IllumiNations fireworks

boo52

TheOneVader said:
Again, sorry to be a pest, boo, but I have some IllumiNations questions... I hope you don't mind. :eek:

1. On the original IllumiNations, what were those poll things that stuck up on the Maxi Barges? In case you don't know what they are, here's a pic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/illum/maxi.jpg

2. During IllumiNations, the pyrotechnic people park their boat at one of the docks, usually. Then, right after Chaos, they take off in those really fast boats.. It's kind of annoying, really... So my question is, what are they doing, where are they going, and what for?

Thanks in advance! :sohappy:
1. The poles were a very crude and early form of a mist screen. Nothing like the ones at Fan! but enough of a screen to project lasers. The funny thing about the poles now, they detached the top portion of the pole where the top of the barge is and the Direct Fire shells sit on top of where the pole attached to the water pump.
2. Not sure, but I will see what I can find out. It's most likely that they have to be in one position to arm that part of the show, then when that part is done they must move to another location to arm the next section. But thats totally a guess.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
TheOneVader said:
2. During IllumiNations, the pyrotechnic people park their boat at one of the docks, usually. Then, right after Chaos, they take off in those really fast boats.. It's kind of annoying, really... So my question is, what are they doing, where are they going, and what for?

Thanks in advance! :sohappy:

I cant be sure on RoE, but with Illuminations they used to be moving around to visually monitor certain potentially troublesome areas of the show (and in some cases make repairs during the show). The boat crews are also keeping an eye out for guests attempting to get too close to the show.

JMagicFink

my 2 cents

During our last disney vacation, we chose to watch ROE on a really bad weather night. There were high winds and lots of lightning. (no rain though) Because of the wind, a lot of the candles didn't go off at the end. I'm assuming that the techs on the boats made the call and certain barges were shut off to keep the candles from blowing too close to audience members and foliage. I think I remember just the candles on the center four barges firing solo. I have a video that I need to review again. Anyway, I think the techs on the boats are very much security as well as eyes and ears for the people that can't be right on the water. I have seen them tell people to get off railings, fix the laser on the island, and also race from barge to barge. It is very cool that they can shut off parts of certain effects like that to make the show safe during bad weather. I'm sure they have all kinds of backup plans like that. :)

Also, ironically, that was the first night that I had witnessed the barge burn off before. It was awesome, and I was all excited to share it when I got home. But, apparently that was the first night that they did it, cause someone had already beat me to it with a video from that very same night!

I would also like to say thanks to Boo for taking the time to share such interesting information. The Rozzi's here in Ohio use the FireOne system as well for the Riverfest fireworks. It is awesome!

-Jim

by the way, on a side note, I have always wanted to get a pyro license. However, getting a license in Ohio is very hard. Nobody to apprentice with and have sponsor me as well. Maybe some day....

boo52

JMagicFink said:
I would also like to say thanks to Boo for taking the time to share such interesting information. The Rozzi's here in Ohio use the FireOne system as well for the Riverfest fireworks. It is awesome!
Yeah we have a few people that work with us that go and help the Rozzi's with Riverfest every year. We also use Rozzi shells in ROE and Wishes.

mikeymouse

TheOneVader said:
I have a few more RoE questions.

1. Why do they use so many green lasers? Why not red or blue or something?
2. Does anyone have like a map or satelite image of where exactly they put each of the barges on the lagoon?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fascinated with RoE.

I don't know if this helps or not but when I buy lasers for my DJ service ... the cheap ones are red, but when you get into the more expensive ones, they are all green. Dunno y. The ones Disney uses are about $20,000 ea. There was one on ebay a short time ago.

boo52

The White Fireworks that shoot up off of the rooftops at the end of Wishes are 4" Daylight White Mines. Technically they can be purchased by consumers because they are classified as 1.4g UN 0431 which is a consumer fireworks classification. However, most companies that manufacter mines of that size do it for professionals. The product does not contain the normal safety warnings or labels and most of the time contains an electric match in which to fire it. With those things, a consumer cannot purchase that type of product without a license.

TheOneVader said:
I have a few more RoE questions.

1. Why do they use so many green lasers? Why not red or blue or something?

I happen to know (cuz I'm a laser nut) that green is the color our eye is most sensitive to. Green lasers are visable for over a mile because of the wavelength of the the light and our eye's sensitivity to it. Red is a different wavelength and hence why the visable distance it travels is so much shorter. If you want people to be able to see the lasers very well, green would be the way to go. Also they are pretty cheap. Red is very cheap and common but green is next, you can buy a green laser pointer at www.thinkgeek.com that is visable for over a mile. It's very tempting:)

-Jim

dannb1001

Illuminations replacement

Not to change the subject but, Does anyone think Tokyo Disneylands old Blazing Rhythms show would be cool for Epcot? They already have a start with the tourches and stuff. I have never seen Blazing Rhythms but it looked like a cool show. The music is awesome.
I also think Disney should creat a firework show using allot of lighting and lasers. That would be awesome. Also lively music. Maybe sort of Clubish.
Club Disney? Jamminnations? LOL ok I'll quit. Just throwing around ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom