I'm trying this into for the second time.

betty rose

Original Poster
I'm not especially new on here; I'm not an old poster on here...but I am old.;) I came here looking for a nice, friendly, bunch of people...and I have found it in spades. Thank you all for making me feel sooooo welcome. Now, a little about myself...born in southern Ind. lived on a farm, and had my animal friends. My grandpa had lots of land, and gave parcels, to all the boy's married into the family. They each got 40 acres. Nice grandpa. Grandma had 5 girls, and one boy that died at 37 of a brain tumor. Anyway I remember going in the garden, and picking tomato's and eating them, my cousin (next farm over) came and ate radish's his favorite. To this day I love all vegetables, except eggplant. We sold the farm animals and some to Aunt Mary, when my uncle died, and grandpa could no longer farm. Our farm came complete with an outhouse, a running spring for water. I have to say those were the best of times. And so simple. Moved into "town", lived right behind a two story funeral home....creepy...could tell some good old fashioned tales, of ghosts, and hauntings. The funeral home was built in the late 1800's and so was our home. We moved a lot in the same town, as my dad was good with his hands, and could take a beat up old house, redo it, and he always seemed to make money. Went through school, loved art music and psychology. Spent a couple years at University, and got married. We have one daughter. Moved a lot more with my husband's job. I became an at home mom after daughter was born. I now live in Colorado, and she and her husband are also here too. Along with the grandboy's. We spend all vacations, at Disney as we are a 4th generation Disney lover.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Howdy, Betty! :)
Love your story, thanks for sharing!
I'm a little familiar with farm life, as both my parents were raised on them down here in South-central Texas. Had so much fun visiting my grandparents farms, and sooo many good memories!
Again, thanks for sharing...! :)

betty rose

Original Poster
Howdy, Betty! :)
Love your story, thanks for sharing!
I'm a little familiar with farm life, as both my parents were raised on them down here in South-central Texas. Had so much fun visiting my grandparents farms, and sooo many good memories!
Again, thanks for sharing...! :)
You are welcome. I loved the farm, the only drawback...outhouse.....

rsoxguy

Welcome to the forum. I myself avoid vegetables at every turn, but I do happen to know that green peppers make a popping noise if you stomp on them with your foot.

The Red Sox are currently in need of starting pitchers who can identify and overcome the strike zone, in case you were wondering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom