Imagineering type projects at home

wormwood

Original Poster
Has anyone done any Imagineering type projects at home? Have you built any gadgets, attractions, things that make your friends think that you are nuts? I have a few projects that I have done, and was wondering if anyone else has built anything cool.

wormwood

Original Poster
There has got to be somebody who has used a little of their Imagineering dreams on part of their own house, if you have one. I mean it is really cool to dream about designing your own park, believe me I do it all the time, but with a little sweat and imagination (which most of you seem to have a lot of) you could bring a little of that home – literally. I have done a bunch of things to my own house, and would be really interested in sharing ideas with some other people. I have a bunch of pictures, but it appears that I can’t post them on this site yet.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by wormwood
I have done a bunch of things to my own house, and would be really interested in sharing ideas with some other people. I have a bunch of pictures, but it appears that I can’t post them on this site yet.

Well, you can do it on the Chit Chat forum. I posted there with pictures because I needed to show my fellow theme park designers on the idea thread. Why don't you that and give us a link to it?:)

pyschotropic

I can say I definitely share your enthusiasm for Imagineering projects at home, I remeber reading an article about someone in England who created a 15 ft version of Jurassic Park the ride in their yard it even had a photo which was pretty impressive. It's funny that you mention backyard Imagineering because I myself have wanted to create a 35-40ft version of the Tower of Terror for my own backyard, however If I could recieve feedback and ideas from everybody who posts here on how to make this as close and as feasible to the real thing as much as possible I would definitely consider building this thing and keeping everyone posted on the construction. I have some experience and knowledge of design and engineering, but if everyone on these boards could share ideas on how to make this work I would definitely consider building it!

wormwood

Original Poster
http://www.geocities.com/jurassicparkengland/index.htm http://monorails.org/tMspages/Niles.html
While both of these are really cool, and I would love to try something big like these, I was actually thinking a little smaller to start. A few projects that I have already done are a mouse hole in my wall, a display for my wife’s Seven Dwarfs big figs, and a few others. I hope to get some pictures up soon, but my time has been taken up preparing for my next trip to WDW…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom