Im not the biggest fan of Steve Davidson

Animaniac93-98

I think the main thing that Davison did to **** me off (and to be fair it wasn't entirely his fault) was when they completely scrapped World Of Color's story (and the Alice in Wonderland scene) shortly before premiere.

I don't believe that was his personal decision, but instead coming from higher ups.

What I will concede to is that WDW hasn't seen Steve's best work, IMO.

California had Remember Dreams Come True, his best firework show to date. Tokyo had Legend of Mythica, the best lagoon show I've ever seen and Paris has Disney Dreams.

I suspect some of this falls on the WDW team.

So true. If all you know of his work is regular Wishes and FoF you aren't likely to have a huge appreciation of what he's done.

rsoxguy

I've never been a big fan of John Davidson.

john-davidson-3-sized.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

Whoever created the storyline for the Mermaid dark ride ought to be fired IMO. The sensibilities behind it were appalling - Ariel with the SoftServe hair, the ridiculous ending, the re-use of static plastic turtle figures, too much light in the ride that showed all of the infrastructure...just bad show all around IMO.

I think even Eisner would have fired people when he saw how they had turned an adorable cartoon character into freaky uncanny valley vaguely anime-looking off-model AAs.

20111120_750.jpg

Wait, I think we're off-topic. Here's something on topic: World of Color sucks.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
That's a bit harsh, considering Paint the Night is pretty amazing. What exactly about it makes you so mad?
That music :facepalm: and the untraditional lineup, every light parade intro is followed by a forest/garden scene and ends with the biggest units out of the entire show. The soundtrack sounds more like a daytime parade most of the parade is instrumental. The music isn't your typical classic light parade music, it doesn't have to be reused music but I'm used to full sounding classic semi instrumental that can be used and cherished for years to come. This modern electronic pop music is overused and I don't feel lives up to the origional music scores and is already used in the daytime parades. They need to change it up between the two, to me there way to similar.

Last edited:

Bing Bong

That music :facepalm: and the untraditional lineup, every light parade intro is followed by a forest/garden scene and ends with the biggest units out of the entire show. The soundtrack sounds more like a daytime parade most of the parade is instrumental. The music isn't your typical classic light parade music, it doesn't have to be reused music but I'm used to full sounding classic semi instrumental that can be used and cherished for years to come.
So you hate it because it's not a carbon copy of the Main Street Electrical Parade...?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
So you hate it because it's not a carbon copy of the Main Street Electrical Parade...?
Absolutely not, if an attraction is replaced or a new one is made I want to see it blow the old one out of the water. I was hoping that the Paint the Night music score would make me never care to hear Spectromagic or the origional Electrical Parade soundtrack in the parks again. I want it to being out the am as emotion and mood as the old parade in it's own way but I'm afraid so far what I have seen is a parade that has music no better then a daytime parade where I rather see them make a new classic that will be cherished for years. I have been longing to see them make a classic that's better but fits in with the classics. This modern pop parade music they have been releasing lately I don't feel lives up to the classics. Plus there isn't a big enough difference between daytime and nighttime parades any more.

Bing Bong

Absolutely not, if an attraction is replaced or a new one is made I want to see it blow the old one out of the water. I was hoping that the Paint the Night music score would make me never care to hear Spectromagic or the origional Electrical Parade soundtrack in the parks again. I want it to being out the am as emotion and mood as the old parade in it's own way but I'm afraid so far what I have seen is a parade that has music no better then a daytime parade where I rather see them make a new classic that will be cherished for years. I have been longing to see them make a classic that's better but fits in with the classics. This modern pop parade music they have been releasing lately I don't feel lives up to the classics. Plus there isn't a big enough difference between daytime and nighttime parades any more.
So again you're upset because it's not a carbon copy of the Main Street Electrical Parade... I love Paint the Night, I'm sorry that it doesn't follow the same formula that almost every night parade has done since 1972. It's something new and brings a fresh take on something traditional.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
So again you're upset because it's not a carbon copy of the Main Street Electrical Parade... I love Paint the Night, I'm sorry that it doesn't follow the same formula that almost every night parade has done since 1972. It's something new and brings a fresh take on something traditional.
No... I want something totally different that blows all of the out of the water, new soundtrack, lineup and a little tradition from he past parades, I want it to be a big change from Spectromagic and blow that out of the water just as Spectromagic did to the Electrical Parade. Both traditional in their own way, classic but totally different. And yes I think the dance party them totally ruined it. I don't care what the music is just ditch the dance party setting is all I want. To me it doesn't fit in with the Magic Kingdom. Hollywood studios could use it thou.

Bing Bong

No... I want something totally different that blows all of the out of the water, new soundtrack, lineup and a little tradition from he past parades, I want it to be a big change from Spectromagic and blow that out of the water just as Spectromagic did to the Electrical Parade. Both traditional in their own way, classic but totally different. And yes I think the dance party them totally ruined it. I don't care what the music is just ditch the dance party setting is all I want. To me it doesn't fit in with the Magic Kingdom. Hollywood studios could use it thou.
Well it's not going to the Magic Kingdom.. it's going to Disneyland.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Well it's not going to the Magic Kingdom.. it's going to Disneyland.
Yup, so where out of the clear for now, but I do feel bad for the disappointed Californians who were hoping for something origional. I hope they tweak it a bit for them. As for us you know what I want but I'll settle for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I think Disneyland guests will get by just fine.

And I too would be interested in knowing what other shows of his you did not like and why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom