Iger out in 2018

Biff215

Will be a huge loss for the company. Doubtful his successor will see the same success he has.
I guess if success is measured by acquisitions. I don't have a problem with those really, but I do have a problem with the current state of the parks. Doesn't matter though, the Board seems to support the price hikes and budget cuts so his successor will likely have to do the same. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Goofyernmost

Good riddance, but even though Iger may have been bad, the guy replacing him could be ten times worse.

I wasn't here when Eisner left, so can someone who was help explain what the general feeling was like?
Yup, it was party time. People couldn't wait for Eisner to leave and were wetting their collective pants about how great Iger was going to be. Pretty much the same scenario that happens time after time, when their hero doesn't deliver on their own personal desires. And it doesn't really matter how good that person is. If people don't get what they expected, they are ready to hang them from the nearest tree.

I'm not saying that Iger was a particular advocate of the theme parks, because he isn't, but, the Disney Company is a lot bigger and a lot more powerful then it was when he first took over. Just not in the way that many wanted it to go.

Disneyhead'71

I think he has made some very smart acquistions and the company is better for them. I like that when people think Disney they think Lion King, Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Star Wars, Captain America, Thor, Zootopia, and Spiderman.
Do you like that when people think of WDW the think of a 2nd mortgage and trading the kids college education for a character breakfast?

Phil12

Good riddance, but even though Iger may have been bad, the guy replacing him could be ten times worse.

I wasn't here when Eisner left, so can someone who was help explain what the general feeling was like?
234484d1328134968-funny-pictures-youve-found-net-cmt-medium.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom