I'm probably making this more complicated than it should be

jengrey

Original Poster
I decided to rent a car from Alamo at MCO (picking up and dropping off there). I signed up for the Insiders program, gave them all my info and did the online check-in to skip the counter and go directly to the garage. I did not prepay, though...I chose to pay at the airport. I was just wondering...when do I actually pay them? Do I do it when I pick up the car or drop it off? I've never rented from Alamo and it's been so long since I rented a car. Has anyone done it this way? For some reason, I'm paranoid that I'll get off the plane, get to the garage, and be sent back to the counter to wait in a long line and pay. I know it's a dumb question, but I just want to be sure.

SteveW

We recently rented from Alamo in Seattle the same way and we did not get charged until we dropped the car off. It was really quick and easy both ways.

Rob562

If they don't have your credit card info yet, then there's no way they're letting you out of the lot without you presenting it. Most likely you'll give your card at the booth at the exit of the garage.

As for skipping the line, they have very convenient self-serve kiosks near the counter that often get ignored.

-Rob

jengrey

Original Poster
I gave them my credit card info when I booked it (they needed it for some sort of $1 temporary charge, whatever that was for), so I guess I'm good to go.

Figmentation

I gave them my credit card info when I booked it (they needed it for some sort of $1 temporary charge, whatever that was for), so I guess I'm good to go.

The 1 dollar charge is to make sure that is a real bank account, it's so people can't put in a fake number or a account with no money in it then run off with the car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom