Iger contract extended through June 30, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildflower

Original Poster
Same annual comp but opportunity for performance-based retention bonus if "certain financial performance goals are met over 5-year period ending with FY18"... Thoughts: Good/bad/ugly?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Same annual comp but opportunity for performance-based retention bonus if "certain financial performance goals are met over 5-year period ending with FY18"... Thoughts: Good/bad/ugly?
Wow. I thought he was clear that he wanted to step away from the CEO role. Surprised that the board convinced him to stick around.

Wildflower

Original Poster
Wow. I thought he was clear that he wanted to step away from the CEO role. Surprised that the board convinced him to stick around.
yeah, to be fair it's only a 2yr extension I think so not crazy-long. Definitely some rah rah in the statement about his greatness, but that's to be expected I think with any announcement of import. I sort of see it as a delay of game especially since they're supposedly naming a COO in 2015 and groom whomever that is to be his successor (and I imagine the second part of the comp package didn't hurt as to his staying).

216bruce

He'll stay around long enough to see the opening of Avatarland and (hopefully) something StarWarsish. Personally, I think he's done a great job- at least as it stands today; animation has been reinvigorated, Cruise line has expanded, DL is much better, D23 has been a nice addition and the film division has been tremendous with the acqusitions of Marvel, Pixar and Henson's Muppets. We haven't even seen the tip of a Hoth iceberg yet with the Lucasfilm purchase. Stock price is doing great too. Is he Walt? No. No one is, or ever will be again. Have things changed in the parks and are there some favorites gone? Yep, but I'll wait and see on WDW until the new additions are open to pass judgement on that. Glad he's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom