1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressed by the Christmas offerings

Discussion in 'Sea World Orlando' started by NearTheEars, Dec 12, 2016.

1. NearTheEars

NearTheEars Well-Known Member

We recently got SeaWorld/Busch Gardens APs as a way to help fill the gaps during our Disney blackout dates. We aren't blacked out yet, but we have gone to SW that past two weekends to check out their Christmas shows and, wow, we were really impressed. And it's ALL included with admission.

The Christmas Town trail where you meet with Rudolph and Bumble was quite nice. There's several food booths, model train displays and live music acts throughout the night.

The "O Wondrous Night" show at the theater and the ice skating show on the lake were truly awesome, dare I say on par with many WDW shows/performers. The Shamu show was OK, just the typical jumps and splashes set to Christmas music, but the finale with a live singer was pretty cool.
    The lake also has its own small-scale light show. They have maybe 50 or more floating trees that light up in coordination with music. They are also used for the ice skating show. It's pretty neat sight.

They have Christmas themed Sealion and Elmo shows, but we did not attend.

We did splurge on one upcharge event, Santa's Fireside Feast. It was a full buffet Christmas dinner, plus several offerings for kids (or adults if you really wanted hot dogs, tenders and fries). With our AP discount it was $65 total with tax for the two of us. This included beer, wine deserts and the special hot chocolate they sell out in the park as well. We got a free photo print, which was taken in front of a backdrop as you entered and later delivered to your table. While you ate, there was a short show with Santa, Mrs. Claus and two elves. Once it was done, you were led up on stage, table by table for a photo op.

All in all, very well done.

IMG_6368.JPG IMG_6330.JPG IMG_6382.JPG

2. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

Yeah, they really do a great job and its included with admission.

NearTheEars likes this.
  3. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. We've done Sea World twice at Christmastime, and loved it. Lots of quality entertainment, and great decoration throughout the entire park.

4. NearTheEars

NearTheEars Well-Known Member Original Poster

Now, even though we have APs I don't think we'll visit nearly as much as we go to WDW, but we'll definitely go for the special events throughout the year like this Christmas offering.

And what's nice for a change is that SW seems like they actually care about boosting AP numbers with the amount of giveaways and discounts.

5. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Nice post. Im debating on getting a sea world ap for Christmas.

6. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

I went to SW for the first time ever last Friday and was just completely blown away by the entire experience. But, gosh, the Christmas entertainment was the icing on the cake. O Wondrous Night is amazing and the ice skating show was stellar. We did the sea lion show and I thought it was adorable, maybe even better than the Shamu show. Will definitely try and pop over again to see these offerings next week one last time.

7. Retroman40

Retroman40 Active Member

AP holder for SW/BG too and my whole family was pretty impressed with the whole nighttime Christmas thing last night. Sadly some weather around 8 ended the skating show a bit early but everything else was pretty good. The decorations are excellent throughout the park. Rudolph's Village was packed with people eating and drinking (the 10 samples for 35 seems like a good deal - the Epcot festival model perhaps?). As a bonus the three coasters were all walk-on's and especially the Mako is a great experience at night (if you've got the stomach for it).

NearTheEars and AJH219 like this.
  8. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I absolutely love SeaWorld at Christmas time! There's a lot to see, some good food and the festive addition to the shows are so fun!

9. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

Tip for everyone: Nighttime is when the park really shines for Christmas because many of the decorations are lights... and there's tons of them.

NearTheEars, AJH219 and brb1006 like this.
  10. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

Yes! Totally different experience in the dark

So true! I was shocked at how most everything literally comes to life once the sun sets

NearTheEars likes this.
  11. photoginit

photoginit Well-Known Member

SW right now has what I think overall one of the best Christmas events in Central Florida. And hands down probably the two best shows with O Wonderous Night(I am not religious but I love that show) and Winter Wonderland On Ice(the pairs couple this year are amazing). They really do a great job.

NearTheEars, AJH219 and Nemo14 like this.
  12. Ragerunner

Ragerunner Member

Our family really enjoys both Christmas events at Sea World and Busch Gardens. When you consider they are included in your admission/AP, I rank it as the best Christmas events in Florida.