In WDW now: Ride elements not working

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm currently in WDW through 12/3. Below are observations of ride elements not working. I make no representations yea or nay other than to point out what I saw:

11/29: MK
  • 7DMT: Snow White and Dwarfs not dancing in cottage
  • IASM: Sun Rays spinning around sun not working
  • HM: Ride stopped more than once. To be fair, it could have been handicapped people getting on and off
  • Pirates: Not as many cannon blasts in the water?
11/30: Visited only a potion of rides in AK and HS. (Yes, Yeti doesn't work. Yawn)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm currently in WDW through 12/3. Below are observations of ride elements not working. I make no representations yea or nay other than to point out what I saw:

• HM: Ride stopped more than once. To be fair, it could have been handicapped people getting on and off
11/30: Visited only a potion of rides in AK and HS. (Yes, Yeti doesn't work. Yawn)

Ellen & Snake Dino AAs not added back to Ellen's Energy Adventure yet. Still an empty scene there.

EDIT: Could be an unreliable source.. But it sounds like something Disney would do in this situation.

"I know someone that worked Universe of Energy for a short time and walked through it. The Ellen animatronic is still gone and won't be returning any time soon apparently. They've cemented over where she once stood." - kittykat7887, disboards

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

Were the mermaids and fog projection 100% on POTC?

copcarguyp71

And yet somehow Iger is canonized as a saviour of the company by some....
Godzilla-facepalm.png

Marc Gil

Minor show elements not working?

Whoop-Dee-Doo...

Now there's a surprise.

EDIT: Except the Ellen and the "Snake-Like Creature" missing from UOE. I can't believe that's still missing after all these months.

JohnD

Original Poster
Ellen & Snake Dino AAs not added back to Ellen's Energy Adventure yet. Still an empty scene there.

EDIT: Could be an unreliable source.. But it sounds like something Disney would do in this situation.

"I know someone that worked Universe of Energy for a short time and walked through it. The Ellen animatronic is still gone and won't be returning any time soon apparently. They've cemented over where she once stood." - kittykat7887, disboards

That doesn't bother me. I found it distracting frankly.

Yert3

Considering we're talking about WDW and you were only able to spot a handful of broken/switched off effects, I'd say that's pretty good. Back in 2012, on most attractions it seemed like more effects were broken/off than the ones there WERE working/on. They've improved substantially since then. They still have a long way to go, unfortunately.

Marc Gil

Considering we're talking about WDW and you were only able to spot a handful of broken/switched off effects, I'd say that's pretty good. Back in 2012, on most attractions it seemed like more effects were broken/off than the ones there WERE working/on. They've improved substantially since then. They still have a long way to go, unfortunately.
Agreed, 2010-2012 was an all-time low for WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom