IllumiNations fireworks

boo52

Wannabe Walt said:
Thanks for naming them for me! I needed to find that out because I think those are really cool so I wanted to try and find some for our 4th of July party this year. .... I also want to see if I can get nautical torches anywhere...any suggestions?

The Direct Fire shells can really only be safely fired over water. I have seen them fired in the desert but never anywhere else. Just too much potential for a fire. As for the floater or nautical torches, are you licensed to buy 1.3G or is your display all 1.4G? This will help in finding them.

Wannabe Walt

We could always get them on the water if we needed to. We, as of now, only do class C fireworks (1.4 G) however we have checked into getting a Pro Display License (temp. for $75...limited to ONE purchase!) but the fireworks themselves are really pricy! I think it would be worth it, if we could afford it. But we'll just have to see. Don't Pro's have to be shot electronically or all hooked to ONE Quick Match? If so, then we're kinda screwed. I want an electronic system, but they are sooo darn expensive! And hooking it all to quick match would be faulty (for us) because we wouldn't get the measurements exact and it would all be out of time with the music! That wouldn't be good.

Any tips on where to buy pro fireworks from or where to get consumer versions of ROE's fireworks? (candels, saturn rings, direct fire, mines, etc.)

boo52

For you to get the look you want would require tons of cash for the product, even more for the firing system. Firing systems like the ones used at Disney start at around $14,000. That would really be the only way to achieve the desired look of a highly timed show. Now you can rent a FireOne firing system form a company in Ohio called Pyro Masters. We heavily use there products at Disney. http://www.pyromasterllc.com/index.htm
As for the floating shells the only compnay that I know of that makes them is Magic Fire. But there is a catch to them. To use them you must buy their firing system that is special designed for them. And the cost per shell is around $35 each. You be better off coming up with something on your own. Hope that helps some.

Wannabe Walt

Thanks! I've actually checked in to FireOne systems already. I've started using the Demo of ScriptMaker I downloaded to write a firework script for the show. I found some plans online to make you own "cheap" manual firing system (electronic). You flip a switch and KABOOM! lol. I could load the demo and the file onto a laptop and have that sitting there next to the station. (The program has a manual firing cue thingy...its awesome)

You work for Disney boo52???

TheOneVader

Original Poster
We do fireworks at our house for 4th of July, but just the little ones... I'd love to get those systems and have a bad@ss show. Boo, think you can hijack the IllumiNations barges? :lookaroun

There's nothing better than a bunch of idiots with a ton of explosives :)

Wannabe Walt

BOO I LOVE YOU! (not really...but in a Disney way lol) I wanna know as much about Disney Fireworks as I can! TELL TELL TELL! (seriously!) In Wishes, the golden ones that are used toward the beginning and in the finale that are willows and peonies (or chrys.) that last FOREVER...what are those and where do you get them? Those are amazing! Also, the part of Illuminations where its We Go On (instrumentally, not choir) and theres like chimes and flutes playing a downward scale, there are (what I thought) were Willows in the sky...what are they? I'm not sure if they are willows or falling dahlias. Answer please! Also, do know (or can get) a specific timing list and firework list for ROE and/or Wishes? If so, I would absolutly LOVE to see that!

Thanks bunches!

TheOneVader

Original Poster
You probably can't disclose this information, but can you give me a rough estimate about how much RoE costs per night? Pwetty pwease?
:: puts on cute puppy dog face::

Also, I've heard the shell count for RoE to be from 1,100 to 2,800... What is it really? And, sorry to ask so many questions, but how many shells are used in the 1,000 points of light segment just before the finale? Is it really 1,000? Also, during that segment, it looks as if more than one shell is coming from the same mortar tube. How can this be?

TheOneVader

Original Poster
I've prepared a list of some mroe questions ;)

Sorry to bother you with more questions, boo, but I'm fascinated by IllumiNations and wanted to know some things :)

1. What are all of the barges names? I know the Globe Barge, Don D's Inferno Barge, the Maxi Barges, but what are the small ones called? Are they modified Bernie barges from the old IllumiNations, just liekd the modified Maxi's?

2. When was the last time they've used the WW3 barge... I've heard they haven't used it in a while, but then what did they use for the HOliday tag on IllumiNations in Dec '04? New barges I presume?

boo52

Wannabe Walt said:
In Wishes, the golden ones that are used toward the beginning and in the finale that are willows and peonies (or chrys.) that last FOREVER...what are those and where do you get them? Also, the part of Illuminations where its We Go On (instrumentally, not choir) and theres like chimes and flutes playing a downward scale, there are (what I thought) were Willows in the sky...what are they? I'm not sure if they are willows or falling dahlias. Answer please! Also, do know (or can get) a specific timing list and firework list for ROE and/or Wishes? If so, I would absolutly LOVE to see that!

Thanks bunches!
The Waterfall ones are called Brocade Waterfalls and the ones toward the end that go off during the big When you Wish build are called Brocade Diadem Chrysanthimums. Both are made by SanTai fireworks of China. Other companies make them and call them Kumuro's. They are basically made of Chinese Willow tree saw dust compacted with powder and charcoal. The wood is what you see burning for so long. I believe the ones from ROE you spoeak of are called Gold Glass shells. I'm not to sure of what they look like. A pic would help. As for cue sheets, that would be a no no since it would violate company policy. Sorry. :(

boo52

TheOneVader said:
You probably can't disclose this information, but can you give me a rough estimate about how much RoE costs per night? Pwetty pwease?
:: puts on cute puppy dog face::

Also, I've heard the shell count for RoE to be from 1,100 to 2,800... What is it really? And, sorry to ask so many questions, but how many shells are used in the 1,000 points of light segment just before the finale? Is it really 1,000? Also, during that segment, it looks as if more than one shell is coming from the same mortar tube. How can this be?
Can't give you the $$$ cost. Sorry. As for shell counts, ROE is like around 1200 and Wishes is around 725. The thousand points segments usues roman candles that have multiple shots in each one.

boo52

TheOneVader said:
I've prepared a list of some mroe questions ;)

Sorry to bother you with more questions, boo, but I'm fascinated by IllumiNations and wanted to know some things :)

1. What are all of the barges names? I know the Globe Barge, Don D's Inferno Barge, the Maxi Barges, but what are the small ones called? Are they modified Bernie barges from the old IllumiNations, just liekd the modified Maxi's?

2. When was the last time they've used the WW3 barge... I've heard they haven't used it in a while, but then what did they use for the HOliday tag on IllumiNations in Dec '04? New barges I presume?
The small barges are called midi's. The Maxi's have been around since 1984. They premiered in LaserPhonic Fantasy. Were slightly modified for Illuminations in 1987 and were totally overhauled in 2000 for ROE. The midi's were brand new I believe when ROE came online. I thought the WW3 barge was redecked and used for the holiday tag. But this is purely a guess.

Yen_Sid1

DWSD said:
Just reading about green laser's I also think green is a easy colour to see at night, Every pay atteion to the lights of your cars dash board they are usually always green.

The color of the Laser is due to what kind of gas it uses. Disney uses mainly gas-ion lasers. Argon Lasers have the brightest and most visible output at the Green wavelength. And Krypton lasers are used for red, but it isn't as visible as the green. Also, the lasers need something to reflect off of, like a screen or something. It would be hard to see laser just shooting into the sky, that's why they wait until all the smoke from the fireworks and then shoot the laser through the clouds so you can see the beams.

TheOneVader

Original Poster
Again, sorry to be a pest, boo, but I have some IllumiNations questions... I hope you don't mind. :eek:

1. On the original IllumiNations, what were those poll things that stuck up on the Maxi Barges? In case you don't know what they are, here's a pic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/members2/illum/maxi.jpg

2. During IllumiNations, the pyrotechnic people park their boat at one of the docks, usually. Then, right after Chaos, they take off in those really fast boats.. It's kind of annoying, really... So my question is, what are they doing, where are they going, and what for?

Thanks in advance! :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I may, the poles are holding a fine wire mesh (or similar) net, strung between them. Illuminations projected laser animation onto these from lasers mounted on the central barge (the smaller globe, pre RoE verison). The effect was the same as Fantasmic!s water screens, but without the water!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom