Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

FabulousFigment

Original Poster
Saw on another site that Imagineers filed a notice of commencement with Orange County to demo part of the Wonders of life pavilion yesterday. Hoping that this is possibly going to lead to an announcement of things to come for the sad little area. Maybe in time for the 30th?? A gal can hope, no?!:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not get my hopes up too much. About the most I could see them doing is gutting Body Wars or Cranium Command for use for special events.

wiigirl

I would not get my hopes up too much. About the most I could see them doing is gutting Body Wars or Cranium Command for use for special events.

That would stink if thats all that is happening... :(
75.gif

wdw71fan

yup.. Body Wars has been dormant since Star Tours 2.0 was completed.. The sims have been gutted and the remaining theming is gone.. The show buildings will be converted into theater and convention space..

A lot of people clamor for WOL to be used .. but they fail to realize, the building is used a *LOT*.. way more than Odyssey, that's for sure.. It's the 'center' for all festivals at Epcot.. while I mourn the loss of attractions, at least the space IS used..

but the way I look at it , we are still -4 or 5 on attractions in future world

PhilharMagician

Bingo.
Sorry folks...

I was thinking and hoping they were finally removing the theater's in the center to make more room for F & W in a few weeks.

It is really a shame that CC has been lost for good. It was a quirky show, but quite amusing and enjoyable.

FabulousFigment

Original Poster
Did you honestly think they were putting an attraction in there?

If anything good is coming to Epcot, you'll hear about it here well before a permit is filed with the county.
I didnt know what to think but was hoping that they would at least do something about the body again. With all the things there are to learn about the human body and health... I used to find it so much fun when I was little and didn't even realize I was learning. Oh well, like other posters said, at least it is being used!

FabulousFigment

Original Poster
I always found it interesting the Epcot is so empty and in need of some new items and at the same time has the most special event space. Correlation or coincidence?
My thoughts (which dont mean a whole lot) are that this park is without so many possible attractions that it holds special events to disract from that and to draw in more guests. I mean, I would go there either way, for the countries alone, however the festivals really do attract a lot of people.

JLipnick

Wasn't there a reason they shut the entire pavilion down rather than just closing one or two of the attractions (like structural or enviormental issues)? I mean, they had 6 main pavilions in FW and they are down 1/6th. that is significant even without the impact of TT being closed. there just is not a lot to do in FW even though i love what is there. so here's hoping they put something in its place and not just use the building for seasonal activities.

Florida_is_hot

Wasn't there a reason they shut the entire pavilion down rather than just closing one or two of the attractions (like structural or enviormental issues)? I mean, they had 6 main pavilions in FW and they are down 1/6th. that is significant even without the impact of TT being closed. there just is not a lot to do in FW even though i love what is there. so here's hoping they put something in its place and not just use the building for seasonal activities.

Yes the reason was they had no sponser

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom