Pre-Trip Impromptu Mommy & Baby Trip!

Hello all!!!

My DD, 18 months old and I will be leaving DH at home and venturing out to Disney on August 23rd! I just booked airfare less than a week ago and can't wait to get down there with my daughter!
Here we are:

image.jpg

We are flying down from NJ on 8/23 and staying at Disney's Swan until 8/26. My sister and her family will be there, as well as my mom and her husband. I am not planning on doing much with them as I planned this impromptu trip so that my DD and I can bond before I begin my student teaching this upcoming semester.

Here are our plans so far:

I did not make any dining reservations. The plan is to eat what we can at our hotel (I get 1/2 off food at the Swan and Dolphin- My mom works for the company).

Sunday: leave for airport at 4:45am - flight leaves at 7am and we touchdown in Orlando around 9:30. We will scoop up our rental car, stop at the food/liquor store and head on "home" to Disney's Swan. I asked for an early check-in time of 12 and I'm hoping they can accommodate that because baby girl is going to need a napper! I will walk her around in the stroller if they can't and hope that she sleeps in it (she has before so we should be all good).
Sunday evening: We have faspasses for EPCOT (my favorite) - Spaceship Earth, Meet Mickey and Friends and Illuminations... My plan is to hit up Nemo (one of DDs favorite movies) and hopefully Figment (which was her first ride ever when we went last year when she was 6 months old) or doing the show in France and the ride in Mexico. Either way we're bound to have a blast on our first night!

Monday: MK bright and early! Fastpasses are for IASW, Peter Pan's Flight and Under the Sea. The plan is to see if we can squeeze in Mickey's Philarmagic somewhere in there. Then back to the hotel for a napper.
Monday evening: Back to EPCOT to do whatever we want at our leasure. Winging it will be fun for us! No pressure to do anything or nothing!!!

Tuesday: EPCOT in the am (I told you it was my favorite) to do whatever we want again! Then back for a napper in the afternoon
Tuesday evening: MK - Fastpasses are for M&G Cinderella & Rapunzel, M&G Anna & Elsa, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The plan is to stay and watch Wishes Nighttime Spectacular.

Wednesday: HS bright and early. Fastpasses are for Little Mermaid, TSMM and For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration (not sure what to expect for this) but we are crunched for time this morning because we have to leave for the airport by 12. Our flight leaves at 3pm.

We will be back home with our feet up by 6pm.

So, what do you all think?? Doable??

jjbuster2

Sounds nice and light and you've included plenty of nap time...totally doable with an 18 month old :)! A lot of schools in the southeast have already started back so crowds should definitely be down a bit. Wait, no swim time...you've got to make it out to the pool one day at least, lol!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Sounds nice and light and you've included plenty of nap time...totally doable with an 18 month old :)! A lot of schools in the southeast have already started back so crowds should definitely be down a bit. Wait, no swim time...you've got to make it out to the pool one day at least, lol!

IF (and that's a big IF) we get to the hotel early enough before check-in I plan to swim for like a 1/2 hour to an hour. Getting a baby ready for the pool is time consuming. lol So, it really depends on time.

jjbuster2

IF (and that's a big IF) we get to the hotel early enough before check-in I plan to swim for like a 1/2 hour to an hour. Getting a baby ready for the pool is time consuming. lol So, it really depends on time.
Ah yes, I remember those days of getting a baby ready for anything taking some effort. Well enjoy, sounds like it will be a great little trip!

Courtney6682

Sounds great! Can;t wait to see pics and hear how everything goes ...your up-coming trip reminds me of the first time I took my daughter. I had just turned 19 and she was 17 months...it was awesome!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom