If you could only choose 2 out of 3 of these options...

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Before I ask the question, here's the background info:
My wife and I are taking our two youngest kiddos to WDW for 9 days. Our teenagers have class trips during same time so they aren't coming. Audrey is 7 and Garrett is 5. Neither are huge fans of fast moving rides so we end up spending a lot of time with characters and at the MK. Audrey loves learning about countries so we'll be at Epcot the 2nd most amount. then we'll go to DAK for one day and DHS for one day. We would might consider going to DAK another half day if the kids want to. They do love animals. :)

Anyways, just to save some money, I have to decide which 2 out of 3 options I'll add to our trip. So here ya go:

1) MNSSHP- They are kids and love dressing up. They have been before. There is no way they make it to midnight lol. 10pm at best

2) Memory Maker- We've never used this so we're curious if it's worth it. This is a long trip with the young ones.

3) Park Hopper- I basically am considering Park hopper just so I can eat at Epcot some evenings I don't have ADRs at other places. I love F&WF for the food. DHS food is just blech and we're going to be at the MK about 5 out of the 9 days so really don't feel like eating that much counter service at MK.

So if you had to choose which two, what would you pick?

HeatherWatson

If your family would not stay for the duration of MNSSHP, I would go for Park Hopper tix and Memory Maker, since you would essentially be missing almost half of a costly hard ticket event. Memory Maker is by far one of the best investments we have made on a WDW vacation (we have purchased it again for our upcoming trip). I feel like the ride photos and videos alone make it worth the cost, but the photographers really do capture some magical moments a family might otherwise miss having.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic vacation! No matter which options you choose, I know you won't be disappointed in any of them! Safe travels and lots of pixie dust to you and yours!

ETA: Check out the rides with photos/videos and see how many of those attractions would appeal to your children in weighing the pros and cons of MM. The last trip I took, it was just myself and our oldest daughter, so I was especially glad to have someone else taking photos of us without having to repeatedly ask a stranger who may or may not have gotten the same wonderful shots we now have to commemorate our special vacation :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disney Stine

Why not go even further with your saving? Just only do the party. Get the 9 day park tickets - not park hopper. And absolutely no memory maker (their pictures looked way worse than the ones taken with my own camera). You should have enough places to eat in MK and EPCOT that park hopping between the two isn't necessary for dinners. On your HS night, why not head over to Downtown Disney for dinner? TRex is a great place for kids! If your kids decide they wanted the extra Animal Kingdom day then use one of your day passes on the party date (since you don't actually use a day pass for entrance-it's included in your party ticket price). By the way, you can enter the park at 4 pm on the day of the party so it's not like you'd only be staying from 7-10, by rather 4-10. :)

Also, you can give your camera to any photopass photographer and they will take pictures for you!

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

I think with 2 kids, MNSSHP is the must-do. They can go trick-or-treating at Disney World, for crying out loud LOL.

I wonder if the two older kids would feel left out if the one time you used memory maker was when they didn't come. I'd skip that.

Re: park hoppers: since you specifically mentioned the main reason for hopping was to have dinner at Epcot, I recommend save your money on the hopping and put it towards some really nice dinners at the resorts. They are at least as good as Epcot if not better, and fun to explore. Downtown Disney is also an option, of course.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Mind you- I'm a big fan of bringing my own camera and taking thousands of my own pictures....so dropping Memory Maker is the clear winner for me. Hopper and party will bring you so much more enjoyment during the course of your trip.

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
I think with 2 kids, MNSSHP is the must-do. They can go trick-or-treating at Disney World, for crying out loud LOL.

I wonder if the two older kids would feel left out if the one time you used memory maker was when they didn't come. I'd skip that.

Re: park hoppers: since you specifically mentioned the main reason for hopping was to have dinner at Epcot, I recommend save your money on the hopping and put it towards some really nice dinners at the resorts. They are at least as good as Epcot if not better, and fun to explore. Downtown Disney is also an option, of course.
I just bought the MNSSHP for 10/22 so I've committed to that one. As for the memory maker, I do think i'll wait until the next full trip with the entire family. Parkhopper is probably what I"m going to do but I'll probably wait until we get there to decide. I might just consider the DTD options for shorter nights. I do like to parkhop though haha

Upvote 0

KikoKea

I just bought the MNSSHP for 10/22 so I've committed to that one. As for the memory maker, I do think i'll wait until the next full trip with the entire family. Parkhopper is probably what I"m going to do but I'll probably wait until we get there to decide. I might just consider the DTD options for shorter nights. I do like to parkhop though haha

At the party, if you see a scurvy pirate and his wench, give us a wave!

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
At the party, if you see a scurvy pirate and his wench, give us a wave!
Will do! Wife is trying to figure out what we'll all go as haha. I want to be Anakin, her Padme, and my two little ones being Luke and Leia haha but she says no. lol

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
That sounds cute- maybe she will come around. I'm just trying to keep our costumes simple and cheap...and cool. Gonna be pretty warm still in Orlando.
I think the coolness factor was the issue. Those Jedi Robes don't breathe well haha. Maybe we'll go Marvel instead. I'm not a huge Halloween fan but the idea of me dressing us is hilarious to the kiddos.

Upvote 0

KikoKea

I think the coolness factor was the issue. Those Jedi Robes don't breathe well haha. Maybe we'll go Marvel instead. I'm not a huge Halloween fan but the idea of me dressing us is hilarious to the kiddos.

I understand. I've seen my husband sweat under his Grim Reaper robe around here, so choose my fabrics carefully! You'll have a great time, whatever you end up going as.

Upvote 0

Kosmo1986

Ok, I know everyone has said it but I will say it too! (note I am a semi-local passholder)

MNSSHP- I think if you only pick 1 this is a must. I am an adult with no kids and love this event! You mentioned spending a lot of time with
characters and MNSSHP has characters you wont see anywhere else, plus lots of candy, low crowds, and a great parade (this is the only parade I watch).

Park hopper- This is a great option for short trips but not really needed for a long trip. You can only make fast passes reservation for 1 park a day realistically (yes yes I know you COULD get an extra fast pass at a second park but it usually isn't that great)

As for Memory maker, I have never done it. Cast members can take pictures with your camera and I wouldn't use it as a replacement for bringing your own camera. I get lots of great pictures when I go, so to me it isn't worth it.

Another possible idea, in MK have the whole family get made up like a pirate

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Ok, I know everyone has said it but I will say it too! (note I am a semi-local passholder)

MNSSHP- I think if you only pick 1 this is a must. I am an adult with no kids and love this event! You mentioned spending a lot of time with
characters and MNSSHP has characters you wont see anywhere else, plus lots of candy, low crowds, and a great parade (this is the only parade I watch).

Park hopper- This is a great option for short trips but not really needed for a long trip. You can only make fast passes reservation for 1 park a day realistically (yes yes I know you COULD get an extra fast pass at a second park but it usually isn't that great)

As for Memory maker, I have never done it. Cast members can take pictures with your camera and I wouldn't use it as a replacement for bringing your own camera. I get lots of great pictures when I go, so to me it isn't worth it.

Another possible idea, in MK have the whole family get made up like a pirate
Thanks! Yeah, I've bought the MNSSHP tix already. I think I'm going to pass on the other two for now.

Upvote 0

Socalphili

MNSSHP and Hopper. We are not big on the rides and MM is nice if you can afford it . MNSSHP was a blast last year and my 15 year old daughter loved it. We do hopper so that we can have options. I like to eat from the higher end establishments and then go back to the parks and walk off dinner. Being there for Food and Wine normally brings us back to EPCOT daily. MM is a great way to travel light and it is soooo easy to get spoiled. MNSSHP is a great event for the kids and probably will become one of their favorite memories. And our kids is what it's all about, Right??? At least that is what i tell my wife!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom