If you could build your own ride at Disney...

mac_connell

Original Poster
Imagine if you had the opportunity to build your own ride or show at Walt Disney world and you had no restrictions or budget? What would you create and where would you put it? Personally I'd create a rollercoaster themed around the elephant graveyard from The Lion King or a live show of The Princess and the Frog because I'd love to see the sets, costumes, and the hear the music performed live!

MightyMouse

Not a ride, but I'd build a restaurant called La Ratatouille and sell cookbooks called Anyone Can Cook. Oh.. and I'd sell only hotdogs and hamburgers so everyone can complain. :p

JasonDeyoung

A show, I'd make a marvel super hero show based around the Avengers maybe like a mix of Indiana jones stunt, lights motor, and 100000% better

Private Duck

sleepy hollow dark ride

This a million times over. Would be great if they could wedge it into Liberty Square (though no idea how feasible that would be) somehow.

I would also love to see a ride at DHS (or whatever it becomes) just dedicated exclusively to the Battle of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back. It has been my experience that this by far the most popular scene/chapter of the SW franchise with all generations. Maybe a walk through the Rebel base/hangar on Hoth as part of the queue process- before boarding a "snow speeder" that whizzes you above the Rebel trenches and then between attacking AT-AT's and AT-ST's, etc. before you "crash"...

Magenta Panther

I would dedicate an area to Walt's crown jewel, Mary Poppins, which is criminally underrepresented in the parks.

The area would be called Cherry Tree Lane. It would consist of a tea/gift shop called Uncle Albert's (and there would be AA's of Mary, Bert, the Kids and Uncle Albert having a tea party on the ceiling, as per the film) where you could sit and have refreshmentst. Outside, there would be Pearlies (the street players featured in the Jolly Holiday part of the film) to entertain guests. Then there'd be Admiral Boom's, a house with a ship on top of it, just like in the movie. The ship's cannon would go off every hour, and live actors portraying the Admiral and his first mate would interact with guests below. Inside Boom's would be a 3D show like Mickey's Philharmagic, where we would travel with Mary, Bert and the kids on their adventures as per the film, culminating with the fireworks exploding over the chimneytops (the 3D would require us to dodge Roman candles and the like) as the finale. Then we would exit through a parlor where there would be a meet and greet with Mary and Bert.

Ideally, this attraction would be at MK, but it would also fit pretty well at DHS.

Another ride I'd like is one I call Disney's Jungle Lands, and it would be a dark ride taking us through the worlds of Tarzan, the Lion King and the Jungle Book. It would, of course, be in AK and of COURSE, it would replace that stupid Avatar ride. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom