If I could improve Walt Disney World....

tcool123

There's always footers:p

So where again will these rides go?
The space I outlined in red?
Capture.JPG

DisneyManOne

All Star Movies

Frozen Replaces 101 Dalmatians
Guardians Replaces Mighty Ducks
Monsters Inc Replaces Love Bug
Food Court Extension with a Mickey Waffle Bar

All Star Music
Live Entertainment

Interesting ideas. I stayed at All-Star Movies when I went in 2004, and I really do remember a lot about it. I don't think we should get rid of 101 Dalmatians, seeing as how it is still in the public consciousness regarding Disney movies. And honestly, I wouldn't use Guardians and I'd switch Monsters Inc. and Frozen, so Monsters, Inc. replaces Mighty Ducks and Frozen replaces Love Bug. We could easily turn the "Winner's Circle" jumping fountain display in the Love Bug courtyard into Elsa's ice palace.

As for the other resorts, I don't think I have any other ideas...

But when we get done with resorts and potential ideas regarding those, I've got a clever idea myself: how could we improve Disney Springs?

Disney Dad 3000

Just finished reading through a few pages of safari gear posts. Thanks @MonorailRed . Can't stop laughing though picturing the mad hatter in a giant mad hatter style safari hat. As your penance for all of that, we need to see some safari art work. :)

I'm shocked a ___ in beach gear thread didn't get going once BW came up.

Like the ideas for the value resorts. I haven't had the chance to stay at any of them so wouldn't have been much help.

spacemt354

Chili's
Interesting ideas. I stayed at All-Star Movies when I went in 2004, and I really do remember a lot about it. I don't think we should get rid of 101 Dalmatians, seeing as how it is still in the public consciousness regarding Disney movies. And honestly, I wouldn't use Guardians and I'd switch Monsters Inc. and Frozen, so Monsters, Inc. replaces Mighty Ducks and Frozen replaces Love Bug. We could easily turn the "Winner's Circle" jumping fountain display in the Love Bug courtyard into Elsa's ice palace.

But when we get done with resorts and potential ideas regarding those, I've got a clever idea myself: how could we improve Disney Springs?
Good one - I may be one of the outsiders in that I don't like Disney Springs. @MonorailRed did not let me live that down in august:p

Maybe I'm just not a mall person, but I don't see the difference between Disney Springs shopping, and shopping at the Orlando Premium Outlets down the street. The only thing that keeps it held up are the themes and restaurants, but other than that...it's just shopping.

I'd change the theme around...make it almost a 5th park by charging admission, then having "attractions" in Disney Springs (might even change the name) ...I'd do a lot, I have to think how to organize it though...

spacemt354

Chili's
Just finished reading through a few pages of safari gear posts. Thanks @MonorailRed . Can't stop laughing though picturing the mad hatter in a giant mad hatter style safari hat. As your penance for all of that, we need to see some safari art work. :)

I'm shocked a ___ in beach gear thread didn't get going once BW came up.

Like the ideas for the value resorts. I haven't had the chance to stay at any of them so wouldn't have been much help.
:hilarious:

Well now you have a backup career in comedy Red:joyfull:

Disney Dad 3000

Good one - I may be one of the outsiders in that I don't like Disney Springs. @MonorailRed did not let me live that down in august:p

Maybe I'm just not a mall person, but I don't see the difference between Disney Springs shopping, and shopping at the Orlando Premium Outlets down the street. The only thing that keeps it held up are the themes and restaurants, but other than that...it's just shopping.

I'd change the theme around...make it almost a 5th park by charging admission, then having "attractions" in Disney Springs (might even change the name) ...I'd do a lot, I have to think how to organize it though...

I'm looking forward to checking out the springs after all the work is done, but normally im with avoiding it. Just seems like you waste so much time getting in/out. I guess last couple of times we've been down, we've had an annual pass, so if we are shopping I'd rather just do it in the parks.
That being said, I don't mind popping over for an occasional visit to Bongos and earl of sandwhich. And la nouba was excellent. I would be tempted to go more often if they would have a few activities for pass/ticket holders. Maybe not the whole site, but if there were some options like the ideas from House Cup, a retired ride museum, etc, to make it more then shopping and overpriced food.

spacemt354

Chili's

@DisneyManOne what would be your ideas for Disney Springs?

spacemt354

Chili's
@MonorailRed and everyone we should continue our conversation about how to fix the resorts...I believe we were moving onto the Beach Club

(and no Safari gear will be worn):p

I've always wanted to expand Beaches and Cream into the Lafferty Arcade. The Arcade can easily be moved, or simply shrunk, because everyone has those games on their phone now anyway. It would increase capacity at Beaches and Cream, which is really helpful especially for a large family of 6-12 guests who have to wait upwards of 45 mins - 1 hour just to sit down.

stitchcastle

Original Poster

I feel the same way about Disney Springs, it's pretty but it is essentially a fancy shopping mall. I do understand it being a fiscal necessity for the resort though. What it really needs is to be is a much more efficient and relaxing environment for guests, something that would differentiate it from the theme parks and make it its own experience.

First of all I think the parking and transportation for the place is horrendous and I think a people mover that connects Disney Springs to all its surrounding resorts as well as Epcot and DHS would really alleviate all that in a unique way. The more we get guests out of their cars and out of the buses, the better an experience it is for everyone.

And speaking of cars, it's a bit of an engineering project but I would disguise the new parking structures into giant hills that would be covered with grass and trees, or even water features like a big waterfall really giving the whole area a different, picturesque feel from the rest of the resort.This would also add more public park-type spaces where people can explore and hang out, preferably with a lot of shade and greenery to help protect from the florida heat. perhaps even a much larger outdoor amphitheater that can be used for concerts or events.

If there's anywhere in the resort that would be a perfect home for classic carnival attractions, it would be Disney Springs. I actually feel like all of Paradise Pier from California Adventure would be a perfect addition to Disney Springs as an extra, less expensive ticket area. It would be perfect for the West Side, right next to Cirque Du Soleil.

All in all I'd like to turn Disney Springs into less of a mall and more of a town square and nature park that would act as a sort of reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the four parks. Some place you definitely want to spend time in without the pressure of having to purchase a day's admission and having to get your money's worth.

spacemt354

Chili's
I feel the same way about Disney Springs, it's pretty but it is essentially a fancy shopping mall. I do understand it being a fiscal necessity for the resort though. What it really needs is to be is a much more efficient and relaxing environment for guests, something that would differentiate it from the theme parks and make it its own experience.

First of all I think the parking and transportation for the place is horrendous and I think a people mover that connects Disney Springs to all its surrounding resorts as well as Epcot and DHS would really alleviate all that in a unique way. The more we get guests out of their cars and out of the buses, the better an experience it is for everyone.

And speaking of cars, it's a bit of an engineering project but I would disguise the new parking structures into giant hills that would be covered with grass and trees, or even water features like a big waterfall really giving the whole area a different, picturesque feel from the rest of the resort.This would also add more public park-type spaces where people can explore and hang out, preferably with a lot of shade and greenery to help protect from the florida heat. perhaps even a much larger outdoor amphitheater that can be used for concerts or events.

If there's anywhere in the resort that would be a perfect home for classic carnival attractions, it would be Disney Springs. I actually feel like all of Paradise Pier from California Adventure would be a perfect addition to Disney Springs as an extra, less expensive ticket area. It would be perfect for the West Side, right next to Cirque Du Soleil.

All in all I'd like to turn Disney Springs into less of a mall and more of a town square and nature park that would act as a sort of reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the four parks. Some place you definitely want to spend time in without the pressure of having to purchase a day's admission and having to get your money's worth.
Hey welcome back!:) Starter of the longest avtive thread on the imagineer forum :D

Totally agree with your ideas for Disney Springs...more of a town square and nature park would make it a lot more inviting to me personally rather than a mall.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Hey welcome back!:) Starter of the longest avtive thread on the imagineer forum :D

Totally agree with your ideas for Disney Springs...more of a town square and nature park would make it a lot more inviting to me personally rather than a mall.

Thanks! I try to check in from time to time, this whole forum has become such a great little creative community over the years, I love it!

Yeah I think if Disney Springs were themed to be a little town on the edge of a national park, it would be such a great place to visit. Like they could even make the giant disguised parking garage mountain look like Grizzly Peak to give the area it's own icon and then you could fill the area up with hiking trails and wilderness activities for kids and families.

although I'm realizing that I'm basically turning Disney Springs into a super-sized version of DCA.

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks! I try to check in from time to time, this whole forum has become such a great little creative community over the years, I love it!

Yeah I think if Disney Springs were themed to be a little town on the edge of a national park, it would be such a great place to visit. Like they could even make the giant disguised parking garage mountain look like Grizzly Peak to give the area it's own icon and then you could fill the area up with hiking trails and wilderness activities for kids and families.

although I'm realizing that I'm basically turning Disney Springs into a super-sized version of DCA.
Even if it's a super-sized DCA -- I really would enjoy the national parks feel and small town feel - it would make it much less generic Floridian shopping mall and more of a unique location.

I can see why people like it (cough @MonorailRed ) because some people enjoy shopping:p But I'm not a mall person in general so I do wish it would have been a bit different -- maybe we can work on this as a side project! I'd like to see it realized!:)

MonorailRed

Applebees

I love this idea! I feel like it could've been done incredibly well!

Even if it's a super-sized DCA -- I really would enjoy the national parks feel and small town feel - it would make it much less generic Floridian shopping mall and more of a unique location.

I can see why people like it (cough @MonorailRed ) because some people enjoy shopping:p But I'm not a mall person in general so I do wish it would have been a bit different -- maybe we can work on this as a side project! I'd like to see it realized!:)

This would totally be a cool project to work on! I'd love to do art on it! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom