If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
ok then :D I've decided to rename PD's Typhoon Lagoon to Dolphin Cove and is now themed to a gorgeous tropical paradise which features a Dolphin show that centers on the rituals of the native island people and how the Dolphins play a huge part in their culture. It will also have a beautiful aquarium exhibit which features a Finding Nemo attraction that incorporates both dry for wet technology and the same show elements from Disneyland's upcoming Nemo sub-ride, a restaurant themed to King Louie's tavern from TaleSpin and an omnimover ride themed to Pixies.

i haven't started on the maps yet :D I'm going to start with Port Disney with an overview of all the rides and attractions, meanwhile, i'll be posting later on tonight some details of the 5 fireworks shows (4 if you count AK's as a water parade). Sorry if there aren't any drawings yet :(

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Sorry about not being able to post the maps, I got kidnapped and went on an impromptu Universal vacation (Portofino looks like a less-themed version of Hotel MiraCosta but still very very pretty and that room key doubling as an express pass? oh my heck it's god sent!) so I wasn't able to make the maps :D and to add insult to injury I'm kind of sick right now, i think i have a fever. anyway enough excuses.

Since I wasn't able to make the maps I'll post a slightly detailed description of the "soft" version of MK's Kingdom of Dreams fireworks show. Because it is a preview version, there will be elements from the show that will be cut and modified when the real show premieres.

Kingdom of Dreams - Preview edition

Segment 1 - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes....
- narrated by Cinderella, MK's premiere princess, the show kicks off witha fabulous light show by both the castle and the CInderellabration arches lining the hub. She then explains how dreams are what starts the wondrous things that happen in the world. and that every dream starts with a secret "Wish"
- We then hear the familiar little girl singing the Wishes theme song set to a shot of Cinderella Castle's tallest spire glittering with a big "star" on top (no fireworks yet)
- A star shoots to the sky as a choir begins to sing "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" set to shootings stars in between lines. (a highlight of this segment is the appearance of a fireworks formed like a rainbow during the line "...your rainbow will come smiling through")

Segment 2 - Dreams of Stars
-This segment begins with familiar disney voices wishing and dreaming their deepest desires. with each dream, a bright star appears above the castle and hovers there for the entire segment, by the time the voices stop, the sky is filled with stars.
-As the character wishes are played, the hub island is suddenly ambushed by water screen projections of the characters wishing.
-Then out of the castle comes Tinkerbell flying down past the people the same way she did in the previous fireworks show.

Segment 3 - Dreams of Celebration
-We hear voices of people...no wait...fellow guests! and they are all wishing for some fun and happiness all the while the bright star shines once again on the castle's tallest spire.
-The entire hub darkens for a few seconds until the Cinderellabration arches light up in multi colored strobe lights synchronized to the exit music of "Fantasmic!"
-Fireworks then shoot up from behind the castle as the music turns into "Topsy Turvy" from the Hunchback of Notre Damme illuminating the entire hub with dazzling festive colors.
-We then hear "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast as more and more fireworks erupt along with what seems to be the scent of Apple Pie all the while fountains dance along the music. the segment ends with the song's high note.

Segment 4 - Dreams of Adventure
-We hear the guests' wishes again this time kids wanting to go on adventures and swordfights.
-We hear familiar drums slowly getting louder and faster when a giant firework shell erupts right above us. it is the beggining to "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"
-Fire then erupts around the hub and Tarzan's "Two Worlds" set the tone for the new segment.
-fireworks light up the sky as the "Marahute Suite" from the Rescuers Down Under gives the segment a heart tugging end.

Segment 5 - Dreams of Romance
- We hear Cinderella again as she leads a chorus of female guests wshing for love and romance.
-The arch lights light up again to the tune of a piano and violin version of the Cinderella theme. the entire hub including the castle is then filled with images of hearts and roses.
-An orchestral version of Snow White's "One Love" sets a sudden shift from the rose colored aura of the previous song to a golden glow on the castle and the arches.
-The fountains around the hub island, in a beautiful blue-to-pink-to-blue-to-pink glow, then waltz to the tune of "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.
-And finally, in homage to the original Wishes, the hub island is surrounded by shooting tailed fireworks set to "Beauty and the Beast"

Segment 6 - Underwater Dreams the first to be deleted from the show.
-The hub darkens once more and we see Marlin and Dory projected on the castle going to the flashing "star" on the tallest spire.
-The star flashes all of a sudden as we hear the the "Little Mermaid suite" (the one with the fish going back to the "fathoms below") as lasers similar to the ones used in the MGM Mermaid show, engulf the hub and mainstreet making it feel like it is descending underwater.
-Fireworks then play to a medley of Little Mermaid jingles. (If you remember the opening song from the Little Mermaid TV show, this is something greatly similar to that)

Segment 7 - Dreams of the World
-We hear dreams and wishes of people wanting to go to far off places and see the world.
-We then witness the scene where Aladdin takes Jasmine on a Magic Carpet ride projected on the castle. As the speed off and the intro music begins, the mist screen fountains around the hub are turned on and we see Aladdin sing "A Whole New World" as he goes around the hub.
-The trees around the hub suddenly light up in a sort of firefly effect as Pocahontas tells us that "You think you own whatever land you land on..." and thus begins the song "Colors of the Wind" set to dancing foutains and a projection of leaves dancing on the wind over the castle.
-Red sparks then erupt around the hub as Shang from Mulan tells us to "Let's get down to business..." red fireworks are the theme for this chinese segment where the song "I'll MAke a Man Out of you" sets the tone.
-The segment ends with a colorful parade of shells launched behind the castle int he form of kites and other colorful things as Mary Poppins' "Let's Go Fly A Kite" crescendoes around the hub.

Segment 8 - Fantasmic Climax

-We hear the fantasmic theme once more as the entire hub lights up in what seems to be a powerful ending to the show, with shells going off everywhere and fountains rising high into the sky.

Segment 9 - Kingdom of Dreams Eternal

-Just as the hub quiets down, about 10 seconds later, We then hear a collage of different guests' wishes forming the same 'hovering' stars as the character Wishes (if you're lucky your voice is one of them)
-Suddenly, Tinkerbell comes from the right side of the sky and and sprinkles "pixie dust" all over the castle which then turns a bright shine of sparkling gold.
-Projected sparkles then climb to the tallest spire that flashes brightly to reveal Sorcerer Mickey commanding the fireworks to return and illuminate the kingdom.
-the hub is once again covered with sparkling golden fireworks shooting from all around as the fountains dance and the arches strobe.
-All this set to a medley of Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spectro Magic, When you Wish Upon a Star and ADIAWYHM.
-strobing sparkles remain on the castle and the arches after the show is over.
-The show ends with Mickey suddenly appearing on the Castle stage telling us to "Just Keep Dreaming"

kod.jpg

Sorry for the rather muddled drawing I am a bit ill tonight :D it's a concept sketch of the finale.

please reply :)

ImaginEAR

Very good. I really like it, but how about having Tinkerbell flying around the castle like in Remember... Dreams Come True...? and... *GASP* you took out the Partners Statue?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??! Nooo.... bring back Partners!

The show sorta reminds me of Parade of Dreams... I don't know why....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
more Expansion Details...

MK

I've decided to change a bit of the Frontierland expansion. It will now go around[/b] the Rivers of America and extend to an area themed entirely to Pocahontas complete with a scale model of John Smith's sailing ship.

Grandmother Willow's Grove (which, from outside will look exactly like it did in the movie [I'll post a sketch as soon as my scanner is fixed]) will be located near the entrance to Fantasyland. The attraction inside is an interactive play area where guests interact with a talking Grandmother Willow, explore puzzles and mazes about the forest and an hourly "story time" where Grandmother Willow herself tells us tales and legends through special AA's and special effects.

The area will exit/enter through the old Skyway station at the western end of Fantasyland and run all the way through Thunder Mesa with WRE and Geyser Mountain. The area will also feature a petting zoo and new indian canoe rides. The new area will also add new show elements for the Liberty Belle.

The Indy Speedway, with its huge plot of land, will have been demolished and replaced with Toontown featuring the new Power Puff Girls E-Ticket and Roger Rabbit Car-Toon-Spin.

Tinker Bell's Light Magic - no, this isn't the "streettacular" that Disneyland had way back when. Instead, this will be a new 4-D show that celebrates the special festival of the Pixies. more details in the future, the show will be located in the Enchanted Forest section of Fantasyland near Grandmother Willow's Grove and Bald Mountain. For a visual sense of the show, in one of the scenes, imagine hundreds of twinkling lights flying past our heads and dancing all around the theater with the song of a choir of a thousand voices echoing in the background.

EPCOT

The World Wide Web Pavillion - Celebrating the advances in Computer Technology and the Internet this new Pavillion features a virtual reality E-ticket experience based on the movie Tron. This pavillion will be at the east side of Future World in between the Living Seas and the Land.

MGM

The Great Movie Ride will be expanded. (alright i confess, I read that article on Jim Hill :D) and will include new scenes from the Wizard of Oz by the finale.

TV Land - A new area that celebrates Television with recreations of sets from Desperate Housewives, Lost and an exhilirating new Alias Themed E-ticket ride.

AK

Storytellers dressed as Scientists and protesters will be scattered around Dinoland USA spreading the story that connects the 3 E-tickets in the land about the Scientists responsible for bringing Aladar to the present (Countdown to Extinction) being rivals with the Paleontologists responsible for cloning the DNA from Dinsoaur bones (The Excavator) are at odds with each other and are bound to have an epic showdown of wit and firepower (Dinosaur Safaris).

There will also be live Elephant rides taking guests from Asia to Africa.

Beastlie Kingdomme will also have Unicorn drawn carriages that take guests around the park.

PD

Characters will be scattered all over the park for meet and greets and mini performances. Music will play a huge role in the park's entertainment.

DisneySea! - A brand new Nighttime waterfront show (replacing Ariel's Wedding when it becomes seasonal [more on that later]) which features Mickey Mouse travelling the 7 seas (much like Fantasmic! except instead of being in Mickey's dream it's Mickey's Voyage).

ImaginEAR

Wannabe Walt said:
I really like the elephant ride idea...

Unfortunetly, that's the only one I have a problem with. Showing off animals as transport in a "let's prtect animals and keep animals safe" park? I don't think so. Maybe it it was an AA like Lucky, but not real.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
Unfortunetly, that's the only one I have a problem with. Showing off animals as transport in a "let's prtect animals and keep animals safe" park? I don't think so. Maybe it it was an AA like Lucky, but not real.

The Elephants are going to be very well taken care of and there are many countries that use actual elephants as "beasts of burden" much like horses and to some extent, dogs so it would be more of an homage to the harmony between humans and animals from these countries. The guests will be reassured that these animals are properly cared for. :)

I've made sketches for Light Magic, Grandmother Willow's, and Bald Mountain unfortunately, my scanner is busted :D hopefully in the near future I'll be able to post them.

What do you guys think of having an "American Idol" attraction at MGM?

MiRi

OMG! Stitchcastle, your concepts and ideas are truly amazing!! Wow! I love the Kingdom of Dreams idea. I also love the idea of a Tink attraction. ;)

You have inspired me to think of ideas of my own. They probably won't be as good as yours but still fun to exercise your mind. :)

I wouldn't mind an American Idol type attraction at MGM. It'll kinda be like Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Play It!

MiRi

I gathered some ideas while waiting for class to begin today. Like I said, they're not as good as yours but whatever. Let me share them with you all anyway.

Stitch's Great Escape V 2.0
• Inspired by "Star Tours" & Spider-Man ride @ IOA (I know, not Disney).
• The ride will be a dark ride/simulator adventure ride. AA's will be used for the characters.
• You pass by scenes of Jumbaa's trial & Stitch being held prisoner @ the Galactic Federation. All of a sudden, you enter a dark room and you hear a lot of noise, as if something crashing. You see two laser beams shoot out around the room. Then you hear Stitch laugh.
• You enter another room. This is where the simulator part of the ride will take place. The wall opens up and you see an AA of Stitch. You feel as if you are riding with Stitch in his little spaceship. Think "Star Tours". You come to a crash landing on the island of Honolulu.
• You enter a different room and you are now in Hawaii. Hawaiian music plays in the background. You pass by select scenes of the movie.... all AAs.
• At the exit, Stitch is there playing guitar in his little Elvis suit with the whole gang waving bye. As you walk out there will be Elvis music playing.

Kim Possible
• Stage show.
• Children may volunteer to help Kim & Ron fight off Dr. Drakken and She-Go. (All actors.)

Even Stevens
• Replaces the Drew Carrey. Same concept, except this is a mini-episode. Guests provide the sounds.

Sleeping Beauty
• You are stuck in Maleficient's place and you need to get out before she finds you. You get the help of Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
MiRi said:
Stitch's Great Escape V 2.0
• Inspired by "Star Tours" & Spider-Man ride @ IOA (I know, not Disney).
• The ride will be a dark ride/simulator adventure ride. AA's will be used for the characters.
• You pass by scenes of Jumbaa's trial & Stitch being held prisoner @ the Galactic Federation. All of a sudden, you enter a dark room and you hear a lot of noise, as if something crashing. You see two laser beams shoot out around the room. Then you hear Stitch laugh.
• You enter another room. This is where the simulator part of the ride will take place. The wall opens up and you see an AA of Stitch. You feel as if you are riding with Stitch in his little spaceship. Think "Star Tours". You come to a crash landing on the island of Honolulu.
• You enter a different room and you are now in Hawaii. Hawaiian music plays in the background. You pass by select scenes of the movie.... all AAs.
• At the exit, Stitch is there playing guitar in his little Elvis suit with the whole gang waving bye. As you walk out there will be Elvis music playing.

Now that's what SGE SHOULD be.

I love the Kim Possible show idea :D

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Ok i guess i'll have to put the American Idol attraction on the shelf...for now :D

anyway, here is a new yearly events plan for the parks:

Late January through February

Seasons Of Love - as I explained in the earlier posts, Seasons of Love will be a celebration of lovers for the parks with special shows and attractions. here are the "main" attractions for the celebration (show synopsis posted upon request :D):

MK - Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance - Special Edition; The Princess Parade.
EPCOT - Flower and Garden Festival; Weddings of the World stage show;
MGM - Toontown Lovin' stage show; The Newlywed Game - Play It!; Lights! Camera! Dreams! - Love Stories Edition; Love in the Movies parade.
AK - "Jungle Romance'" Stage Show (title pending :D); BraviSEAmo! lagoon show.
PD - "The Little Mermaid's Royal Wedding" Lagoon Show; Minnie's Style! Parade; Aphrodite's Grand Valentine's Celebration.

Summer season - everything is as is. usually features the opening of new attraction.

August through September

Share the World - A new 'celebration' aimed at AP holders and locals where shows and attractions are relocated and mixed up between the 5 parks, the selection varies every year but these are the biggest shows to be mixed up:

MK - Fantasmic! - Platinum Edition - From MGM, the show is relocated to the Rivers of America, just like at Disneyland. Kingdom of Dreams fireworks show will be on hiatus during Fantasmic!'s run. The "Mickey on the Mountain" finale will remain. If proven to be successful, Fnatasmic! will be permanently phased out from MGM and become a seasonal/permanent addition to MK (with stadium seating behind HM).

EPCOT - Magic Lamp Theater - inspired by the Port Disney attraction, this will be a seasonal lagoon show where Genie "travels" around the World.

MGM - Wishes! Nighttime Spectacular: A Night at the Movies - Wishes returns and makes it's way to the DIsney-MGM Studios where it will have a "movies" version of the show.

AK - Tapestry of Nations Parade - From EPCOT, another formerly extinct attraction returns with a new "animals" theme.

PD - Rhythms of the World - also from EPCOT, just like Fantasmic!, the show returns to it's original venue at the American Waterfront for the 2 months of the celebration.
- Spectro Magic Parade - From MK, possibly permanent relocation.

Halloween

MK - Mickey's Tragic Kingdom
-Haunted Mansion Holiday
-Halloween Town (temporary land)
-Festival of the Witches parade
-Bald Mountain Unleashed "shows"
-Mainstreet, Thunder Mesa, Liberty Square Trick-or-treat
EPCOT - Terrors of the World
-streetmosphere performers scattered around World Showcase dressed as various native monsters.
MGM - Horror Movie Fright-Fest
-Movie Monster Hunt
-The Horror Factory show
AK - Beastly Kingdom
-Dragons Unleashed
-Yeti v.s. BigFoot show
-Scary Animals activity area
PD - Haunted Ocean
-The Haunted Liner stage show
-Mystery of Jack The Ripper. (park-wide activity)
-Ursula's Dark Kingdom (land overlay)
-Jafar's Palace (land overlay)
-Meditteranean harbour, American Waterfront Trick or Treat. (park-wide activity)
-Hades' Underworld Parade

Holiday Season - Walt Disney World Holidays

The Magic Kingdom
-Haunted Mansion Holiday
-It's A Small World Holiday
-Country Bear Christmas Jamboree
-Santa's Workshop at Winterland (land overlay)
-The Snow Queen Procession (park-wide overlay and parade)
-Mickey's Very-Merry Christmas Party
-Holiday Wishes

EPCOT
-Lights of Winter
-Holidays Around the World
-The Candle Light Procession

Disney-MGM Studios
-Holiday Specials Parade
-Holiday Music Show

Port Disney
-Fun in the Snow (land overlay)
-American Christmas Traditions (show)

ok_st_is#1

I agree completly with this if WDW did a couple of these things.....

Halloween

MK - Mickey's Tragic Kingdom
-Haunted Mansion Holiday
-Halloween Town (temporary land)
-Festival of the Witches parade
-Bald Mountain Unleashed "shows"
-Mainstreet, Thunder Mesa, Liberty Square Trick-or-treat
EPCOT - Terrors of the World
-streetmosphere performers scattered around World Showcase dressed as various native monsters.
MGM - Horror Movie Fright-Fest
-Movie Monster Hunt
-The Horror Factory show
AK - Beastly Kingdom
-Dragons Unleashed
-Yeti v.s. BigFoot show
-Scary Animals activity area
PD - Haunted Ocean
-The Haunted Liner stage show
-Mystery of Jack The Ripper. (park-wide activity)
-Ursula's Dark Kingdom (land overlay)
-Jafar's Palace (land overlay)
-Meditteranean harbour, American Waterfront Trick or Treat. (park-wide activity)
-Hades' Underworld Parade

They could actually snatch some people from Universal, although they have to do it well because USH and POA's Hollywood Horror Night have enormous popularity, and a cult status.

Wow!!!!

All of these ideas are amazing. I can't believe Disney isn't banging on you door right now, because all of your ideas are wonderfull. Disney would only be a happier place with you on board. Not only are your Ideas amazing, they are very doable, no fantasy ideas and such. I only wish i could draw as well as you.
-Keep up the good work-

stitchcastle

Original Poster
More new attractions for the parks! :D

~Magic Kingdom~

Fantasmic! - like i said, Fantasmic! might move to MK and now I make it official :d. Fantasmic! will now be presented in the rivers of america with stadium seating behind the haunted mansion (the stadium will be disguised during daytime).

the new fantasmic! will feature brand new sequences like a Pirates of the Carribean battle scene between a ship (the english ship from the Pocahontas area will be used) and a fort (the enhanced main island which also features a 77 foot tall mountain); A "Celebration" sequence featuring The Lion King, Jungle Book and Hunchback of Notre Damme; A short Finding Nemo sequence. Also, the Liberty Belle is used in the finale sequence and Mickey is on top of a mountain yet again,..the best of both worlds.

-kingdom of Dreams and Fantasmic! won't be shown on the same nights, they will alternate. (due to Mickey being either on top of the mountain or castle would negate each other). On special nights, both shows will be presented.

~EPCOT Center~

The Imagination Institute Warehouse - The past comes back to haunt us in this "thrilling" new ride from the Imagination Pavillion. One of the imagineers has invented a brand new device that renders all technology obsolete. As we go for a test drive, we are suddenly taken to the old warehouse where all the great inventions of the past come to life and come after us.

~Disney-MGM Studios~

Armageddon: Special Effects Spectacular - No, this isn't the paris show instead this is another two rides in one section of the park. The first being the attraction itself where a tour through a special effects company goes haywire when all the effects go off in front of the guests. The other side of the attraction could be seen in the backlot tour where the tram is suddenly in the middle of the same effects malfunction that the guests on the otherside experience.

I'll post DAK and PD's new attractions later on in the day...

imagineer boy

Sounds great, but I'm not so sure about the stadium being built behind the haunted mansion. The ride building would be in the way unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom