Improving Mickey's Toontown At DL

Do you like any of my improvement ideas?

• Yes, I do like most of them, if not all?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I don't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been thinking about how Toontown at Disneyland has not been what it used to be. A lot of the things are a mere shell of their formal selves, especially Goofy's Bounce House, Donald's Boat and Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse. And no more Jolly Trolley.

I think one of its many disadvantages is that much of it was built specifically for youngsters (save for Mickey and Minnie's Houses and the Car Toon Spin, which are built for everyone). So one of my plans is to fix some, if not all, the attractions up to be more accessible to other people besides just kids. Another disadvantage is that there's a dead end at the far end of the area. A great way to alleviate such a problem is to expand this area of Toontown to the Big Thunder Ranch area of the park to create a second entrance to the land. Here's a map that explains. Just click here to see.

If you can imagine the land being expanded left and then down into Frontierland, then you should have an idea of what I plan to do. Next time, I'll post the attractions and eateries.

mharrington

Original Poster
And now, here are the attractions of the new, improved Mickey's Toontown!

1. Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse
  2. Goofy's Airport
  3. Goofy's KinderGarden
  4. Jolly Trolley
  5. Mickey's House
  6. Minnie's House
  7. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
  8. Toon Park
  9. Tugboat Donald
  10. Von Drake's House of Genius

What did you think? I'll explain more in greater detail later.

mharrington

Original Poster
Before I mention anything, I'm going to make one thing clear: Mickey and Minnie's Houses and the Car Toon Spin, plus the Downtown and Town Square areas will all be unaltered.

Anyway, here's the description of the new Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse! It will be very different and much better than the current Treehouse. It will no longer be a simple climb-thru attraction; now it will be an Orange Stinger-style swing ride with acorns as the seats. The swing structure will be in the form of a big tree with Chip 'n' Dale atop. People young and old can soar above the ground on high-flying swings designed like acorns. And the other thing here is that it will be themed to the cartoons we know the chipmunks for, instead of to Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers. I'm sure some of us are familiar with that show, but more people are familiar with the cartoons.

Another attraction will be the crown jewel of the new Toontown makeover: Goofy's Airport! Gone will be Gadget's Go Coaster (it will be completely demolished), replaced by this new family coaster. It's a family coaster so that grownups as well as kids can ride, too, with or without children. The old Goofy's Bounce House will also be scrapped, but some of its scenery will be reused to house a similarly-themed house, used as the queue area. The queue will feature a few interactive gags, like sound crates. The ride itself will feature airplanes that are red in color (like the glider plane in one early Goofy short).

The ride begins with a lift hill designed like a crude runway. Much of the ride will take place over a new Toon Lake where another attraction Tugboat Donald will take place, too. The peak of the hill provides a good view of Toontown from up there. After you go down the hill, you zip around turns and up and down hills with the propellors of the plane cars spinning. Since your flying around above a lake, the ride will be sort of like Carowinds' Super Saturator in that there will be spots during the ride where a fountain may shoot at you or you may even get bombarded by a water bomb. At one point, the planes smash through the tallest tower of Goofy's new house, sort of like what happens in the old Barnstormer attraction at WDW. As a nod to history, I will include the spitting frogs from GGC.

Well, that's it for now; look for more soon. Until then, what do you think so far?

YOur Ideas are comming along well. I can't wait to see some concept art. I just wish that WDW's MTTF would get a rehab like this. THeirs is so lame. especially b/c It doesn't even look good. The expansion idea is good b/c it will also allow for better guest flow into the are where you could add a few shops to be "Disneylike" and get money from them lol. keeep up the good work.

mharrington

Original Poster
YOur Ideas are comming along well. I can't wait to see some concept art. I just wish that WDW's MTTF would get a rehab like this. THeirs is so lame. especially b/c It doesn't even look good. The expansion idea is good b/c it will also allow for better guest flow into the are where you could add a few shops to be "Disneylike" and get money from them lol. keeep up the good work.

What a coincidence. I have made a thread about improving WDW's MTTF, too. You can view that thread by clicking right here. But as for the concept art, you're going to have wait a while, because I have to 1) actually make the art, which I have yet to do and 2) put them up online, which I have no knowledge of. Maybe you can help explain how to put custom made images on this site.

mharrington

Original Poster
Now, the Jolly Trolley will return, not as a simple transportation ride, but as a long ground version of the upcoming Tomorrowland Transit Authority. The track will be significantly longer to go into the expanded area of the land. Unlike in the past when the trolley stopped at downtown and residential area, it WILL stop only at a trolley-themed load area at the farthest end of the land and will provide a round-trip nonstop tour of Toontown, a la the TTA. To alleviate the likelihood of crowds congesting the area so much that the trolley can't really move anywhere, I'll have one or two cast members walking in front of the trolley, directing guest aside. Also the trolleys will have the seats done in single file for a maximum of six passengers per trolley.

The new kiddie playland area will be called Goofy's KinderGarden. It will have a McDonald's-like play area, albeit themed to Disney and it will feature all the traditions of a traditional children's playground: jungle gym, swings, slides, etc. Of course, the current Toon Park will also be retained.

mharrington

Original Poster
The last two new attractions are both themed to ducks. One of them is called Tugboat Donald (so-called because it's a parody title of the cartoon, Tugboat Mickey). This is an attraction on Toon Lake, based on an abandoned ride concept dating back to the 1950s. In the book about Disneyland's 50th anniversary, there is a section all about abandoned ride ideas. One of them is a Donald Duck-themed bumper boat ride. A new 21st century version of that ride will finally come into being, not as a bumper boat ride, but as an Aquatopia-style ride. The queue will be Donald's new house, or should I say, houseboat. There will also be an upper level for extended queue, as I'm quite sure this ride will be very popular. Anyway, the ride is followed thus: the vehicles are small tugboats that take you on a wild ride. Your tugboat will twist, turn, backup, spin around in place, all while taking you on a seemingly random trip dodging jagged rocks, spinning whirlpools, and other tugboats. Also, there are interactive water elements with water blasters for guests people-watching to use. Also, Huey, Dewey and Louie are also waiting to nail you, as are the frogs at the end of Goofy's Airport. Speaking of which, some of the ride goes under the tracks of the new roller coaster. The direction your vehicle travels in is not random, of course, but controlled by unseen technology borrowed from Tokyo's Pooh's Hunny Hunt. The movements of the boats are likely to be a bit unpredictable, but the ride is fun for kids and adults alike.

Now the other duck-themed attraction is called Von Drake's House of Genius. It's a multimedia show hosted by Ludwig Von Drake, featuring Audio-Animatronics and special effects (ALA Epcot's Cranium Command). There are two theaters in which the show (lecture) is presented, each one with Von Drake as host and a specific character is used as his particular "guinea pig". Now, one of the two shows is about health, but it's actually unoriginal: a slightly revised version of the old Wonders of Life show, "Goofy About Health". It will be the exact same show as in Epcot, but with Von Drake narrating and him being used instead of the unnamed doctor in the real show. The other show will be an original one about psychology, with Donald Duck. The post-show features all sorts of interactivities, such as an area where you can determine which of the Fab Six you're most like.

And those are the attractions of the new and improved Mickey's Toontown. What do you think? I will post more specific details on the Von Drake attractions.

mharrington

Original Poster
Another attraction coming to Toontown isn't really an attraction, it's a restaurant, the ultimate character dining experience: the House of Mouse! Here, you can dine in the famed supper club from the TV show of the same name. Every 45 minutes or so, a Mickey Mouse Revue-style show plays on the main stage for about ten minutes. Between those times, they play Disney cartoons on the big screen at the head of the place. No, it won't be the custom-made cartoons made especially for the TV show, they will be the classic cartoons we know Disney for (think the old Fantasyland Theater). And every ten minutes, a different character visits a different table for a minimum of two minutes and a maximum of five. The beauty part of this is that the restaurant is an excellent opportunity for character greetings and pictures. Plus, the characters are always random, so you never know who will visit.

mharrington

Original Poster
This updated Toontown will also come to Disneyland Paris! :D At long last, DLP will have a Toontown!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

mharrington

Original Poster
This updated Toontown will also come to Disneyland Paris! :D At long last, DLP will have a Toontown!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Actually, one of the only reasons why I'm including a Toontown for DLP is simply an excuse to introduce the Roger Rabbit ride to Europe. :lol:

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the verbal tour of the psychology show at House of Genius, with Luwdig Von Drake and Donald Duck...

Using a stubborn and averagely angry Donald as his guinea pig, Von Drake attempts to get to the root of Donald's signature short temper with his latest invention: a machine that can display Donald's inner thoughts onto a series of screens, making them easier to observe and diagnose. Once formalities are taken care of, the experiment begins. After reviewing episodes from Donald's childhood, relationship with his nephews and girlfriend Daisy and brushes with Pete, Pluto and Chip 'n' Dale (seen through clips of various Donald shorts displayed on the screens), they stumble onto his thoughts about Mickey Mouse himself. Sure he is the better actor of the two, Donald imagines filling Mickey's big yellow shoes in such roles as Steamboat Willie, Fantasia, and the Mickey Mouse Club (including a disgruntled Mickey shouting his name over the "Donald Duck Club" theme song). Von Drake is pleased with the progress they're making, and begins to ask Donald what he thinks of his other friends. Unfortunately, he can't comprehend a word Donald is saying. When he makes this fact known, Donald throws a big fit, accidentally causing Von Drake's invention to blow a major fuse. Then it hits the Von Drake: it's Donald's voice! The reason Donald loses his temper so much comes from a subconscious frustration of people not being able to understand him. Certain this advice has cured Donald, he begins to perform a series of tough aggravation tests (including one featuring a not-so subtle reference to "It's a Small World" :animwink:) with excellent results. It looks like Donald will be cured for sure... that is, until he gets his VERY expensive bill. As the curtain closes, Von Drake says with a chuckle, "Well, I guess you can't win 'em all."

So, what do think?:wave:

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the script for the health show at House of Genius with Ludwig Von Drake and Goofy. It's actually a slightly longer version of "Goofy About Health" from Epcot's Wonders of Life. Most of the lecture is explained with various TV screens on the wall, each depicting clips from Goofy cartoons, which are used appropriately depending on what's specifically happening with Goofy.

(After the audience is seated in the medium-sized theater and the cast member goes over the safety spiels (i.e., remain seated, no eating, drinking, smoking, flash pictures and all), the curtain rises and an Audio-Animatronic Von Drake appears on the stage. There are a dozen TV screens on the wall behind him.)

VON DRAKE: Hello there! Welcome to Von Drake's House of Genius. This is the house and I'm the genius. And what I'm gonna talk about today is a problem facing people these days. You know what that problem is? Health issues, that's what! Anywho, are any of you people in the audience physically fit? Are you in shape? You men, are you V-shaped or solid like a pyramid? And you ladies, do you have an hourglass figure or did your sands shift? Are you fit? Active? Trim? Well, those are the shapes I'm in. The trouble with you is you’re getting soft because you're not getting enough exercise. After all, you can't just sit in a chair all day and expect to be fit, or even expect to fit the chair for that matter. It is known to us psychologists as unhealthy living. In this modern machine age, most of our work is done by machine. Now they have a machine that does the work for the machines. Yes sir, times have really changed for man. In the old days, he'd wear out his shoes. Now all he wears out is the seat of his pants. Anyway, my point is, too many people nowadays are in the same shape the world is in: round. To coin the phrase, it's not called "survival of the fattest", it's called "survival of the fittest". Course, it'd be a lot easier if it was "survival of the fattest", because today, man spends much of his time in clubs: supper clubs, country clubs, night clubs. Now let's see, where was I? Oh yeah, the lecture.

(Some of the TVs light up, depicting scenes of Toontown and its buildings.)

VON DRAKE: Behold, the city, a marvelous microcosm of human activity...

(Another TV screen lights up, showing clips of factories showing cranes, stamping machines and steel foundries.)

VON DRAKE: Where the wheels of progress spin smoothly for the common good...

(This TV turns off and another one lights up, showing windows with various murder scenes: strangling, threatening with guns, hanging, etc.)

VON DRAKE: Where society can mingle for an entertaining night on the town...

(This TV turns off and yet another lights up, revealing Goofy being attacked repeatedly, by a bottle, a frying pan and a rolling pin.)

VON DRAKE: And where families can be embraced in domestic harmony (chuckles).

(This screen turns off, as do the rest.)

VON DRAKE: In this urban paradise, I have located one individual who's reached better and healthier health and fitness. So now, it is my pleasure to introduce this, the unqualified champion of healthy living (chuckles).

(A screen lights up, revealing a very tired Goofy crawling across the floor of his house to his chair, which he slumps into.)

VON DRAKE: Ah yes, here he is now, the king returning to his castle, triumphed after a day of battle and crusade, full of vim and vinegar (chuckles). Let us now observe the regiment my subject follows to maintain his lively nature.

(This screen turns off, while at the same time, another lights up, revealing Goofy holding a baby in one hand and a hose in the other while talking on the phone.)

VON DRAKE: When arriving home, our friend takes some time out to spend a few relaxing moments with his family.

(This screen turns off, while another turns on, revealing Goofy eating quickly a LOT of food.)

VON DRAKE: Then it's time for a light, easy meal.

(This screen turns off, while another lights up, revealing a table covered with tobacco wares and Goofy reclining in a chair with his covered in a smoke cloud.)

VON DRAKE: Followed by some refreshing deep-breathing exercises.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing a smoking Goofy racing out of the house, leaving a trail of smoke behind.)

VON DRAKE: Realizing the need to get out of the house...

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy heading to a poker table engulfed in a giant smoke cloud, which he walks into.)

VON DRAKE: My subject occasionally gathers with his peers for some friendly, relaxing recreation.

GOOFY: (to his "peers" playing poker at the smoke-obscured table) Hiya, fellers!

PLAYER 1: (deadpan) Hi.

PLAYER 2: (deadpan) Hello.

PLAYER 3: (faces obscured by cards) Aw...

PLAYER 4: (deadpan) Puddup 'er shaddup.

(Goofy is now playing poker with the "peers" while the clock then reads 3:00. This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy perched on the head of his bed like an owl while the clock on the nightstand ticks away.)

VON DRAKE: Finally, he's home for a restful night of pleasant dreams.

(The clock rings crazily.)

VON DRAKE: The next morning, our kooky friend awakens.

(Goofy hastily leaps out of bed and grabs a cigarette and starts smoking. This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy nervously trying to swallow a pill with a glass of water.)

VON DRAKE: His morning wake-up ritual ensures that his transition from slumber to consciousness is smooth, quick and gradual (chuckles).

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy sitting at a table smoking a cigarette, which he extinguishes in a coffee cup. Another cigarette pops out of the toaster on the table and he grabs it.)

VON DRAKE: He then proceeds to prepare for the day ahead with the finest fuels Mother Nature has to offer.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy furiously starting his car and driving off.)

VON DRAKE: Then he proceeds with a carefree, relaxing jaunt to work.

(The car zips through heavy traffic, while Goofy is seen yelling at other drivers.)

GOOFY: Get off my road! Move over! Lemme pass!

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy at his job while his boss slams a pile of papers down on the table and yells, "Get to work!", after which Goofy is quickly writing in paper after paper.)

VON DRAKE: Once on the job, our friend promptly takes over and works independently.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy at a bar with a weasel as a bartender. The weasel serves Goofy a martini with a "goofball" in it.)

VON DRAKE: And then he cleverly uses his lunch break as a way to unwind and reflect on the work that lies ahead.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy back at his desk sound asleep with a typewriter in front of him. His boss yells at him to work and though asleep, he still works at typing at the typewriter with his toes. His boss then forces him, still sound asleep, out of the office.)

VON DRAKE: Back at his job, he is ever attentive to the smallest detail and is regularly awarded time off by his superiors.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy back at the bar, downing his goofball-laced martini in one big gulp, after which he gets a distorted drunken look.)

VON DRAKE: After a strenuous day, our friend likes to relax in a setting of good-natured solidarity (chuckles).

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing an intoxicated Goofy driving. He hiccups and struggles to focus. He ends up driving on train tracks, with an oncoming train constantly rear-ending his car.)

VON DRAKE: And when it's time to drive home, he remains ever watchful of other drivers.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing the first scene of Goofy: very tired and crawling across the floor of his house to his chair, which he slumps into.)

VON DRAKE: Ah, home again, home again, ready once more for relaxation and healthy living. Yes sir, he's truly created a paradise on Earth.

(Goofy looks at the camera, perplexed.)

VON DRAKE: Or has he?

(Suddenly, to frantic music, all TV screens light up, revealing Goofy in various unhealthy situations: i.e., drinking, overworking, overeating, taking pills, smoking, etc., while Goofy is heard yelling a lot. Von Drake ducks aside. Finally, things settle and all but one screen turns off. This one is Goofy, sick in bed. There's no sound except a clock ticking. He opens his mouth wide like he's yelling while a woman puts a thermometer in his mouth and a hot water bottle on his head. Goofy's temperature, as seen on the thermometer, rises exaggeratively high.)

VON DRAKE: Course, even in paradise, some people do get sick (chuckles). I finally diagnosed our kooky friend's problem as the dreaded and all-too-common unhealthy living blues!

(Blues music starts playing while the screens all light up again, this time some showing unhealthy conditions of Goofy's X-rays and others showing clips of Goofy himself partaking in such situations.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) Health is your responsibility. Your doctor's your friend, so listen to me. Running around town is what made you crack.

(Goofy's X-rays show his heart high up near his neck, while a TV screen shows Goofy holding a baby while standing at his door, where a salesman is trying to sell a gadget.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) Blood pressure's up near a heart attack! You got those unhealthy living blues. Oh, yeah.

(Another X-ray shows forms of fast food (a burger, fries and a soda) in Goofy's stomach. At the same time, another TV screen shows an overweight Goofy at a restaurant counter on two stools, which fall under his weight.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) Overeating has added those extra calories and cholesterol clog up your arteries.

(The X-rays reveal Goofy's brain inflating big-time while Goofy is seen opening up a medicine cabinet and grabbing a big pile of drug bottles.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) Your body ain't used to those dangerous drugs.

(Goofy is now seen on one screen drinking coffee at his worktable.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) You just can't survive on coffee slugs.

(The brain in Goofy's X-ray explodes and then the top of his head erupts like a volcano.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) You got those unhealthy living blues.

(Still another X-ray is shown, this time of Goofy's lungs as they seem to breathe weakly. Meanwhile, Goofy is seen with numerous cigarettes in his mouth. He starts coughing, hacking and wheezing.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) And if you keep inhaling that cigarette smoke, you could get emphazema or cancer or stroke!

(Another X-ray shows Goofy downing a large quantity of alcohol, the contents of which fill up his body.)

VON DRAKE: (singing) Drinking too much just ain't that much smart. It hurts your liver, your brain and your heart. You got those blues, baby. You got those unhealthy living blues. And that's the unhealthy living (high-pitched) blues!

(The Goofy with the thermometer in his mouth is shown again. The temperature drops and his face turns blue from cold.)

VON DRAKE: (laughing) Did you hear that note? It came out "blue"! All right, back to the lecture.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy looking thoughtful as if thinking.)

VON DRAKE: Anyways, our friend mulled over my advice and then made a very bold decision.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy pushing all foods on the table away from himself, save for a single carrot. While staring at it, his head turns into that of a rabbit.)

VON DRAKE: From now on, all overeating habits would be removed from his life. Forever.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy walking away from a fridge and then sliding back, digging for more food. When he sees what’s he’s done he looks guilty while hiding the food behind him.)

VON DRAKE: Yes sir, mending his old ways was as easy as... hmm, not as easy as you thought, is it?

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy reaching down to touch his toes, while at the same time, his toes struggle to reach up to his fingers, even poking through the shoe tips to do so. They reach and then he falls over in a heap.)

VON DRAKE: But eventually, our friend's determination did begin to pay off. He started to take his first forward steps to healthier living.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy determinedly brushing away a giant smoke cloud he's standing and then sweeps all his smoking wares of his desk. Then it shows some coworkers of his typing in their typewriters.)

VON DRAKE: And he's given up smoking forever, too. It also helped to let others around breathe more easily, too.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy and a dancing dummy. Goofy is seen drinking a small alcoholic drink.)

VON DRAKE: And he vowed to drink alcohol only in restrained moderation.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy eating a table.)

VON DRAKE: Meals are now nutritionally sound.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy sleeping on a mattress.)

VON DRAKE: And now proper rest is the norm instead of the exception. Yes sir, he's really enjoying his new life.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy walking down the street. He takes in a big breath of fresh air and pounds his chest with the health of it all. Music starts and Goofy is heard singing.)

GOOFY: (singing) Oh, I'm lovin' my healthy ways. Feelin' better every single day, a-hyuck!

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing a bathing suit-clad Goofy inside a bubble underwater. He had pierced the bubble with an umbrella and sits down in a lounge chair.)

GOOFY: (singing) Feeling better for plenty of play. Hooray for healthy ways!

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing the bathing suit-wearing Goofy on a piano stool practicing to swim.)

VON DRAKE: Our friend has discovered the benefits of regular exercise.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy trying to ride a horse.)

VON DRAKE: And he's developed an unbridled enthusiasm for challenging new tasks (chuckles).

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy dancing with a woman at a dance hall.)

VON DRAKE: He's always enjoying the wonderful rewards that come with the trial sand the tribulations that come from modern-day living.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy and his son vacationing in the mountains. They've made a fire and Goofy is flipping a pancake on a pan over the fire.)

VON DRAKE: And he's enjoying fun-filled family vacations.

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing two scenes, one of Goofy skiing and the other of him surfing.)

VON DRAKE: This enables him to live life fresh, relaxed and full of energy (chuckles).

GOOFY: (surfing) Hey, look! I made it! I made it!

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy happily climbing into his car.)

VON DRAKE: And a result, he's now more attentive on the road...

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy at his job. He's writing a paper a co-worker gives him.)

VON DRAKE: ...more productive on the job...

(This screen turns off and another lights up, revealing Goofy at home playing horsey with his son, who rides him across the floor. Goofy then tries to leap over the back of couch, only to catch his feet on it. He falls down on his stomach while his son slides off his back.)

VON DRAKE: ...and best of all, more fun and popular than ever around the home.

(This screen turns off and they all light up, revealing Goofy engaging in various activities: i.e., Olympics, sleeping, dancing, etc.)

GOOFY: (singing) Oh, I'm livin' the healthy way, feelin' better every single day, a-hyuck! I'm finding plenty of time for play. Oh, hooray for healthy, talk about your healthy, I said your healthy ways!

VON DRAKE: Yes sir, life for our hero has taken on a whole ‘nother meaning. And now the whole world is a happier, healthier place to live in. And it looks like our friend is truly kooky, or rather, GOOFY about health (chuckles)!

(Now all the screens turn off for good.)

VON DRAKE: Well, I’d like to thank you all for coming to my lecture on health. Hope to see you again next time! See you next time and have a healthy day now (chuckles)!

(Then Von Drake walks off-stage and the curtain closes, after which a cast member asks everyone to pick up their belongings and leave, the usual good-byes.)

What do you think?

figmntal95

And now, here are the attractions of the new, improved Mickey's Toontown!
  1. Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse
  2. Goofy's Airport
  3. Goofy's KinderGarden
  4. Jolly Trolley
  5. Mickey's House
  6. Minnie's House
  7. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
  8. Toon Park
  9. Tugboat Donald
  10. Von Drake's House of Genius
What did you think? I'll explain more in greater detail later.

sounds cool. but i dont really think there is enough room

mharrington

Original Poster
sounds cool. but i dont really think there is enough room

Which is why Toontown will receive an expansion the likes of which will result in there being two ways of entering and no dead end whatsoever. Best of all, it will make use of space not normally used anymore. Here's the link to an overhead view of Toontown explaining how it will be expanded: http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=toontownplanyd4.jpg. The yellow area represents the Toontown in existence today, while the red area represents the expansion.

Hope this helps.

mharrington

Original Poster
I've also decided to add to the Toontown area music loop as well:

• Pluto's Theme
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Army's Not the Army Anymore
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy

That's all I can think up for the moment.

mharrington

Original Poster
Disneyland's Toontown's themed year is 1947, the same year as in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Since this Toontown will also be the version found at Disneyland Paris, it will make historic sense, because 1947 is the year several Disney films that were released in the States during WWII were released in France because during the majority of the war, France had since been taken over by the Nazis. Anywho, here's the list of Disney films released in France in 1947, according to the Internet Movie Database:

• Saludos Amigos (February 11)
  • The Reluctant Dragon (July 7)
  • Bambi (July 15)
  • Dumbo (October 25)

So, as you can see, a bit of subtle history is in place here. :lol:

mharrington

Original Poster

mharrington

Original Poster
I was also considering having only part of the Jolly Trolley be on the ground, have only one stop and be an above-ground track. It will be a cross between the old Jolly Trolley, Tokyo DisneySea's Electric Railway and the PeopleMover. It will give not only a tour of Toontown, it will also be a serene, relaxing way to get a good view of the area from up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom