Imagine if there were no iPhones or iPads inside Disney attractions

Figments Friend

I've decided to fight back against screen use on dark rides and nighttime presentations in the Parks.

Next time I have to deal with a bunch of phone and iPad screens in the dark, I'm pulling out my 1970s 'brick' cellular phone and tossing it towards the offending screen blocking the view.
That thing weighs about fifty pounds and is pretty much indestructible.

Has really crappy reception, though....probably needs a slight upgrade....

:D

-

Chef Mickey

If the patent technology can disable any part of the phone in its proximity then it can easily kill all the light sources, including the backlight in screens.
I'd be in favor of banning all devices on rides. Not only can they be dropped, affecting the ride/track, they can be a potentially dangerous item on a thrill ride like Everest. Imagine a phone hitting a track and another train rolling over it? Or hitting a guest?

They are also incredibly annoying/distraction in shows and on dark rides.

Phones/tablets need to be stowed away in bags.

harryk

If WDW does not enforce the ban on selfie's, what makes you think that they would enforce a requirement that Phones/tablets be stowed in bags - and kept there on thrill rides and dark rides?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

If WDW does not enforce the ban on selfie's, what makes you think that they would enforce a requirement that Phones/tablets be stowed in bags - and kept there on thrill rides and dark rides?
Did they ban seflies themselves? I thought they just banned those ridiculous sticks. Actually in May when I was at Guest Relations activating our Annual Passes for this year there was this kid in front of me that was getting his stick back and was excited about it so I asked the CM what that was all about and she said "He was getting his selfie stick back because it had been confiscated" and I said "YES!" LOL! So I do know of at least ONE time they've actually enforced that rule. But I hadn't heard they banned people from taking pics of themselves. I will be back down there Thursday and can actually ask a CM for confirmation on this.

harryk

Did they ban seflies themselves? I thought they just banned those ridiculous sticks. Actually in May when I was at Guest Relations activating our Annual Passes for this year there was this kid in front of me that was getting his stick back and was excited about it so I asked the CM what that was all about and she said "He was getting his selfie stick back because it had been confiscated" and I said "YES!" LOL! So I do know of at least ONE time they've actually enforced that rule. But I hadn't heard they banned people from taking pics of themselves. I will be back down there Thursday and can actually ask a CM for confirmation on this.
No - they just banned the selfie sticks, and I was there last Dec and they were in use in vast quantities and my associate in the office just got back last week (Aug 23, 2016) and they were still in use. That is why I question enforcement.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

No - they just banned the selfie sticks, and I was there last Dec and they were in use in vast quantities and my associate in the office just got back last week (Aug 23, 2016) and they were still in use. That is why I question enforcement.
I'm not surprised. I'd say about the only way to lose it would be to get caught by a mgmt CM or something. I wonder if they could just let security enforce it at the gate where if they see one in a person's bag they make them turn it over to GR before admitting them entrance? I'm not sure how hard they would be to hide.

sm57co

What would those of us do that rely on youtube to help us get our "Disney fix" when we're not there!;)
Yea, very good point. I do watch a ton of Disney YouTube videos so you can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess. Just a matter of trying to find the balance of capturing the images while still being respectful of the guests around you.

Chef Mickey

The track is made of tubes. A phone landing perfectly balanced would be quite the feat.
I realize that, but you know what I'm saying. Anything foreign on the track or even jammed up under the wheels after a perfectly placed drop, fall from above, or any other crazy what if scenario could make them start questioning people "holding" anything on the ride.

eddy21

Yea, very good point. I do watch a ton of Disney YouTube videos so you can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess. Just a matter of trying to find the balance of capturing the images while still being respectful of the guests around you.
But how many different perspectives do we need from these Cecil B wannabes?

Yert3

I've seen more than a couple of people with selfie sticks busted by cast members and they were confiscated. So yes, they do enforce it.

"This just in- suddenly large groups of people are handing in their iPhones in favor of the Android. The only other thing that they have in common is that they all frequent Disney World... what could the correlation be?"

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
"This just in- suddenly large groups of people are handing in their iPhones in favor of the Android. The only other thing that they have in common is that they all frequent Disney World... what could the correlation be?"
Large groups of people are wanting phones that catch fire ???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom