Imagineer of the Week!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
So, while comps and presentations abound, it's not all there is to Imagineering, I think we can agree!

shall-we-play-a-game-o.gif

This thread will be a place where you get to play hide and go seek...with KNOWLEDGE!

It's a game, not a comp. No sign ups, no judges (except all of us), and no sanctioning (meaning, you don't earn ICS points, this is just for fun!)

Anyone and everyone is free to play along.

So, what is this game?

I am going to start by naming a real world Imagineer. This will be the Imagineer of the Week.

YOUR job, players, is to research everything you can about the Imagineer of the Week, and find something unique from them or about them.

You get ONE submission post, and for it, you MUST put "Submission - (insert imagineer name)" as the first line.

From that point forward, you can link whatever you found that was interesting. It MUST be linked. Not hearsay. So, for example, it could be a youtube interview that was interesting and unique, or it could be a project that they worked on and their contribution to it.

Reputable blogs (like longforgotten or doombuggies) may be considered sources for this, but random forum posts may not. You MUST include the source in your post.

Your final post may also include a max 5 sentence (or so) paragraph summing up why you found this so unique and interesting.

Votes will be counted as "likes". Meaning, don't like every Submission post you see! What you like, counts as a vote!

THAT SAID, if you submit, before Sunday Evenings at 9p Eastern, you MUST have liked at least ONE post to be eligible to host the following week.

New Hosts should post their Imagineer of the Week challenge before Midnight Sunday, if possible.

At the end of the week (which, for this week, we'll say Sunday, just cause I'm starting late), the person with the most likes on their submission takes over the thread as the host, and gets to pick the new Imagineer of the Week and IS ALLOWED to make minor changes to the week's challenge...with ONE RULE in mind.

Short posts, quick challenges, accessible to all (so, no massively creative challenges that require multiple creative disciplines...)

An example of a future challenge could be:

"The Imagineer of the Week is Marty Sklar! Your challenge is to write a Haiku about Marty Sklar! Best Haiku with the most likes becomes host next week!"

That sort of thing.

So, to get started, I'm going to do this weeks Imagineer of the Week!

And I'm going to start with the biggest and best one of all.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Imagineer of the Week is...Walt Disney!

Your challenge is to find the most unique interview, on youtube or print, that you can. We've all seen the famous EPCOT speech, or the opening ceremony at Disneyland...no...you need to dig deeper. Find those rare and unique interviews and off the cuff responses the man was so famous for.

Good luck!

(edit - general discussion is allowed in the thread, that's why Submission needs to be the first line of the Submission posts, to set it apart from general discussion)

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Submission - Walt Disney

This is unique because Walt was extremely ill during this video. It was his last time on tape. But, he was still...Uncle Walt.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
And that, btw, is awesome, because it's rare there's some piece of Disney Media I haven't seen/heard (though there are those who are far more exposed than I, but still...)

And, I've NEVER seen this. I know where the next half hour of my life is going!

But, you no get my likey...not yet anyhow...lets see what others have to say!

Steel City Magic

My WALT DISNEY Submission
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/news/a35104/walt-disney-epcot-history-city-of-tomorrow/

EDIT: a second film

Everyone knows this already, but to this day I find it most interesting and what made him the visionary that he is. not only did he create a theme park and cinema conglomerate, he had so many other ideas and plans that never quite came to fruition. The fact that most of Disney World was really meant to be Disney's E.P.C.O.T. with a small theme park located at the top of the 43 square mile patch just blows my mind. I always wonder what his plans were AFTER E.P.C.O.T.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Just a Reminder - This week's IotW closes tomorrow. Submit before tomorrow at 9p Eastern, and vote before 10p to see who takes over for next week! (and hopefully next week's Imagineer/Challenge is announced! Though, that will be up to the new host!)

RMichael21

Ok, we have a new thread host, but it's a tie!

So, I'll pull my Trump card (plated in gold and with bad hair and all)

@RMichael21 had 2 votes, but he's hosted before, so @Steel City Magic , the thread is yours!

(Plus, I'm a Steelers fan, so the Steel City reference helped me lean that way)

Pick a new Imagineer and come up with a challenge!

Congrats!
I haven't hosted before... :confused:

Steel City Magic

Sorry, it's been a crazy week. Anyways, I chose this weeks Imagineer as Marc Davis. I think I'd like to keep with the theme of a new or interesting interview or some unknown piece of trivia. Maybe some secrets or influence in other rides? Once again dig deep. (Thunder mesa is just a given at this point) and have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom