Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

spacemt354

Chili's
@David2319

The "Next Host" Award
41TeKwOkG7L.jpg

A few days ago I offered the spot of host up to anyone who wanted to, and David responded right away! The next season will be hosted by David and I couldn't be more excited!

Like I was saying before, everyone should have the opportunity to host - it spices things up and makes each version unique and it doesn't become monotonous as a result.

Congrats on all of your wins and projects this year David - and everyone give a warm welcome to the new host of the One Sentence Competition!:happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
And with that, I will bid adieu to the Dundie Awards

I hope you all enjoyed that for what it was:p Just a different way to show you all some appreciation and recognize your accomplishments.

I also hope you enjoyed the last month or so of The One Sentence Competition:)

Tomorrow I'll give some feedback on the bonus challenges, and hopefully early this week I can get the final timeline finished :happy: Thanks again for a great season! It was a ton of fun:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes!! But now I have to live up to your standards which are high btw:)
Oh no you're too kind

You'll do great! Though this is how I approached it (if you want the "secret" recipe:p)

- Pick a Theme
Wanted this to be a lead in to the Twist in Time Competition, so time travel became the theme

- Select the Dates/Times
You want to set dates not only good for your prospective contestants, but also dates/times that you'll be good for as well as the host. Challenges lasting on average 72 hours (3 days) seemed like a good flow to provide enough time for everyone, and enough time between reviews.

- Design the Challenges
Didn't you come up with a ton of ideas for The House Cup? I think you should have no problem with this (and these will probably be even more interesting than mine! I guarantee that:D)

- Promote the Competition
Tag people, ask nicely, offer it up to people - basically make people aware of the competition and let them decide if they want to join (more often than not if you have a solid first 3, and the people have time, the answer will be a resounding yes! Especially in the One Sentence Comp since it's not as time consuming as other things on the forum.

- Put a ":)" On
As the host, people are taking time out of their schedules to participate in the competition. A competition is only as good as its players' contributions, so as a host its humbling and appreciating when people are so invested. Makes it all worth while! Therefore, let them know your appreciation!

- The reviews are the hardest part
Yep, that's pretty much it:p When you have 10-12 projects, it can be a lot at once, so just make sure you give yourself a solid hour or two to read them all. And you can use my old multiple awards trick:hilarious: that way the decision making process doesn't have to be as difficult.

- Have Fun!
Can't do this if you don't have fun - so just have fun!

You can also ask @tcool123 for any advice as well - he hosted the previous two episodes of the One Sentence Comp very well! :)

tcool123

Original Poster
Tag people, ask nicely, offer it up to people - basically make people aware of the competition and let them decide if they want to join (more often than not if you have a solid first 3, and the people have time, the answer will be a resounding yes! Especially in the One Sentence Comp since it's not as time consuming as other things on the forum.
Or you can hold them to gun point so they can say yes :cautious: just kidding don't do that :rolleyes: unless you really want to for some reason :cyclops:

Tony the Tigger

The next Dundie goes to @Tony the Tigger

The "I'm the Only One" Award
41TeKwOkG7L.jpg

Just like Tigger - you're the only one! Many times throughout the competition, you came up with the concept I was least expecting, and it always impressed me, whether it be the dog hotel in the last round, to the pre-historic Asteroid E-ticket that you came up with in the final round, it was always something interesting and unique and I'm glad you were able to participate - we really enjoyed your presence and hope you stick around!:D

Thank you! Finally got a gold woo hoo! Sorry I missed a round (or was it two? Ack.) Definitely sticking around - I thought of my bonus round on the drive up to WDW today (before the car broke down lol)

Daveeeeed

Oh no you're too kind

You'll do great! Though this is how I approached it (if you want the "secret" recipe:p)

- Pick a Theme
Wanted this to be a lead in to the Twist in Time Competition, so time travel became the theme

- Select the Dates/Times
You want to set dates not only good for your prospective contestants, but also dates/times that you'll be good for as well as the host. Challenges lasting on average 72 hours (3 days) seemed like a good flow to provide enough time for everyone, and enough time between reviews.

- Design the Challenges
Didn't you come up with a ton of ideas for The House Cup? I think you should have no problem with this (and these will probably be even more interesting than mine! I guarantee that:D)

- Put a ":)" On
As the host, people are taking time out of their schedules to participate in the competition. A competition is only as good as its players' contributions, so as a host its humbling and appreciating when people are so invested. Makes it all worth while! Therefore, let them know your appreciation!

- The reviews are the hardest part
Yep, that's pretty much it:p When you have 10-12 projects, it can be a lot at once, so just make sure you give yourself a solid hour or two to read them all. And you can use my old multiple awards trick:hilarious: that way the decision making process doesn't have to be as difficult.

- Have Fun!
Can't do this if you don't have fun - so just have fun!

You can also ask @tcool123 for any advice as well - he hosted the previous two episodes of the One Sentence Comp very well! :)
Thank you so much for this rubric. It's going to help a lot!
It's going to be in this thread right?
@tcool123

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you so much for this rubric. It's going to help a lot!
It's going to be in this thread right?
@tcool123
You got it! Anytime:)

And yes it will go in this thread - we wanted to try something new and have "Season 2" spread throughout the whole year of 2016. So there would be 4 "Episodes" in the calendar year, all on the same thread of "Season 2"

Episode 1 was Feb/March
Episode 2 was May/June
Episode 3 (this one) was August/September
Episode 4 (yours!) will be whenever you want this fall:bookworm:

Then on Jan 1 2017, we will create a new thread "One Sentence Contest Season 3" which will run throughout 2017!

spacemt354

Chili's
Bonus - Curse of the Lost Civilization
full

This season we have designed a hotel, enhanced a water park, redesigned a restaurant, and added new features to each of the theme parks and all that’s left is Disney Springs which is where Curse of the Lost Civilization will be station (replacing the outdated Disney Quest)to give guests the first truly immersive, interactive experience in Disney’s history.

The time is currently in the early 1930’s, guests enter into this self-contained facility in groups where they are led into one of three rooms where they are shown (using a projector and cast member exposition) the story of Lucy Venture, a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, who has discovered this lost civilization, but who has also disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and it is your task not only to find Venture but also solve the mystery of what happened to the lost civilization before history is doomed to repeat itself by completing six quests (each increasing harder than the last).

After this introduction, a secret panel opens up into Base Camp Alpha where you receive a map to navigate six floors of towering ancient walls, secret passage ways, confusing mazes in your search to decode ancient languages, find forbidden treasure, and break the curse, but be warned: you will need all of your cunning to decipher this tale.

Through notes left behind Venture and her colleagues, guests will comb through the Well of Wisdom, the Cavern of Curiosity, the Maze of Perseverance, the Chamber of Creativity, the Valley of Risk, and the Temple of Knowledge to find the clues left behind by the lost people, but make sure to leave no stone unturned for every symbol etched into the wall, every journal entry, every marking, and even the stars above means something even if it’s not immediately recognizable.

This experience will be the pinnacle of Disney detail that guests have come to expect from the Disney brand, combining great characters into a multi-layered story that will keep guests coming back for years to keep solving these challenges because unlike other Disney experiences, the higher the quest number, the more complex the reasoning and problem solving needed to complete the riddles, physical sequences, and puzzles; and the prize-not only finding Venture and breaking the curse, but an honorary membership into the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
Ok for the full review --

I really like how you took everything we did in the Contest, and based your prompt off of that lineup so you'd have something different - very well done!

And I love the S.E.A. mythology! Lucy Venture - really good name and backstory as a whole.

Base Camp Alpha reminds me of Sea Base Alpha (in a good way) - nice representation threre. Overall all of your scenes going through the caverns and mazes, it's all spectacular. This might be my favorite proposal from you Figment this entire contest!

Actually, if you're willing, I would love to see this fleshed out into a full description attraction - it'd be worth it (maybe something to work on during the break!:D) Post it here! Great job once more!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Bonus (2021+) - Festivals and Concerts

DSC06452.JPG

In the quest to bring more people to Disney Springs, Disney has decided to move the Flower and Garden Festival along with the Food and Wine Festival to Disney Springs.
With the storyline for both festivals that the people of Disney Springs have been inspired, and are putting up a festival celebrating their culture and heritage.
DisneyQuest will be bulldozed, and in its place a large concert venue similar to the one that Universal has built.
Throughout the year Disney will offer guests opportunities to see concerts for free; some of these opportunists may be on holidays or on weekends during the festivals.
When the venue is not going to be used or prepped for a concert, a large screen is put up, and every Friday night a Disney movie will play for free!
And for your full review --

Hmm.. this actually might work, I wonder what the cost benefit of removing the festivals from a paid admission theme park to Disney Springs would do to the bottom line. More people would visit Disney Springs, but would more now buy stuff since admission was free? Hmm...questions. But this is an interesting proposal! I like the concert festivals and the notion of it going to Disney Springs, something I didn't even think of...nice job!!

FigmentPigments

Ok for the full review --

I really like how you took everything we did in the Contest, and based your prompt off of that lineup so you'd have something different - very well done!

And I love the S.E.A. mythology! Lucy Venture - really good name and backstory as a whole.

Base Camp Alpha reminds me of Sea Base Alpha (in a good way) - nice representation threre. Overall all of your scenes going through the caverns and mazes, it's all spectacular. This might be my favorite proposal from you Figment this entire contest!

Actually, if you're willing, I would love to see this fleshed out into a full description attraction - it'd be worth it (maybe something to work on during the break!:D) Post it here! Great job once more!:)
Thanks! :happy: It's something I would love to actually see at Disney, and I would love to work on it some more. When you have time (because I know you're super busy) would you mind if I bounced a couple of ideas off of you?

You know, I couldn't figure out why Base Camp Alpha sounded so familiar. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom