Iger rumored to extend his term as CEO

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I guess you are right. There are worse people but these two have actually personally affected me and are major contributors to my present emotional state.

We will see how I feel about Prez in a few months since he has authorized TSA to do more 'invasive searches'. I fly for business so I cannot skip the airlines...

Siren

Those are just brands/BUs under the company. Someone leads all of those and reports to him. In comparison, Carlos Ghosn runs 3 different companies and is the CEO of each. Nissan alone is worth twice what Disney is worth. Add in Reneault and Mitsu and he has a much tougher job then Iger. Point is, he isn't underpaid and overextended. If he is then he should leave his job!
Hi @montyz81! Yes, I know but he is fully accountable for everything. If any of those units/brands were to fail for whatever reason -- Iger is held accountable, he assumes all the blame. That is a lot of pressure. Disney World's transit system alone is larger and more complex and efficient than most metropolis's. Even Congress has taken notice and are trying to get their large cities to run like Disney.

Carlos Ghosn is accountable for one stream of revenue -- automobiles. That all. This is not a good comparison. GM's CEO is in charge of Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick and GMC. This is not a big deal. It's just cars.

Iger is accountable for

TV (ABC Networks and News)
Cable (Disney Channel(s),
Sports Networks (ESPN)
Movies (Pixar) (Disney Animation)
IP's (Marvel) (Star Wars)
Hotels
Disney Vacation Club (Timeshares)
Dining (quick service, food trucks, bars, dinner shows)
Full Service Restaurants
Mass Transit
Disney Broadway
Disney on Ice
Disney Cruise Line
Disney's Castaway Cay (an entire island)
Disney River Cruise
Disney Adventures
Disney Theme Parks (Domestic & International)
Disney Springs
The Disney Store
Disney Consumer Products
Disney Publishing
Disney Interactive Games
Disney Radio
That one online company
Celebration, Florida (an entire city)

And, so much more.

That is a lot. He is doing a good job. Disney used to be all about Princesses, now there is something for everyone.

Most of the things that you guys are upset about were put in place by Eisner. But, Iger gets all the blame.

Last edited:

montyz81

Hi @montyz81! Yes, I know but he is fully accountable for everything. If any of those units/brands were to fail for whatever reason -- Iger is held accountable, he assumes all the blame. That is a lot of pressure. Disney World's transit system alone is larger and more complex and efficient than most metropolis's. Even Congress has taken notice and are trying to get their large cities to run like Disney.

Carlos Ghosn is accountable for one stream of revenue -- automobiles. That all. This is not a good comparison. GM's CEO is in charge of Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick and GMC. This is not a big deal. It's just cars.

Iger is accountable for

TV (ABC Networks and News)
Cable (Disney Channel(s),
Sports Networks (ESPN)
Movies (Pixar) (Disney Animation)
IP's (Marvel) (Star Wars)
Hotels
Disney Vacation Club (Timeshares)
Dining (quick service, food trucks, bars, dinner shows)
Full Service Restaurants
Mass Transit
Disney Broadway
Disney on Ice
Disney Cruise Line
Disney's Castaway Cay (an entire island)
Disney River Cruise
Disney Adventures
Disney Theme Parks (Domestic & International)
Disney Springs
The Disney Store
Disney Consumer Products
Disney Publishing
Disney Interactive Games
Disney Radio
That one online company
Celebration, Florida (an entire city)

And, so much more.

That is a lot. He is doing a good job. Disney used to be all about Princesses, now there is something for everyone.

Most of the things that you guys are upset about were put in place by Eisner. But, Iger gets all the blame.
Not sure I can even argue this with you. You could not be any more wrong. Iger worrys about the following:
Media Networks,
Parks and Resorts

Studio Entertainment
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
You can find this all on Disney's Corporate site. He has people that report to him about each of these areas.

(BTW, Disney has nothing to do with Celebration anymore)

Carlos currently worries about Nissan, Renault, Infiniti, Renault Samsung Motors, Dacia, Datsun, Venucia, Lada[3] and Mitsubishi. Sorry, you aren't going to convince me that Iger's job is that difficult!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom