Impending extended Nemo Subs refurb?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Just read on Disney Parks Blog via another forum that the Nemo subs will be going down in early January for the better part of next year. Thing is the post bringing up the article in the Disney Parks Blog pretty much said not to take it seriously. Not wanting to look like a total moron in a place/company I'm unfamiliar, just thought I'd ask here if anyone knew what was up. Definitely feel better looking like a moron in comfortable surroundings/company. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just read on Disney Parks Blog via another forum that the Nemo subs will be going down in early January for the better part of next year. Thing is the post bringing up the article in the Disney Parks Blog pretty much said not to take it seriously. Not wanting to look like a total moron in a place/company I'm unfamiliar, just thought I'd ask here if anyone knew what was up. Definitely feel better looking like a moron in comfortable surroundings/company. ;)

Speculation is running amuck with it... that it has to do with starwars... that it (like imagination) is an excuse to get it out of the operating budget, etc.

Nemo hasn't gone down for any extensive rehab since it reopened.. so it's due.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Speculation is running amuck with it... that it has to do with starwars... that it (like imagination) is an excuse to get it out of the operating budget, etc.

Nemo hasn't gone down for any extensive rehab since it reopened.. so it's due.
Thanks, Flynn. The timeline seems genuine for the subs to get a solid overhaul so I was wondering what could be so fishy. BTMRR will be finishing up its total overhaul, also a really long one. Long refurbs aren't out of the ordinary in CA. Now if they announced one for Imagination in FL I'd be more suspicious. LOL!

TP2000

This excuse on the Disney Parks Blog is a load of hooey. They are closing the ride and won't be reopening it, and they are trying to pass it off as a year-long "refurbishment" with a vague goal of repainting the coral in the lagoon.

Pure corporate BS from the Parks Blog lady on this one. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

Figments Friend

I love the subs, but I don't love this ride. The magic of the subs is viewing the underwater world, not fuzzy screens showing the Nemo DVD three feet away from your porthole. The best part of the ride is the short loop in the lagoon before entering the show building, then it's a great place to nap.

Agree.
It's the actual 'submarine experience' i like...pre Nemo-video screens.
I can see that at EPCOT...in my 'home' Park. Nothing really interesting once you enter the show building ( in both locations, come to think of it! )

Cruising the lagoon is cool.
Not at all a 'Finding Nemo' fan..so the overlay does nothing for me, but i love those Subs.

Damn i miss 20,000 Leagues in WDW....!
( hangs head in sorrow )

Cosmic Commando

Agree.
It's the actual 'submarine experience' i like...pre Nemo-video screens.
I can see that at EPCOT...in my 'home' Park. Nothing really interesting once you enter the show building ( in both locations, come to think of it! )

Cruising the lagoon is cool.
Not at all a 'Finding Nemo' fan..so the overlay does nothing for me, but i love those Subs.

Damn i miss 20,000 Leagues in WDW....!
( hangs head in sorrow )
Bah! Humbug! Now you're just being a sourpuss. :p

The Nemo ride in Epcot is a solid little dark ride. It has the angler fish, the EAC tunnel, the jellyfish room, the projections in the real tank at the end...

Figments Friend

Bah! Humbug! Now you're just being a sourpuss. :p

The Nemo ride in Epcot is a solid little dark ride. It has the angler fish, the EAC tunnel, the jellyfish room, the projections in the real tank at the end...

Heh heh..sorry, just not a fan of 'Nemo and his fishy friends'.
When the angler fish actually works, yeah, that is nice.....and the projections are cool...but...eh....the themed overlay just kind of turns me off.

sponono88

Nemo and friends are now promising that they will be back this Fall

i-hc3ndj4-M.png

i-fKr3ktF-M.png

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2014/02/oh-hello-thursday-remember-me-im.html

This is the lagoon in its current state with all the water already drained. Note how faded the coral is, probably one of the reasons they felt it was time to freshen things up

i-RfLQNQ8-M.png

Compare that to what it looked like prior to opening in 2007 -- not the best picture, but you can get a sense of how bright and colorful it used to be!

DSCF7039-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom