Improving Mickey's Toontown At DL

Do you like any of my improvement ideas?

• Yes, I do like most of them, if not all?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I don't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mharrington

Original Poster
I've also decided to add to the Toontown area music loop as well:

• Pluto's Theme
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Army's Not the Army Anymore
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy

That's all I can think up for the moment.

In the end, it will make quite a hefty list of loop music tracks. :lol: Here's the final list (with new tracks I thought up at the bottom):

• The Grasshopper and the Ants
  • Pluto's Playmate
  • Puppy Love
  • Three Little Pigs
  • Box Lunch
  • Casey At the Bat
  • Camping Out
  • The Wise Little Hen
  • Little Toot
  • Funny Little Bunnies
  • Donald Duck Theme
  • The Pied Piper
  • The Country Cousin
  • Goofy's Theme
  • Who Killed ________ Robin
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Minnie's Yoo Hoo
  • Springtime
  • The Tortoise and the Hare
  • Playful Pluto
  • Maroon Cartoon Theme
  • Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!
  • Thru the Mirror
  • Steamboat Willie
  • Pluto's Theme
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Army's Not the Army Anymore
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy
  • Figaro and Cleo

What do you think? I told you it's quite hefty. Maybe we should scrap some and restore, but what? What should be removed and what should stay? I just added "Figaro and Cleo", too.

mharrington

Original Poster
And I'm also thinking of adding a spillover queue for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin in case the line gets a bit too long, similar to what Tokyo Disneyland does with its Roger Rabbit ride. The spillover line will also be used in France's Roger Rabbit ride, too.

Hummer1676

I thought that this area was supposed to just be filler until they decide what they are going to do with it. It doesn't really fit in with the whole park. I would figure they could tie it in with Fantasyland and do a whole new concept. Evil land or the infamout Dark Kingdom.

mharrington

Original Poster
I thought that this area was supposed to just be filler until they decide what they are going to do with it. It doesn't really fit in with the whole park. I would figure they could tie it in with Fantasyland and do a whole new concept. Evil land or the infamout Dark Kingdom.

No, I think it fits the area okay. If it didn't fit in, then why do they have similar lands in WDW and Tokyo Disneyland. Where do you think Toontown should go?

mharrington

Original Poster
You know how you meet Mickey in his Movie Barn on the set of one of his cartoons? Here are the current cartoons:

• Steamboat Willie
  • The Band Concert
  • Thru the Mirror
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice

I would like to add two more cartoons to be seen:

• The Brave Little Tailor
  • Mickey and the Beanstalk

What do you think of those ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
The French name for Toontown in the French release of Who Framed Roger Rabbit is Toonville. Should that be the name of Toontown at Disneyland Paris, or should it just be called Toontown?

mharrington

Original Poster
You could go with that, would make sense to the french people, and would be a little different, which is never a bad thing IMO

But on the other hand, the French-language version of Toontown Online is still called Toontown. So which one should it be?

mharrington

Original Poster
In Toonville (AKA my intended name for DLP's Toontown), should all visual words, as well as audio, be translated into French, or retain the English from California and Japan (in that case, written words only)?

MathewGW

Is't all the audio in English & French (at least for the safety). IMO, it should fit in with the rest of the park, which if memory serves, the text is in French

mharrington

Original Poster
Is't all the audio in English & French (at least for the safety). IMO, it should fit in with the rest of the park, which if memory serves, the text is in French

But French is not the main written language for Main Street or Frontierland, at least from a decorative perspective. French, however, IS the visual language for Adventureland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland. That's why I'm asking.

MathewGW

But French is not the main written language for Main Street or Frontierland, at least from a decorative perspective. French, however, IS the visual language for Adventureland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland. That's why I'm asking.

Well, it seems that the two areas of the park which fit into an american theme (Main Street is eary 20th centuary america, Fronierland is the old west) have english text, where as the parts that don't have a specific us theme are in French.

IMO, seeing as Toontown is set in America, based on American toons, the text should be english

rbrower

Does anybody else think that it would be cool to include a new restaurant based on "House of Mouse". Think of Sci-Fi but with a different theming and built like the cartoon.

mharrington

Original Poster
Does anybody else think that it would be cool to include a new restaurant based on "House of Mouse". Think of Sci-Fi but with a different theming and built like the cartoon.

My point exactly. The only difference between this version and the cartoon version is the cartoons played. Whereas the cartoons on the show are mainly ones made especially for the show, the cartoons playing in real life will be the classic ones. Think the old Fantasyland Theater, the one that was in DL's Fantasyland before it was replaced by the Pinocchio ride.

Figment fan

My point exactly. The only difference between this version and the cartoon version is the cartoons played. Whereas the cartoons on the show are mainly ones made especially for the show, the cartoons playing in real life will be the classic ones. Think the old Fantasyland Theater, the one that was in DL's Fantasyland before it was replaced by the Pinocchio ride.

The cartoons on House of Mouse first appeared on the Mickey Mouse Works cartoons.

mharrington

Original Poster
The cartoons on House of Mouse first appeared on the Mickey Mouse Works cartoons.

Whatever. The point is that whereas the cartoon version of the restaurant features original cartoons made no earlier than two years, the real-life version of the restaurant features the old cartoons, kind of like the old Fantasyland Theater where the Pinocchio ride now resides.

rbrower

Oh, sorry if you had already posted that idea. I just didn't see it. Sorry again!

mharrington

Original Poster
Whatever. The point is that whereas the cartoon version of the restaurant features original cartoons made no earlier than two years, the real-life version of the restaurant features the old cartoons, kind of like the old Fantasyland Theater where the Pinocchio ride now resides.

Also, I was thinking, on average days, the cartoons will be random. But on specific character birthdays, they'll show nothing but cartoons starring that character. So on every June 9, they'll show nothing but Donald cartoons all day. And on November 18 each year, they'll show solely Mickey toons all day. Get the idea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom