In HRH during Irma

Spectro

Original Poster
Just on our 5th night of 7 staying in HRH on rock royalty level. The resort had exceeded our expectations with service, room comfort and lounge facility. We have a larger room with 2 beds and sofa bed and the extra room is awesome. We are very comfortable here and feel very safe, lots of activities and movies have been scheduled to keep us entertained during the next 2 days lock down. We have already done all the rides and visited volcano bay and it's been awesome walking right on to each ride with no lines. Have eaten at mythos, Hard Rock Cafe and Lombards all fabulous meals and excellent service. Even casual dining at Louie's was good food. The hotel pool and slide are amazing and I was able to swim even though pool not deep. I will post pictures when we get home. This is definitely the best resort in universal I think as we walked up to poftofino but preferred HRH . I love the laid back rock vibe. Hotel is now full to capacity as families and their doggies have checked in to wait out Irma. I'm now actually concerned that our Disney part of our vacation will live up to the universal part even though I've been a die hard Disney fan for years.

Attachments

• IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 59

Spectro

Original Poster
Have to shout out to the lounge staff who are absolutely lovely and amazing and big thank you to all the staff who have stayed here to take care of us during Irma.

Plans for today / workout at gym, watch some movies, hang out in lobby, eat at the kitchen and visit velvet bar.
Looks like it's gonna rain all day today.

Spectro

Original Poster
5 nights out of 6 an alarm has been activated during the night here. I asked the front desk and Apparently is a guest or guests triggering it and they are investigating . They said its nothing to do with hurricane. Was scary first time I heard it on room speaker it said ..'an alarm has been activated please stand by and listen for instructions' and played on a loop for a while, then another message states they have investigated and there is no emergency.

Spectro

Original Poster
We had lunch buffet in the kitchen yesterday as they aren't serving a la carte during the hurricane. Was good everyday food / 3 types of pizza, hot dogs, steak fries, fried chicken, hot dogs and a lunch meat sandwich section and salad bar. Also were mini muffins, cookies rice crispy bars, key lime tarts. There was a live singer on in the lobby and everyone and their dogs were there to enjoy and a temporary bar had been set up for refreshments

Attachments

• IMG_2904.JPG
    IMG_2904.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2904.JPG
    IMG_2904.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 43

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom