any ideas would be very helpful, because that's really all I got right now. Let's discuss!
I really like the "duck" tour idea! And the vehicles have been made before like in Boston
20150422011413_boston_duck_tours.jpg

As for the attraction itself, I like how it's tied into the Adventureland story. And maybe to detail the queue and mountain, could we draw inspiration from not just the films but some of the Indiana Jones novels? I used to read these when I was young, one that I found with similar "Adventureland/Mountain type setting is
2143249-young_indiana_jones_and_the_eye_of_the_tiger.jpg

Maybe that mountain in the background could act as an inspiration for our mountain? We could also take inspiration from Temple of Doom as the storyline of gods and such reminds me of that. :)

MANEATINGWREATH

That mountain looks like a perfect style for Fire Mountain! I would possibly rename the attraction. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye isn't called Indiana Jones and the Temple of Mara. Perhaps naming it something along the lines of Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Flames?

mharrington

Original Poster
That mountain looks like a perfect style for Fire Mountain! I would possibly rename the attraction. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye isn't called Indiana Jones and the Temple of Mara. Perhaps naming it something along the lines of Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Flames?

I'm not sure how I feel about just "Mountain of Flames". It sounds too generic. Maybe something like "Mountain of Serpentine Flames"? It could be like a flame snake.

Chris82

Having now read what Fire Mountain was, I gotta say, the idea of a hanging roller coaster over an indoor environment is incredible. As cool as a Duck-boat ride would be, I'd still vote for a coaster!

I've had a similar idea for Nintendo land - an indoor hanging family coaster with seats like the Superman at Six Flags over Georgia - to simulate Mario's Wing Cap in Mario 64! But I think I'd be happy flying over any awesome themed environment, especially something Indiana Jones themed :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom