Important Question From Cast Member

JungleCruiser24

Original Poster
I am new to the Magic Kingdom, I just got a job on the Jungle Cruise.... now I've been going over my hand-book and they are pretty set on "no visible tattoos" Now the lady that hired me asked me if I have any visible ones, I told her I do on my legs... So, after I got the job at jungle cruise, I realised... hmm what if their custome intails shorts! Now my instinct tells me that all they will do is make me wear long pants, but I am still worried that its going to be an issue... Anyone know if you have the choice to wear long pants working on the jungle cruise to cover up tattoos? Thanx for your help

Justin

JungleCruiser24

Original Poster
but they will let me wear long pants right? like they wont tell me that, the only option are shorts... so I cant work there right? like there is the option of long pants right?

darthjohnny

I think I've seen castmembers wear both shorts and pants. Sometimes it depends on the weather. If it is a big tatoo, you could get some concealing make up and put it on you legs.

maelstrom

If it is a big tatoo, you could get some concealing make up and put it on you legs.

I don't know if that'll work well on hairy man legs. :lol:

Long pants seem to be the winner here. If you think about it, the costume has to have a pants option. It gets pretty cold in Florida in the winter and not everyone can take that cold in shorts. I've seen CM's in Magic Kingdom peacoats.

disneydata

Pants are an option for the Jungle Cruise so you will be OK. Casting is usually good about making sure tattoos can't be seen.

FYI CM's aren't allowed to use bandages to cover tattoos. I know a few people who have tried :p

Plutoboy

You will actually be the one picking out the costume. When you go to the costuming building out in cast parking you go in and pick what you will wear that day. If you choose to wear pants...as long as it's offered as part of the JC costume....which they are... no one can say anything to you.

I used to be a charactere coordinator with a guy who had to wear a long sleeve crew neck shirt all the time because he had tats on his arms that were visible.....felt bad for him on those 95+ temp days.

Dasnowz

not in most roles. in a water location it risks washing off and in food and beverage its not allowed as it may get in food.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Wear long pants, problem solved. Summers will be terrible, but they'd be terrible in shorts too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom