Incredibles 2 Details

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/14/the-incredibles-2-pixar-d23/

upload_2017-7-14_21-57-59.png

“Elastigirl and a certain chain of events puts her at the forefront of the action, while Bob has to stay home facing his biggest challenge yet,” Bird teased, which leads into the debut of the first-ever footage from The Incredibles 2.

Sped2424

This is looking to be stronger humor wise than Dory or Monsters U. Plus Elastagirl is said to be given a more major role in this film which is always a good thing.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/incredibles-2-first-look/

Incredibles 2 picks up, literally, where the first film left off, with Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl battling The Underminer, while Violet and Dash are stuck with babysitting Jack-Jack,” says writer-director Brad Bird, who has kept plot details about the highly-secretive sequel to his Pixar blockbuster under tight wraps. Save for a brief tease at Disney’s D23 fan expo this summer, “that’s all we’re saying for now,” Bird continues, “but rest assured, there are a lot more superheroics in store for our ‘family dynamic.’”

upload_2017-12-8_18-11-4.png

On the plot front, a chain of events in Incredibles 2 sends Elastigirl into the center of the action while Mr. Incredible, at home in the family’s sleek new hideout headquarters, must contend with baby Jack-Jack’s burgeoning new powers, as revealed in November’s record-breaking teaser trailer.

“Helen’s appetite for adventure comes to the fore,” says Hunter. “Whereas before, she was driven to become Mrs. Incredible out of necessity, where she went into it to save her husband, I think this time she really meets her own ambition head-on. The ambition of being an adventure is something that we get to explore.”

Sped2424

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/incredibles-2-first-look/

Incredibles 2 picks up, literally, where the first film left off, with Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl battling The Underminer, while Violet and Dash are stuck with babysitting Jack-Jack,” says writer-director Brad Bird, who has kept plot details about the highly-secretive sequel to his Pixar blockbuster under tight wraps. Save for a brief tease at Disney’s D23 fan expo this summer, “that’s all we’re saying for now,” Bird continues, “but rest assured, there are a lot more superheroics in store for our ‘family dynamic.’”

View attachment 248985

On the plot front, a chain of events in Incredibles 2 sends Elastigirl into the center of the action while Mr. Incredible, at home in the family’s sleek new hideout headquarters, must contend with baby Jack-Jack’s burgeoning new powers, as revealed in November’s record-breaking teaser trailer.

“Helen’s appetite for adventure comes to the fore,” says Hunter. “Whereas before, she was driven to become Mrs. Incredible out of necessity, where she went into it to save her husband, I think this time she really meets her own ambition head-on. The ambition of being an adventure is something that we get to explore.”
Not sold on this plot at all. I'm a little worried about this one.

Fox&Hound

I hope this is not another “look how incompetent this stay at home Dad is” kind of movie. Not sure how I feel about this movie. Plus, super heroes are everywhere now- moreso than when the first Incredibles came out. Will the audience show up for this?

erasure fan1

I hope this is not another “look how incompetent this stay at home Dad is” kind of movie. Not sure how I feel about this movie. Plus, super heroes are everywhere now- moreso than when the first Incredibles came out. Will the audience show up for this?
I got that same kind of vibe as well. After the first movie I was really hoping if they made a sequel it would be a prequel, back in the hay day of the supers. I have no doubt the audience will show up. The only way it doesn't do well is if its absolutely terrible. But I can't see that.

Bairstow

Not sold on this plot at all. I'm a little worried about this one.

Same here.
There was some impressive worldbuilding in the first movie and I was wanting to see more of that here. The Incredibles was basically a re-imagining of Watchmen where you're watching a marriage fall apart, which is kind of fantastic for Pixar subject matter. Going sillier and picking up hours after the first movie isn't what I wanted, but we'll see where it goes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't get why Mr. Incredible has to stand aside for Elastigirl. If this flick gives in to political pandering, I'll stay home, thanks.

The first movie was about Dad getting back into the superhero game. This movie is about Mom getting back into it.

If you consider equal time and billing as pandering to women, then we know you're a card carrying member of the men's rights movmement.

Magenta Panther

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "political", since the concept of equality isn't the exclusive province of either major political party.

My concern reflects those here who worry that Mr. Incredible is going to be relegated to the "Dumb Dad" trope. And I'm tired of it, frankly.

It seems to me that if Mr. Incredible has to stay home to give Elastigirl a chance, then, to me, it says that she can't compete if both are on equal footing.

Besides, didn't Elastigirl get "back into the superhero game" when she went to Syndrome's island and kicked bad guy butt and encouraged Violet to embrace her destiny?

I hope I'm wrong about this one, but the trailers are giving Elastigirl the "Elizabeth Swann" (of Pirates) treatments - she's superior and all-knowing simply because of her sex. (Perhaps, to be more current, I should be describing it as giving Elastigirl the "Rey" treatment ;)).

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "political", since the concept of equality isn't the exclusive province of either major political party.

My concern reflects those here who worry that Mr. Incredible is going to be relegated to the "Dumb Dad" trope. And I'm tired of it, frankly.

It seems to me that if Mr. Incredible has to stay home to give Elastigirl a chance, then, to me, it stays that she can't compete if both are on equal footing.

Besides, didn't Elastigirl get "back into the superhero game" when she went to Syndrome's island and kicked bad guy butt and encouraged Violet to embrace her destiny?

I hope I'm wrong about this one, but the trailers are giving Elastigirl the "Elizabeth Swann" (of Pirates) treatments - she's superior and all-knowing simply because of her sex. (Perhaps, to be more current, I should be describing it as giving Elastigirl the "Rey" treatment ;)).
You are assuming that a parent staying home or taking care of their kids puts them on a lower level than the parent who works outside the home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom