Illuminations Pre-Show Music

mspatrick

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the boards after being a devoted reader for the past several months. Does anyone know the names of the artists and songs that are used in the Illuminations Pre-show music. Most of the songs have a definate celtic fiddle sound to them and I would love to buy some of their CD's.

Thanks for any help :wave:

wannab@dis

DisneyCP2000 said:
Here's a link to a page that lists all the songs and what cd's they came from.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/illuminations_preshow.htm
Here you go. Many questions have been asked and answered already. If you're needing specific information like this, use the search feature for the forum. Found this in a about a minute, so it's much quicker than waiting on that right person to respond! :)

Welcome to the boards and keep posting! :wave:

xfkirsten

That's the old loop there, which stopped playing quite awhile ago... has anyone gotten any leads on the new music?

-Kirsten

PhotoDave219

None at the moment, however i will try my best. Some of it im finindg to be okay, but the ambient techno at 180 bpm doesnt fit.

WDWScottieBoy

I found this in another thread that was started earlier this month, I hope it helps and is the new version of the pre-show music.

MrNonacho said:
If you haven't heard by now, there is now a new set of songs that plays before Reflections of Earth. I went out earlier tonight and got a few samples of this music for you all to hear. For clips 2 through 4, a rather loud group of people decided to stake out their viewing spot right next to me (I don't know why, as it is almost impossible to see the lagoon from there thanks to a tree), so you'll have to kind of tune them out.

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3
Clip 4

The music is kind of growing on me. Some of the songs aren't that bad at all.

Oh, and to answer the question before anyone asks (;)), here's the track list of the old music:

(from http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/)
01. “They Were Dancing Barefoot” by Yehuda Poliker (from the CD “For Your Blue Eyes”, NMC Music 20835-2, 1992)

02. “Superwasp/Along The Coast Of Norway/Neckbuster” by Seelyhoo (from the CD “The First Caul”, Greentrax CDTRAX 102, 1996)

03. “Native Funk” by Burning Sky (from the CD “Blood of the Land”, Canyon Records CR-7026, 1995)

04. “Flute Battle” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac”, Higher Octave, 1988)

05. “The Concertina Set” by Bùrach (from the CD “The Weird Set”, Greentrax CDTRAX 093, 1995)

06. “Imeland” by Groupa (from the CD “Imeland”, Amigo Music AMCD 730, 1995, reissued on the US compilation “Fifteen Years”, Northside Records, 1998)

07. “Montezuma” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac, Vol. 2: Return To Ancient America”, Higher Octave, 1994)

08. “30-års Jiggen (Thirty-Year Jig)” by Väsen (from the CD “Whirled”, Northside Records NSD-6006, 1997 - U.S. release of the original Swedish CD “Världens Väsen”, Xource XOUCD 118, 1997)

09. “Inca Dance” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac”, Higher Octave, 1988)

10. “Appalachian Morning” by John Williams & The Boston Pops (from the CD “The Green Album”, Sony Classical SK 48224, 1992)

notes:

selections 6 & 8 are both available on the various artists compilation CD, “Nordic Roots: Northside Sampler” (Northside Records, 1998)

selections 4, 7 & 9 are available on a variety of CDs by Cusco and various artists packages

selection 3 is also available on the various artists compilation CD "The Rough Guide: Native American Music" (World Music Network, 1998)

selection 2 is also available on the various artists CD sampler, “Folk ‘n’ Hell: Fiery New Music From Scotland” (Blue Note Records, 1997)

WDWScottieBoy

stuart said:
Does anyone know where i can get the new pre show music from?

In my previous post (two up from this one) you can see after the song title what CD the song is found on. I'm sure if you go to a Disney media site they would have it. You can also download them I'm sure...legaly of course...and listen to them that way. Hope my track listing helped and was the correct version, too.

EDIT: If you go to the site in my previos post as well, click on Epcot, then World Showcase and then Illuminations: RoE, you can see a link to the track listed I posted. In blue, you can find the CD name linked and can buy it from there.

WDWScottieBoy

Unless they've changed the music yet again in the past month that is the new track listing. I might be completely wrong since I'm still not quite awake and don't want to be here at work for another 2 hours doing nothing.

I guess I can't complain too much, I'm getting paid to sit on this site! :sohappy:

stuart

Im sure that is the old music in the track listing as after the clips of the new music it says here is the old music listings.

WDWScottieBoy

stuart said:
Im sure that is the old music in the track listing as after the clips of the new music it says here is the old music listings.

You're right I didn't even see that, I just remembered reading about a song list from RoE and found that. I didn't read it at all, just copied and pasted. I will try and find the new track listing. Sorry for the confusion and wrong information.

TiggerBW

I was surprised and unhappy hearing the new music! (I loved the old music and had just really gotten into it when they changed it!) OH well. I don't like change at all. What can I say!? :D

skeeter

Steve rules!

:animwink: Thank you Steve for supplying the list! I found most of the music on amazon (used) for around $5 each. A few I ordered new. I bought one on e-bay. The hardest one I had trouble getting was the first one on the list--I had to order it from Isreal (it still hasn't arrived). But the music is great. Thanks again Steve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom