I'm thankful for..

Nemo14

Original Poster
With Thanksgiving so near on the horizon, I thought it would be fitting to take a moment to think about all we have to be thankful for. Here's my list:

God's grace that has brought me and my family through a difficult year

My husband who puts up with so much from me and still loves me

My son and daughter and their spouses who continually amaze me that they've turned into fairly normal adults despite their gene pool

My friends and family in real life who make me smile a lot.

My WDW Magic friends, who may be difficult to explain to outsiders, but who share a special bond. I love you guys!

All the men and women in our military who voluntarily put their lives on the line for us

My 2 crazy cats,Thelma and Louise, who think that if they hide in my suitcase often enough I'll agree to take them to FL this winter

oh, and dark chocolate and Moe's queso

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm thankful that at my age I was able to take my latest trip (what everyone calls the trip of a lifetime) and still have money left to pay the rent and buy food. Overall, I have been extremely lucky all though my life. Even the stuff that either seemed bad at the time or didn't have a happy ending, were all part of a life that gave me so many things, especially my children and my grandchildren. I sometimes feel that I really haven't deserved this good life. My problems are mostly what my daughter calls "rich people problems". Not rich, but I certainly am surrounded by riches.:)

BuddyThomas

I'm thankful that I have a job.

I'm thankful that I'm healthy, or seem to be.

I'm thankful that I have not been blown up yet by ISIS

I'm thankful that I have a wonderful partner, even though he won't marry me, because Suze Orman says that he will inherit all my debt (and there is a lot of it) if I croak. (I don't blame him!)

I'm thankful that I will not be in the Magic Kingdom this Thanksgiving (I can't take those crowds)

I'm thankful for turkey and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and the works, and I am thankful for the fact that we can afford (barely) to have it all.

I'm thankful that I didn't use "I" too much in this post.....Oh, wait.....sorry.........

I'm thankful for pets.

I'm thankful for good hair days.

I'm thankful that the most amazing pizza in the world is 20 minutes away from my home. (Salvatore's Coal Fired Pizza - unreal!!!
)
I'm thankful for books, movies, tv, concerts, live theatre.

I'm thankful for wine.

I'm thankful for a good pair of jeans. They are so rare.Same applies to socks.

I'm thankful for bubble wrap. Pop!!

I'm thankful for a perfectly made cocktail...or, let's face it, any cocktail. Actually, it doesn't even need to be well made. I'm thankful for it anyway.

I'm thankful for any job bonus that might get me to WDW again.

And I'm definitely thankful for all you awesome people on here. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Thanksgiving.jpg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm thankful that I have a job.

I'm thankful that I'm healthy, or seem to be.

I'm thankful that I have not been blown up yet by ISIS

I'm thankful that I have a wonderful partner, even though he won't marry me, because Suze Orman says that he will inherit all my debt (and there is a lot of it) if I croak. (I don't blame him!)

I'm thankful that I will not be in the Magic Kingdom this Thanksgiving (I can't take those crowds)

I'm thankful for turkey and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and the works, and I am thankful for the fact that we can afford (barely) to have it all.

I'm thankful that I didn't use "I" too much in this post.....Oh, wait.....sorry.........

I'm thankful for pets.

I'm thankful for good hair days.

I'm thankful that the most amazing pizza in the world is 20 minutes away from my home. (Salvatore's Coal Fired Pizza - unreal!!!
)
I'm thankful for books, movies, tv, concerts, live theatre.

I'm thankful for wine.

I'm thankful for a good pair of jeans. They are so rare.Same applies to socks.

I'm thankful for bubble wrap. Pop!!

I'm thankful for a perfectly made cocktail...or, let's face it, any cocktail. Actually, it doesn't even need to be well made. I'm thankful for it anyway.

I'm thankful for any job bonus that might get me to WDW again.

And I'm definitely thankful for all you awesome people on here. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
View attachment 120569

And I'm thankful you're a member here, who always brings a smile to my face! :happy:

And I'm thankful for all the good people and good experiences I've had in my life.

And I'm also thankful for some of the sadder experiences; because without those as a reminder of how things can sometimes spiral downward in life, I might not appreciate the better experiences as much.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

prberk

Thanks, @Nemo14 , for starting this thread for 2015.

This Thanksgiving I will be giving thanks to the Lord for many things, but I also know that I take many things for granted, and for that I also ask forgiveness. And I guess that leads to the first thing that you mentioned, Nemo: grace. I am thankful that He looks beyond my selfishness and my forgetfulness and provides for me nonetheless, including the lessons that I need to "re-learn" from time to time.

I am also thankful for:

• My life and health
  • My family and friends
  • WDW Magic and especially Steve (@wdwmagic ). He did not even need to make this site, and especially he doesn't need to make it free so that everyone can contribute to the discussion. (FYI, if you are not a "premium member," I suggest you consider it; it is a minimal investment for what we get.) Also special friends here.
  • My church
  • WSM, my favorite radio station, which is still live 24 hours a day, not computer-tracked like everyone else.
  • Freedom (and those who paid for it)
  • Bluetooth in the car, which opens up whole new worlds of music and allows me to listen to WSM in the car, even though I am 600 miles from Nashville.
  • My mother's health, which has been a struggle this year.
  • The kindness of friends.
  • Walt Disney World, which despite the issues I have with it today, inspired me over time and brought us all to find this site and each other.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I saw this post over the weekend and I needed to mull it over. This year has been kind of icky. My husband's employer moved us to London for 3-5 years last December, but then there was a reorganization a few months into the year and my husband's position was eliminated. We moved back here in July, which was stressful in itself. But my husband's old job was gone and he's been unemployed since then (despite actively seeking employment). So, I decided this was an excellent opportunity to focus on the good things in my life amid all the noise.

I am grateful for the house we live in
We have healthy and plentiful meals everyday
I got to live in London! :)
My son is doing well in school
I made some very precious memories this year, which I will always hold dear
I have my health and an able body
My small, but close knit group of friends

Thanks for this opportunity for me to reflect on the good things in my life when I have been so upset about the less-than-ideal ones. :)

Freshee61

I am thankful for my husband, our daughters, Our new carS and My new job. Also, Thankful for my mom and My aunt for their unconditional love, support and help through the years. And I am very thankful for the beach and for wdw.
And to the man himself who gave me all this. I'm thankful for God for being in my life.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom