Illumination help

Thumper14

We are park hopping from HS to EPCOT on Friday, Nov 14.
Leaving HS at or before 8 pm and walking over to Epcot.
Epcot has late EMH until 11 pm.
Since we plan to arrive between 8:30-8:45 pm, we might as well try to take in Illuminations first.
Any advice on a good place to catch a descent view in just 15-30 minutes before the show?

We were planning to ride the Future World attractions (Spaceship Earth, Mission Space-Orange, Soarin and Test Track) after the show then walking to the Boardwalk Villas.

4 parks in just 3 days!  

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Since you will be heading to Future World when Illuminations is over, find a spot between UK and Canada. We have found decent places to watch from in that area right before the show starts.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Why in the world would you walk to Epcot after a full day at HS. Take the boat, it will save you alot of time.

We always walk even after a long day in the park. It is a beautiful walk. I've personally only used the Friendship boats a couple of times when it was raining.

@Thumper14 Yeah, between UK and Canada would probably be your best bet since you are coming through the International Gateway. Watch out for flying woodchips.:D

Upvote 0

Thumper14

Original Poster
We are leaving HS near or at closing, so we are opting to walk over to Epcot.
I am sure the boats will have a considerable wait we cannot afford.
In the past we have out paced the boat on our way to HS.
Except when my photo nut husband has stopped to snap a few hundred photos along the way.

We are going to try and do 4 parks in just 3 days.
I have scheduled the ADRs, FP+ and the Touring Lines plans.
Luckily, we are 4 physically fit adults, so the walk should not be an issue.
Actually, I am semi fit, now up to up to 7.5k on my Fitbit
I agree it is a beautiful walk at night.
We have a first-timer with us this time.
Otherwise, I probably would not stop to watch Illuminations again.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas and walking to Epcot and HS is why we love this Resort!
The boat rides are for the less busy times and when we are not in a hurry.
Since we are empty nesters, my hubby and I visit and take a more leisurely time.
This time my son and his soon to be fiancé are joining us.
Hence the short stay and more aggressive schedule.

Upvote 0

piglet1

Another good spot for Illuminations is the bridge between France and the UK. Again, usually you can wander over right as the lights are dimming and the "Good Evening and Welcome" starts and still get a good spot

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I'd watch in UK, on the bridge to France or Italy. Most people will be going home after illuminations anyway so the lines won't be that long regardless.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom