I'm surprised you only get to see four princesses.

The Empress Lilly

they should have turned this area into a Tangled dark ride
That would've been fantastic!

What they really, really ought to have done is spruce up the Snow White ride, keep it scary (dark rides need variation too, we want a scary one too!), and add a Tangled dark ride. You know, make it a Fantasyland expansion instead of a repurposing. Currently, FL has less rides than before.

GiveMeTheMusic

Cinderella will be accompanied by Aurora unless there are extenuating circumstances, and Rapunzel will be accompanied by Snow White unless there are extenuating circumstances. Jasmine will continue to greet in Adventureland with Aladdin, Belle has her...thing, Tiana has her gazebo in Liberty Square and Ariel has a dedicated location next to her ride. Mulan and Pocahontas aren't really of much concern to anyone, portraits or no. I do think it's rather amazing they spent a bajillion dollars on a new dress/wig for Belle and there's no place to get a photo/autograph with her in it outside of Akershus, but whatevs. It's their money!

Not "advertising" the second character in each room gives entertainment scheduling flexibility if higher priority shifts need girls - for example, Cinderella's Royal Table is a higher priority shift than Fairytale Hall. People are paying $70 or something per person and expect a cadre of princesses - that's what they're going to get, even if it means sticking Mulan in with Cinderella at PFH.

DrewmanS

So, I checked out the update on the Princess Fairytale Hall and after listening to the video I was surprised by two things. First, at any given time, there will only be four princesses to meet. I would have thought that building this grand setting for them would have meant the opportunity to meet a lot of princesses. When we've done character dining at CRT and ARBH we've definitely seen more than four princesses. So only four - kind of weak.
Second, if I heard right, you will come in and choose which princess to see - either Cinderella and a visiting princess or Rapunzel and her visiting princess. This would seem to indicate that you will choose a line to get in to. So that after waiting in what I'm sure will be a pretty long line to see Cinderella and her visiting princess, I guess you would then need to get back in line to see Rapunzel and her visiting princess. Wow! That's a lot of waiting! I'm sure the Princess Fairytale Hall will be added to FP+ but as we know, you will only be able to get one FP+ for this. So it would seem that you will either have to go through two long lines to see all four or burn a fp+ and still wait in a long line. I guess for now, we will stick with chacter dining
Your wait would actually be less with two lines. If 100 people want to see the princesses and you are next, you have to wait for all 100 to see the first princess pair and then go to the next pair with little wait. With two lines, you only have to wait for 50 people in the first line and then 50 people in the second line. Total wait should be about the same, but each line is half as long. Most people would rather wait in two short lines than one long line. Actually, the total wait is probably shorter because demand would likely be higher with a single line. Everyone would get in line even if they only wanted to see one princess. With two lines, some may skip the second line, thus reducing total demand and wait time.

WishIwasThere

Remember when Disney used to have amazing new attractions year after year to show off? I hope we get back to that before I'm too old to see the impressive details without an Imagineers hitting me over the head with them.

Just remember that Disney has spent a ton of capital recently...not it Florida mind you (DCA $1.2B+, FP+ $1B, DL Shanghai $2B, and a couple of cruise ships). So let us hope that over the next couple years we see Uni siphon off some of the attendance and hotel bookings and we see WDC Board panic and sink a ton into DHS, AK, Epcot, and MK (in that order preferably).

Karenb64

Original Poster
Your wait would actually be less with two lines. If 100 people want to see the princesses and you are next, you have to wait for all 100 to see the first princess pair and then go to the next pair with little wait. With two lines, you only have to wait for 50 people in the first line and then 50 people in the second line. Total wait should be about the same, but each line is half as long. Most people would rather wait in two short lines than one long line. Actually, the total wait is probably shorter because demand would likely be higher with a single line. Everyone would get in line even if they only wanted to see one princess. With two lines, some may skip the second line, thus reducing total demand and wait time.
I would assume that at least for awhile, the lines will be pretty long as everyone flocks to check out what's new at Disney. So even though your reasoning sound right, I think most people probably won't really think it through and will most likely just be thinking "Oh my goodness, I can't believe we have to go stand in another long line."

G8rchamps

Disagree- might wait 40 minutes to see 4 princesses, but it could be 30 each for separate lines. Each line may be shorter, but a lower wait time may enitce guests to wait for one line or the other since its "only 20 minutes" when 30 -40 may scare them off of the wait for all 4. Will also depend a lot on the total attendance for the day, but I really don't get the separate lines.

YunaB17

Cinderella will be accompanied by Aurora unless there are extenuating circumstances, and Rapunzel will be accompanied by Snow White unless there are extenuating circumstances. Jasmine will continue to greet in Adventureland with Aladdin, Belle has her...thing, Tiana has her gazebo in Liberty Square and Ariel has a dedicated location next to her ride. Mulan and Pocahontas aren't really of much concern to anyone, portraits or no. I do think it's rather amazing they spent a bajillion dollars on a new dress/wig for Belle and there's no place to get a photo/autograph with her in it outside of Akershus, but whatevs. It's their money!

Not "advertising" the second character in each room gives entertainment scheduling flexibility if higher priority shifts need girls - for example, Cinderella's Royal Table is a higher priority shift than Fairytale Hall. People are paying $70 or something per person and expect a cadre of princesses - that's what they're going to get, even if it means sticking Mulan in with Cinderella at PFH.

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but I really don't appreciate Mulan and Pocahontas being treated as "Second Class Princesses". They both have just as many fans as all the other princesses they just don't get as many opportunities because they don't fit the "princess mold". I've waited in huge lines to meet Pocahontas in Animal Kingdom, the line starts forming 20 minutes before she even comes out. People crowd around the rope by China to run towards Mulan's first set in Epcot and her other sets all have huge lines before she even comes out. Both princesses deserve and need second meet in greet places like most of the other princesses, preferbly in Magic Kingdom. I was really hoping Fairytale Hall would provide this, but apparently not. Sorry for the rant, it's just a really big pet peeve of mine when people consider them less important than the other princesses, they along with Merida are my three favourites.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but I really don't appreciate Mulan and Pocahontas being treated as "Second Class Princesses". They both have just as many fans as all the other princesses they just don't get as many opportunities because they don't fit the "princess mold". I've waited in huge lines to meet Pocahontas in Animal Kingdom, the line starts forming 20 minutes before she even comes out. People crowd around the rope by China to run towards Mulan's first set in Epcot and her other sets all have huge lines before she even comes out. Both princesses deserve and need second meet in greet places like most of the other princesses, preferbly in Magic Kingdom. I was really hoping Fairytale Hall would provide this, but apparently not. Sorry for the rant, it's just a really big pet peeve of mine when people consider them less important than the other princesses, they along with Merida are my three favourites.

Mulan and Pocahontas don't sell merchandise, so Disney is not going to push them. Just how it is. If they sold as much junk as Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aurora, Snow, Belle and Ariel, they'd have a dedicated meet-n-greet.

YunaB17

Mulan and Pocahontas don't sell merchandise, so Disney is not going to push them. Just how it is. If they sold as much junk as Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aurora, Snow, Belle and Ariel, they'd have a dedicated meet-n-greet.
Actually they do. Take it from somone who went to 6 malls to find the Hot Topic Pocahontas tank top that sold out way before any of the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast ones did. People want this stuff Disney just doesn't offer any of it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Thanks for the notes about the long lines. My daughter has informed me she only wants to meet the princesses we didn't meet last trip. Mulan and Pocahontas are on the list along with Tiana and Merida. Sounds like I have 4 long lines since they don't include them in any Princess Dining.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the notes about the long lines. My daughter has informed me she only wants to meet the princesses we didn't meet last trip. Mulan and Pocahontas are on the list along with Tiana and Merida. Sounds like I have 4 long lines since they don't include them in any Princess Dining.

Merida certainly commands long waits regularly (Tiana is hit and miss), but I've never experienced a long line for Mulan or Pocahontas. Last time I was in Epcot Mulan was meandering about by herself with no one around, as was Pocahontas last time I saw her at DAK. In high peak times I'm sure that's not the case and all four get crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom