Ignored Disney movies?

MotherOfBirds

Original Poster
Why is it that Disney seems to almost deny that some films were even made and others just have no mention in the parks? Or, some have a character in a park but are nowhere to be found anywhere else?

101 Dalmations
Hunchback of Notre Dame (especially. Barely admit that they made it)
Fox and the Hound
Pocahontas (now that the show at DAK is gone)
Bambi
Mulan
Jungle Book (besides characters)
Lady and the Tramp
Brother Bear
Atlantis (a flop, yes)
Emperor's New Groove
Fantasia
Tarzan
Hercules
Oliver and Company
Black Cauldron
Robin Hood
Aristocats

Just to name a few that came to mind. Any others to add? I was just wondering why some of these movies get completely ignored, especially Hunchback, which is my favorite. Any takers here?

danv3

There's a Hunchback display in one of the stores in France in EPCOT, and Frollo shows up in the Boo to You Parade. But I wish there was more (like Clopin, for example!)

raven

Why is it that Disney seems to almost deny that some films were even made and others just have no mention in the parks? Or, some have a character in a park but are nowhere to be found anywhere else?

101 Dalmations Cruella is in the parades.
Hunchback of Notre Dame (especially. Barely admit that they made it) Had a huge show at MGM about 10 years ago. Meg is still around.
Fox and the Hound
Pocahontas (now that the show at DAK is gone) Animal Kingdom
Bambi
Mulan China in Epcot
Jungle Book (besides characters) Besides characters? What else is there?
Lady and the Tramp Tony's Restaurant in MK.
Brother Bear
Atlantis (a flop, yes)
Emperor's New Groove
Fantasia Fantasmic
Tarzan Animal Kingdom and sometimes MK
Hercules
Oliver and Company
Black Cauldron
Robin Hood Animal Kingdom
Aristocats Animal Kingdom

Just to name a few that came to mind. Any others to add? I was just wondering why some of these movies get completely ignored, especially Hunchback, which is my favorite. Any takers here?

Also, try looking at the boat that comes by at the end of Fantasmic. You will see a lot of others there. But I feel not every movies needs to have a prominent place in the parks.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Isn't there an entire wing of the All Star Movies resort for 101 Dalmations? Also, the pool there is Fantasia based, as well as everyone's favorite large hat at DHS.

WDWFREAK53

You even forgot one of my favorites.

Treasure Planet. I love this movie and want to board a solar surfer!!!

and to add to that last...Jungle Book had a show at DAK.
(I always thought they should make the deer you see on the Train into a Bambi scene).

Atomicmickey

Of all of those, the one I miss the most is Hercules, I think
there are all sorts of fun possibilities there, for Fantasyland,
or for a Greek pavilion in World Showcase. With Greece near
broke, though, it ain't gonna happen.

I get a shiver when there's a brief musical "Going the Distance"
quote in Wishes, and I wish for more . . .

MotherOfBirds

Original Poster
I'm not expecting an attraction for every movie, but I just think it's weird that some movies are just totally ignored. I remember the HoND show at MGM, but that was also around the time before and after the movie was coming out and it was part of the promotion, if I remember correctly. I could be crazy, but I haven't a special edition of HoND DVD

And was the 20k site (a couple years after it was closed) ever considered for a n Atlantis or LM ride using the subs a legit rumor or just a bunch of 20k fanboys speculating?

bjlc57

Yeah.. what about BlackBeard's Ghost.. here was the original pirate of the Carribean.. doesn't exist..

Walt Disney1955

Well I tend to agree with you. Keep in mind there have been tons of Disney Movies. Mary Poppins and Old Yeller are nowhere to be seen either. But if we are talking about animated features I agree about Bambi. I have always said that with good writers and a good storyline it would still make a great dark ride.

Robin Hood would make a GREAT dark ride in my opinion as well. But they can't have everything I guess. Mr. Toad wasn't as popular as some of the others but it was there for 30 years. There isn't room for everything I realize.

I always find that during Spectromagic they do a broad list of characters on the floats. Even at the end you can see silhouettes of the crows in Dumbo and I think Bambi is featured there.

tampabrad

Funny you mantion that. One of the most popular attractions in all of Disney is based on a movie that the company wont release in the US. Splash Mountain.

mike10

There's a Hunchback display in one of the stores in France in EPCOT, and Frollo shows up in the Boo to You Parade. But I wish there was more (like Clopin, for example!)

He is also in the Villains mix and mingle since I have a pic with him.

mike10

Well I tend to agree with you. Keep in mind there have been tons of Disney Movies. Mary Poppins and Old Yeller are nowhere to be seen either. But if we are talking about animated features I agree about Bambi. I have always said that with good writers and a good storyline it would still make a great dark ride.

Robin Hood would make a GREAT dark ride in my opinion as well. But they can't have everything I guess. Mr. Toad wasn't as popular as some of the others but it was there for 30 years. There isn't room for everything I realize.

I always find that during Spectromagic they do a broad list of characters on the floats. Even at the end you can see silhouettes of the crows in Dumbo and I think Bambi is featured there.

Bambi has Thumper and Miss Bunny since I have a pic with me with them from last year at AK.

becanya

I was super shocked to hear songs from two of my favorite Disney movies this year when I was standing in line. We heard "West of the wide Missouri" from ORIGINAL FAMILY BAND in line for Thunder Mountain, and I heard the instrumental theme from RETURN TO SNOWY RIVER in the gift shop at Wilderness Lodge. I LOVED the fact that Disney still remembered their older movies. I always wonder if I'm the only one who loved those!

btw, Mary Poppins was signing autographs by the carousel when we were there. Made me super happy.

dreambeliever

I agree with you guys But you have to remember not all the pepole that go to Disney are big fans like us. some pepole go just to say they went!:shrug:

as sad as it is you have to face the facts that kids know more characters from Sponge bob then Disney.:cry: Like this one time I was baby siting with my friend and when we played school and I was talking about supercalifragilisticespialidocious they did not even know what i was talking about!!!!:shrug:

ryno1982

101 Dalmations
Hunchback of Notre Dame (especially. Barely admit that they made it)
Fox and the Hound
Pocahontas (now that the show at DAK is gone)
Bambi
Mulan
Jungle Book (besides characters)
Lady and the Tramp
Brother Bear
Atlantis (a flop, yes)
Emperor's New Groove
Fantasia
Tarzan
Hercules
Oliver and Company
Black Cauldron
Robin Hood
Aristocats

How is Fantasia forgotten? If anything, it's over-saturated. Sorcerer's hat, All Star Resort, Philharmagic, Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf, Fantasmic, and Wishes all have elements from Fantasia. Hercules is in Wishes. Pocahontas is in Fantasmic, and World of Color at DCA. Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Mulan, and Tarzan occasionally make appearances, but otherwise I agree with everything else, and I'd add Bolt and Meet the Robinsons to the list. Chicken Little and Home on the Range too, but they deserve to be forgotten.

spectromagic04

The movies that are ignored at the parks with no presence are:
Great Mouse detective
Aristocats
Rescuers
Oliver and Company
bambi
Fox and the Hound
101 Dalmations
Sword in the Stone
Which is really sad since these are true classics and should be in the parks one way or an other. Now mostly all the new rides and characters in the parks are Pixar.

janoimagine

Great Mouse detective
Aristocats
Rescuers
Oliver and Company
bambi
Fox and the Hound
101 Dalmations
Sword in the Stone
Which is really sad since these are true classics and should be in the parks one way or an other. Now mostly all the new rides and characters in the parks are Pixar.

Aristocats has a charachter or two who make apperances at the france pavilion, the sword in the stone is in front of the carousel and Cruella DeVille makes apperances at the MK. Disney doesn't need to hit us over the head with every charachter from every animated film being represented in the parks folks, they also have a ton of classic live action films that were done too, that have no representation whatsoever anywhere. :shrug:

RAXIP

Great Mouse detective
Aristocats
Rescuers
Oliver and Company
bambi
Fox and the Hound
101 Dalmations
Sword in the Stone

Sometimes you just need to take a closer look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom