Trip Report I'm Tagging Along ~ LIVE! *COMPLETED*

Almost everybody has one ~ a friend or relative who doesn't think twice about inviting his/her self along with whatever you have planned.

I never thought I'd be that person.

Fortunately, I have a very understanding family who is actually excited about my joining them at WDW. < Phew! >

It's been a year since my last live trip report, so I hope I can do @JenniferS and her fans proud!

The Who's ~
Me, @Tuvalu

image.jpeg

My parents
image.png

My youngest brother T and his wife E
image.png

And then something my trip reports have been missing....

Adorable children!

A is 5
image.jpeg

M is 4
image.jpeg

and L is almost 2
image.jpeg

Come along for tag-a-long fun!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was supposed to meet the kiddies for a ride on Peter Pan, but I had to send a text cancellation to my brother when our lunch was taking so long. :(

As I made my way down Main Street, the Move It! Parade was returning to the hub.
image.jpeg

Minnie is saying goodbye to me!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, MK. Yes you will. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I jumped on the express monorail to the TTC and then walked across the platform to the Epcot monorail.

Here comes my ride.
image.jpeg

I sat in a car with a young couple with six children in matching Mickey shirts. The children were 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 6 months (mom was wearing the baby.) They were touring the parks by themselves, no friends or family along.

I didn't know whether to admire them or call them crazy.

I had only one stop in Epcot to make.
image.jpeg

Three visits to Epcot enables a Passholder to get a free F&W glass. Had it not monsooned on Monday night, I would have had my three visits done without having to make this special trip.

image.jpeg

I got my glass. You'll have to wait to see the pic because it is protectively wrapped.

DimpledDevil18

I sat in a car with a young couple with six children in matching Mickey shirts. The children were 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 6 months (mom was wearing the baby.) They were touring the parks by themselves, no friends or family along.

Wow... That sounds insane to do with just two adults and 6 kids, 6 and under. My Mom and Dad took my brother and I for the first time when I was 3 and my brother was about a year old and she claims it was a huge mistake, In fact, we purposely did not return until my younger sister was at least 4. Between me being newly potty trained and my brother still in diapers it was rough and there were only 2 parks back then!

So sad to be seeing you leave... I hope you have another trip planned soon. Glad you got your Food and Wine glass. I saw pics of it on a vlog on youtube. It looks really nice!

Tony the Tigger

I jumped on the express monorail to the TTC and then walked across the platform to the Epcot monorail.

Here comes my ride.
View attachment 164776

I had only one stop in Epcot to make.
View attachment 164777

Three visits to Epcot enables a Passholder to get a free F&W glass. Had it not monsooned on Monday night, I would have had my three visits done without having to make this special trip.

View attachment 164778

I got my glass. You'll have to wait to see the pic because it is protectively wrapped.

I totally forgot about this.

Skipper Canteen takes TiW now. I hope you tried to use it?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...ial-merchandise-discounts-for-a-limited-time/

(I hope it's ok to post that here.)

"Wait til you taste the balls." How did I not meet your mother?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had about a half hour to kill (or so I thought!) before my Tragical Express bus. I used my handle-free mug to get a beverage in the food court and charged my phone.

My phone has caused me nothing but stress this week. Between weak or non-existent signal, constant "storage full" notifications despite deleting things off the phone, lost texts and suddenly freezing up for no apparent reason ~ it made live trip reporting a challenge.

I must get a new phone. Woody and Em have been urging me to do so for awhile. As Rafiki says, "It is time."

I walked out to the DME pick up area right on time. And waited. And waited. And waited. For over 20 minutes.

The driver must be new. Cause when the bus arrived, he totally missed the turn for the DME pick up.

image.jpeg

Bye bye bus

A few minutes later he corrected his mistake.
image.jpeg

But it wasn't his first mistake. He made a wrong turn after exiting POP so instead of heading for the airport we drove in a big circle, ending up at the exact intersection where he made the wrong turn! :banghead:

TSA was a nightmare. While I always get pre-check in Atlanta, I never get it in Orlando.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had about a half hour to kill (or so I thought!) before my Tragical Express bus. I used my handle-free mug to get a beverage in the food court and charged my phone.

My phone has caused me nothing but stress this week. Between weak or non-existent signal, constant "storage full" notifications despite deleting things off the phone, lost texts and suddenly freezing up for no apparent reason ~ it made live trip reporting a challenge.

I must get a new phone. Woody and Em have been urging me to do so for awhile. As Rafiki says, "It is time."

I walked out to the DME pick up area right on time. And waited. And waited. And waited. For over 20 minutes.

The driver must be new. Cause when the bus arrived, he totally missed the turn for the DME pick up.

View attachment 164812
Bye bye bus

View attachment 164814

But it wasn't his first mistake. He made a wrong turn after exiting POP so instead of heading for the airport we drove in a big circle, ending up at the exact intersection where he made the wrong turn! :banghead:

TSA was a nightmare. While I always get pre-check in Atlanta, I never get it in Orlando.

Last week we had a new DME bus driver with a trainer for our Tradical. Longest pick up cycle. Pulling into MCO was intimidating and watching him back out and almost take out another incoming DME, yikes!

Our bonus was we were all pre-checked for TSA unlike our departure from Chicago. There I one-up'd Em's streak. I was RANDOMLY selected departing Chicago for TSA additional screening. :rolleyes: The kick off for our trip. :joyfull:

Welcome home.

Scoppin

View attachment 164812
Bye bye bus

View attachment 164814

Don't think it was your phone. I had issues several times trying to check wait times, get FPs, modify dinner plans.... and I just ģot a new phone.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Time to see some of those animals that M loves!

View attachment 164475

My little buddy M sat huddled next to me the entire safari....therefore I have zero pictures. But you all know what lives on Kilimanjaro. And I had much more fun being "in the moment" with my precious niece.

But I will let M tell you what we saw (think high pitched excitable 4 year old voice) ~
Simba
Nala
Pumba
Baby ellyphont
Flamingos!!
Doggies
Zebras
Hippos
Funny birds (ostrich)
Cheetahs, my favorite of ALL the animals!!

It was the best safari ride I've had in a long time.

"Doggies"! :hilarious:

Figment Forever

What an awesome report! Your family is so adorable! We returned home last night and I am trying to get through Disney Depression by catching up on TR reading and had to start with yours. So sad our paths did not cross, even though it seems like we were in the same places at times. :( I give you credit doing a live TR - I could barely keep up with sending pics to grandma & pop-pop and updating FB.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What an awesome report! Your family is so adorable! We returned home last night and I am trying to get through Disney Depression by catching up on TR reading and had to start with yours. So sad our paths did not cross, even though it seems like we were in the same places at times. :( I give you credit doing a live TR - I could barely keep up with sending pics to grandma & pop-pop and updating FB.
You are so kind :inlove:. I was very sad not to run into you, Ross, Julia and Hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom