I'm surprised you only get to see four princesses.

Karenb64

Original Poster
So, I checked out the update on the Princess Fairytale Hall and after listening to the video I was surprised by two things. First, at any given time, there will only be four princesses to meet. I would have thought that building this grand setting for them would have meant the opportunity to meet a lot of princesses. When we've done character dining at CRT and ARBH we've definitely seen more than four princesses. So only four - kind of weak.
Second, if I heard right, you will come in and choose which princess to see - either Cinderella and a visiting princess or Rapunzel and her visiting princess. This would seem to indicate that you will choose a line to get in to. So that after waiting in what I'm sure will be a pretty long line to see Cinderella and her visiting princess, I guess you would then need to get back in line to see Rapunzel and her visiting princess. Wow! That's a lot of waiting! I'm sure the Princess Fairytale Hall will be added to FP+ but as we know, you will only be able to get one FP+ for this. So it would seem that you will either have to go through two long lines to see all four or burn a fp+ and still wait in a long line. I guess for now, we will stick with chacter dining

Bolt

So, I checked out the update on the Princess Fairytale Hall and after listening to the video I was surprised by two things. First, at any given time, there will only be four princesses to meet. I would have thought that building this grand setting for them would have meant the opportunity to meet a lot of princesses. When we've done character dining at CRT and ARBH we've definitely seen more than four princesses. So only four - kind of weak.
Second, if I heard right, you will come in and choose which princess to see - either Cinderella and a visiting princess or Rapunzel and her visiting princess. This would seem to indicate that you will choose a line to get in to. So that after waiting in what I'm sure will be a pretty long line to see Cinderella and her visiting princess, I guess you would then need to get back in line to see Rapunzel and her visiting princess. Wow! That's a lot of waiting! I'm sure the Princess Fairytale Hall will be added to FP+ but as we know, you will only be able to get one FP+ for this. So it would seem that you will either have to go through two long lines to see all four or burn a fp+ and still wait in a long line. I guess for now, we will stick with chacter dining
You know that saying you'll stick to character dining is making some Disney finance executive very happy somewhere.

wcjordan06

Anyone that uses a FP on a princess M&G is crazy. I have been at all times of the year and you can easily see any princess in less than 20 mins if you don't go right in the morning. After about 2 pm both Mickey and the princesses are almost always a walk up, I don't see this new hall being any different after the first few months.

I was a little bummed by this too. They split up the characters at the Circus area (Minnie and Daisy one side, Goofy and Donald the other) so I guess I should have expected this. But that split made more sense bc in theory you were moving the "boys" to one side and the "girls" to another. Should have (again in theory) helped decrease waits for each person bc u were splitting in half. But in this case, I would think that if you have a princess loving girl, she will want to meet both Cindy and Rapunzel. I LOVE the theming and concept behind fairy tale hall but I wish it was a one FPP or one line and done concept.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The video said 6 Princess portraits would be in the Hall - So are those who you can meet? I saw Mulan, Jasmine and Snow White on top of the announced Cinderella and Rapunzel.

rodmansju

i would assume the idea is to get a good mix between M&G and dining. I said to my wife on our trip this year that if we just planned to hit the M&G we could skip some of the character dinings, since we only did those for the princesses. but i expect there will be some that you only see via one or the other, so as not to cannibalize either

CRT is OK for dinner once next time we go...last couple times, we went 2 times for dinner and once for breakfast. ill pass on breakfast anymore, and since they don't switch up the menu at all...1 time for dinner is more than enough. plenty of other good dining @ disney, no need to be a full-on slave to character dining.

tl77

In July my sister and her daughter had to wait 45 minutes to meet Tinker Bell and Friends in Adventureland, but when they finally got in it was only Tinker Bell, needless to say my sister wasn't real happy about it

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
In July my sister and her daughter had to wait 45 minutes to meet Tinker Bell and Friends in Adventureland, but when they finally got in it was only Tinker Bell, needless to say my sister wasn't real happy about it

That's odd normally they have two fairies at a time.

DisneyJoe

I was wondering if they have people filtering into multiple rooms for the same princesses 2 Cinderella rooms two Rapunzel rooms, plus It looks like the queue is all indoors now

They would not have the same character in 2 different rooms, it breaks the magic. How can a character be in 2 places at once? ;-)

Bocabear

Just watched the video...it looks so... meh. Very "so what"...I was expecting that with losing an attraction that the meet and greet would at least be special but this has all the charm of a hotel convention room. I feel sorry for the imagineers that had to try and hype absolutely nothing... the wallpaper has a slipper and one of the chandeliers has a crown... big deal....What happened to the Cinderella meet and greet where she was going to transform into a princess in front of you? What a waste of a building and an unimaginitive mess.

Monkee Girl

I think the hall looks beautiful and a nice extension against the castle. But I too am a little underwhelmed at there only being 4 princesses.

This is their hall and therefore, their home. They should all be there. I know that's a lot of princesses now, what are we up to now? But surely, the imagineers can come up with a better way to present the ladies. Instead, it seems as though most of the space will be used as que lines.

And I also don't care for the mystery princesses. Never did like that. What if it was someone I didn't care to meet? It's not really a magical surprise, I prefer to know who I am getting in line for. They do that for the fairies too. "Oh, it's a surprise!" No, tell me who it is, darn it! lol says the 30 year old...

Anyway, it's nice but I expected a little something more.

ImagineerDude

Maybe it's just the time periods we go, but I have always seen the princesses at a higher wait time than Mickey. One time it was Princesses: 60 Mickey: 5....I don't recall a time unless it was after 8pm (or 2am for the all-Nighter) that the princess wait times were under 20 minutes.

And this whole 4 princesses thing is pretty stupid...Merida is at her place in FL, Ariel in her grotto, Belle in her attraction, so will they keep Tiana in Liberty Square and do Cindy and Rapunzel then rotate Mulan, Jasmine, Snow White, Aroura, and Pocohantas? Will Anna from Frozen be a princess? So many questions :banghead::p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom