Trip Report I'm Tagging Along ~ LIVE! *COMPLETED*

Almost everybody has one ~ a friend or relative who doesn't think twice about inviting his/her self along with whatever you have planned.

I never thought I'd be that person.

Fortunately, I have a very understanding family who is actually excited about my joining them at WDW. < Phew! >

It's been a year since my last live trip report, so I hope I can do @JenniferS and her fans proud!

The Who's ~
Me, @Tuvalu

image.jpeg

My parents
image.png

My youngest brother T and his wife E
image.png

And then something my trip reports have been missing....

Adorable children!

A is 5
image.jpeg

M is 4
image.jpeg

and L is almost 2
image.jpeg

Come along for tag-a-long fun!!

Figgy1

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Fortunately T and A made it before the FP window ended. I won't tell you why they were so late...don't want to humiliate a 6 year old.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mom and A had a great ride in the first car. No on-ride photo as mom is not linked to our Photopass account. (Don't ask.)

A got to ride a second time with his mama. This time in the last car!
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I dined at Skipper Canteen the first week it opened last December. While Em, Woody and I enjoyed the theming and our skipper/server, the food was not prepared exactly as stated on the menu. And the fact that the restaurant had stopped accepting Tables in Wonderland 3 days after opening irked me.

But I was fine with giving it another try.

I liked the napkin placement.
image.jpeg

Here's something you don't see very often at Disney restaurants anymore....a real leather-esque covered menu.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I sat in the Mess Hall last visit. Today we were seated in the highly-sought SEA room. But not at the Butterfly table.

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our skipper/server was pleasant and helpful, but didn't do much Jungle Cruise schtick. I don't know if the restaurant has toned it down (which would be a shame) or if our skipper thought my parents wouldn't play along.

It is another brutally hot day so we all ordered the specialty drinks.

Dad had the Punchline Punch (it tasted just like POG juice)
image.jpeg

Mom and I had the Schweitzer Slush
image.jpeg

Mom was confused as to why our straws were so thick. I explained so one could drink the "Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls."

She took a big sip and said to me, "Wait til you taste the balls!" :jawdrop: :hilarious: :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our server brought us bread but dad ripped right into it before I could take a picture. I remember not caring for the honey-esque dipping sauce and our skipper offered to bring me butter....which made the bread taste a whole lot better!

I was tempted to order the "A Lot At Steak" salad again, since I really liked the Asian dressing. But our skipper warned me the dressing has been changed to a mint vinaigrette, heavy on the mint. :depressed: Woody had enjoyed the Char Siu Pork (I tasted it too) so I went with that.

image.jpeg

This pork was AWFUL!!!! In December, it was thinly sliced pork tenderloin. Now it is fatty pork shoulder. I put one bite in my mouth and it was so tough and chewy I could hardly swallow it. I have never sent a meal back before. But I did today.

Our server apologized and said he no longer likes the dish either. He offered to bring me something else. I asked for the chicken.

image.jpeg

It did indeed "Taste Like Chicken." But if you don't like cilantro, don't order this dish. I like cilantro so the taste didn't bother me. But it was a deep fried bone-in breast and I prefer my chicken boneless.

Mom had the "Head On Shrimp" minus the heads. She said it had too much pepper....which says a lot since my mom puts pepper on everything.
image.jpeg

Dad, however, loved his lamb chops. It is a luxury he has not eaten in years.
image.jpeg

Remember our 2 hour lunch on Wednesday? This one was approaching the 1 1/2 hour mark. I was under a time crunch and had to leave before my parents got their dessert. I said my goodbyes to them and will see them at home tomorrow when I pick up my purchases they are bringing home for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom