If you could change one thing about each theme park at WDW, what would you change?

Disney's Hollywood Studios: The parking lot. Getting to disabled parking is so bad and limited that we usually just park somewhere else and take the waterway taxi.
Epcot: It's so congested after entering--move the Leave a Legacy "monoliths" somewhere else where they won't be in the way.
Magic Kingdom: For people utilizing the parking lot, It would be great if there were an additional way besides the ferry or the monorail to get to one's vehicle. Since I can't even figure out how to solve this one, how about a queue for getting on the monorail? I don't need to tell any one here what it's like after park closing.
Animal KIngdom: If anything, just more benches; especially on the long trek from main gate to Expedition Everest via DinoLand.

Cosmic Commando

Magic Kingdom: Move the Speedway outside the railroad tracks and make it actually themed to Tomorrowland.
Epcot: Beautiful, lush garden entrance to replace the tombstones.
DHS: Move the entrance of RnRC so that it doesn't mess with the buildup for Tower of Terror.
DAK: Rework the conceit of Dinoland so that you could have a gentle ride with "real" dinos.

copcarguyp71

MK - Get rid of Tomorrowland Speedway in lieu of another E-ticket
Epcot - Renew and re-open ALL unused spaces that were open in the 90's
AK - I want to say fix the Yeti but I think the bigger need is to wipe Chester and Hester off the face of the earth
DHS - Bring back the working studio aspect to bring back the original feeling that is was in fact a studio.

danyoung56

MK - Take out the Stitch attraction, and go back to either Alien Encounter or all the way back to Mission to Mars.

Epcot - Replace Journey Into YOUR Imagination with just about anything!

Studios - Fix the stupid parking lot! There are some parking spaces where you have to walk all the way down the row of parked cars, and then all the way back to the front entrance. You're wiped out before you even get into the park!

DAK - It's a tie between fix the yeti and replace the entire Chester & Hester area with a real attraction.

PrincessJenn5795

MK: Update Tomorrowland, and add some better/healthier quick service options. There some good table service options, but the quick service options are very limited.
EPCOT: More shade throughout the whole park, since all of those wide open concrete expanses makes it almost unbearable when it is hot, and is also horrible for those of us who burn easily. I would also update the whole Future World area, because it is really dated and blah.
AK: Do something to make Dinoland better. I love the whole rest of the park, so if they bring it up to the level of the rest of the park it would be awesome
DHS: They are pretty much doing what I would suggest already, by adding the Star Wars and Toy Story areas. I always liked the stuff that was there, there just wasn't enough of it. There were so many wasted spaces and it was not a whole-day park. I am excited to see what it is like in a few years when everything is done!

blueboxdoctor

EPCOT - Where to begin, ok, just going broad here, the entrance goes on forever (I'm sure the little pictures had a purpose at one point, but right now they're just there) and actually make Innoventions have stuff that's innovative.

MK - I wouldn't miss the Speedway, just saying. But actually I'd rather just have a better decorated Tomorrowland to better represent the feeling of a retro future.

Hollywood Studios - Extend showtimes to later in the evening, which may not be a big deal with the two new areas coming in, but as is, the shows end too early. And again, the new areas should make this a non-issue, but get rid of the strip with the old American Idol thing and now with the new additions, find a new place to put all the lights for Christmas.

Animal Kingdom - Put in mythical creatures instead of Avatar. Not going to happen, but would be better.

Really, the only park I have an issue with is all the empty/abandoned areas in the front of EPCOT, it's just kind of depressing, plus all the useless attractions such as Captain EO and Ellen's Universe of Energy.

ThemeParkFan

Original Poster
MK - Take out the Stitch attraction, and go back to either Alien Encounter or all the way back to Mission to Mars.

Epcot - Replace Journey Into YOUR Imagination with just about anything!

Studios - Fix the stupid parking lot! There are some parking spaces where you have to walk all the way down the row of parked cars, and then all the way back to the front entrance. You're wiped out before you even get into the park!

DAK - It's a tie between fix the yeti and replace the entire Chester & Hester area with a real attraction.
That bugs me a lot. The yeti doesn't seem to move anymore and it's extremely hard to see. Having like a "fire" lighting instead of a flashing light would make the ride more realistic

ThemeParkFan

Original Poster
EPCOT - Where to begin, ok, just going broad here, the entrance goes on forever (I'm sure the little pictures had a purpose at one point, but right now they're just there) and actually make Innoventions have stuff that's innovative.

MK - I wouldn't miss the Speedway, just saying. But actually I'd rather just have a better decorated Tomorrowland to better represent the feeling of a retro future.

Hollywood Studios - Extend showtimes to later in the evening, which may not be a big deal with the two new areas coming in, but as is, the shows end too early. And again, the new areas should make this a non-issue, but get rid of the strip with the old American Idol thing and now with the new additions, find a new place to put all the lights for Christmas.

Animal Kingdom - Put in mythical creatures instead of Avatar. Not going to happen, but would be better.

Really, the only park I have an issue with is all the empty/abandoned areas in the front of EPCOT, it's just kind of depressing, plus all the useless attractions such as Captain EO and Ellen's Universe of Energy.
Agreed. Disney should replace the ride(s) with something more thrilling. If they don't want to replace those then replace mission space.

blueboxdoctor

Agreed. Disney should replace the ride(s) with something more thrilling. If they don't want to replace those then replace mission space.

They don't even have to be thrilling, just relevant and enjoyable. Spaceship Earth isn't thrilling but it's still enjoyable. (Note, I'm not a big thrill ride fan, which is part of the reason I enjoy WDW, so I'm a little biased when it comes to people suggesting thrill rides).

rob0519

MK: Figure out a way to keep at least parts of the sidewalk clear around Wishes. Traffic that does not want to see Wishes cannot get through and if you're pushing a family member in a wheelchair it's near impossible.
Epcot: Add a monorail station near the International Gateway at the back of the park. The walk from the main entrance to the World Showcase is insane.
HS: The announced plans seem interesting. I would like to see more rides for children 8 and under like in the MK. There is really nothing other than Toy Story mania for the kids.
AK: Again, add a few attractions / rides for the 8 and under crowd.

ThemeParkFan

Original Poster
They don't even have to be thrilling, just relevant and enjoyable. Spaceship Earth isn't thrilling but it's still enjoyable. (Note, I'm not a big thrill ride fan, which is part of the reason I enjoy WDW, so I'm a little biased when it comes to people suggesting thrill rides).
I see your point, but it's just that is how the majority of the rides are. There needs to be more thrill

Melias31

First trip to disney world. Been to Disneyland many times. I'd love more rides in each Park especially that all kids can ride. This is 1 area Disneyland has over Disney world. There just isn't enough in each Park. Also make a bus stop for Park hopping inside security. I don't want to have to open my bags everytime I switch parks. I travel with 3 small kids. Another nice thing Disneyland does.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
MK - Fix Carousel of Progress
EPCOT - Make use of empty and outdated spaces
HS - Close the park until all of the changes are complete
AK - A re-themed Dinoland that revolves around the theme of the DINOSAUR attraction. (Bring the coaster idea back up)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom