Ideas for HWS

WEDway1975

Original Poster
Here's some ideas for a new Hollywood Studios.
  • First on my list is remove the ugly hat in front of TGMR. :D
  • Updated TGMR with newer movies.
  • Close down AI and combined this space and the space of Sounds Dangerous and make a new ride.
  • Either close down Indiana Jones and make a new Indiana Jones roller coaster or updated the show.
  • Updated Muppet 3D.
  • Expand the Pixar Place by destroying the Backlot Tour and re-theme the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground to Bug's Life.
  • To me the expanded Pixar Place should include an Monster Inc roller coaster, Incredibles dark ride, and Ratatouille themed restaurant.
  • Keep Sunset Boulevard the same except updated Fantasmic to Fantasmic 2.0.
  • Keep or destroy Lights, Motors, Action.
  • I guess keep Animation Courtyard the same????
What do you guys think????? :)

bluewings

First on my list is remove the ugly hat in front of TGMR.
That's an obvious one---think a high majority agrees there.

Updated TGMR with newer movies.
I love it the way it is, if they wanted to add a couple new things I wouldn't object too much

Close down AI and combined this space and the space of Sounds Dangerous and make a new ride.
Definitely

Either close down Indiana Jones and make a new Indiana Jones roller coaster or updated the show.
Fine with how it is, another one where I wouldn't be too upset with a change.

Updated Muppet 3D.
No. I don't think this should be changed for one reason----it's Jim Henson. I think Steve Whitmire does a good job with Kermit and others, but he's not Jim.

Expand the Pixar Place by destroying the Backlot Tour and re-theme the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground to Bug's Life.
This is a tough one because I USED to love the Backlot Tour, I'd rather they find a way to make that good again.

Keep Sunset Boulevard the same except updated Fantasmic to Fantasmic 2.0.
No opinion

Keep or destroy Lights, Motors, Action.
My selfish thought would be to destroy it because I don't like it....I think a lot of people do though so keep it I guess.

MagicMike

Disney did a pretty good job picking out "Timeless" movies and Hollywood icons. I wouldn't say TGMR needs updated movies as much as it needs updated AA's and effects.

I would love to see Indiana Jones get an expanded experience at the studios. This is virtually the exact same show that has been running since its debut and easy to skip over for people who frequent the parks. A ride similar to Temple Of The Forbidden Eye in Disneyland would really compliment the parks theme of placing you inside the movies.

Only if they can convert the original film and 3D effects to a higher digital quality. I would agree it needs a visual update. The quality looks very weak when compared to other 3D film rides.

The Backlot Tour was fun back in 1989 but advancements in park technology have left this one far behind. Additionally, almost nothing has changed since its opening so it too becomes really easy to skip.

In addition to the Pixar expansion, which I think is a great fit, I would like to see more of the "Vintage" Hollywood architecture and theme incorporated in any new park structures. That look and feel is very in tune with the concept and aura of the park.

P.S. The Hat Still Sucks

Vader2112

I think the first thing they need to do is make it more like a Holywood Studio! The Studio element is lost. A bunch of stage shows and some movie themed rides/areas. Buena Vista Street should be at HWS!
  • Get rid of the hat! The park needs something more iconic. Castle, Tree of Life, GeoSphere...Hat..HMMM(although still better than the water tower.)
  • Update Great Movie Ride.
  • Super Upgrade on Fantasmic.
  • No More American Idol Expereience! the show is done!
  • If they are getting away from the Studio concept Blow it all up and turn into Disney Pixar. Turn the Stunt Show area and Backstage lot into Radiator Springs! Monster's Inc Coaster etc..

The Empress Lilly

Move the Hat to just outside the front entrance. Everybody happy.

Please LMA, please have a pyrotechnics fail and burn down.

Now that Disney is in bed with Cameron, can't they incorporate his Titanic in the GMR? Jack and Rose on the bow of the Titanic, the 'king of the world' scene. Surely the most iconic movie scene since the opening of the Studios.

More Star Wars! More star Wars!

Vader2112

Move the Hat to just outside the front entrance. Everybody happy.

Please LMA, please have a pyrotechnics fail and burn down.

Now that Disney is in bed with Cameron, can't they incorporate his Titanic in the GMR? Jack and Rose on the bow of the Titanic, the 'king of the world' scene. Surely the most iconic movie scene since the opening of the Studios.

More Star Wars! More star Wars!
I Would give a big vote of Yes to More Star Wars!!! F- Avatar at AK... Star Wars Galaxy at HWS!!
Endless possibilities...all with different environments. To appease TDO Star Wars M&G and even a Boutique/Pirates League type thing... Where SW Geeks can be made up like Jedi or Sith. Kick up the Carbon Freeze Chamber a notch. Ok Im going to stop before I hurt myself....

Tomi-Rocket

Sorry people but I love the hat! I wouldn't object to it being moved however.

My thoughts are:

PLEASE update Indiana Jones; Lights, Motor, Action & the Backlot Tour!!!

Another Star Wars attraction would be fantastic.

Since we've missed Fantasmic the last two trips I'm not as stuck on an update but I wouldn't mind it.

Expanding Pixar Place should almost be mandatory! They have so many terrific movies to choose from - how can they not over time anyway?

And finally, I agree with whoever said update the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area. I bet most of the kids who play on it nowadays have never even heard of that movie. A Bug's Life would be a great redo.

The Great Movie Ride could use a refresh with some new movies added in.

The Villain shop should actually have all villain and only villain merchandise.

And finally, ANY new rides would definitely be more than welcomed, of course!!

Vader2112

Think it could fit out front...kind of goes with the theme. The hat as a part of an innovative annimation project call Fantasia! Or put it outside the Fantasia Buildings at ASM.

bubbles1812

Agreed about expanding Pixar Place. They could do so much with the movies in their vault. Look at Carsland. And their other Pixar properties are immensely popular. I wouldn't mind something based on Wall-E. Remodeling Honey I Shrunk into a Bug's Life would also make it a lot more relevant. I like that.

I don't think they necessarily need to get rid of the Backlot Tour but they definitely need to make it better than it is now. They've taken many of the elements out of it that made it great once. Indiana Jones, I like the stunt show, but they could probably use an update. Maybe do a show on Last Crusade, or just change the show up a bit.

I too like Muppets the way it is. Though the film itself could stand to be cleaned up a bit. It's dirty.

Yes on Fantasmic. And yes on a totally new attraction going in where Sounds Dangerous was. And definitely yes to axing AI. God, AI sucks (at the park and in general).

ddbowdoin

• First on my list is remove the ugly hat in front of TGMR. :D
Yes, agreed 100%... it is pretty tacky if you ask me. It takes away from the image of glamor the park produces.
  • Updated TGMR with newer movies
Unfortunately going to disagree here... those films are classics, introducing newer films defeats the purpose. How many films made in the last 10 years or so are truly considered classics? They simply don't make movies the way they used to... now, it's all crappy plots with huge visual budgets (ie The Avengers).
  • Close down AI and combined this space and the space of Sounds Dangerous and make a new ride.
  • Either close down Indiana Jones and make a new Indiana Jones roller coaster or updated the show.
  • Updated Muppet 3D.
  • Expand the Pixar Place by destroying the Backlot Tour and re-theme the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground to Bug's Life.
NO! If anything revert the backlot tour back and load it with more unique goodies!
  • To me the expanded Pixar Place should include an Monster Inc roller coaster, Incredibles dark ride, and Ratatouille themed restaurant.
Awesome... discussed before, some rumors floating around but nothing concrete. Would love to see RnR rethemed into something else. Aerosmith... yeah, not applicable in today's culture.
  • Keep Sunset Boulevard the same except updated Fantasmic to Fantasmic 2.0.
  • Keep or destroy Lights, Motors, Action.
Keep!
  • I guess keep Animation Courtyard the same????

Weather_Lady

I would put the planned Avatar attraction(s) in Hollywood Studios, and not the Animal Kingdom, which is otherwise devoted to real animals and not fake blue ones. Avatar's success is in great part due to its special effects, and thus ought to be in the Studios, which can not only replicate them but educate people about the various technologies used to make them come alive in the film.

I second the idea of an Incredibles dark ride or coaster - perhaps with a preshow "virtual fitting" in your own superhero suit by Edna Mode!

Also, I wish they'd scrap the Backlot Tour, but keep and even expand catastrophe canyon.

As for American Idol/Sounds Dangerous, I would LOVE to see one of those venues become the site of an over-the-top Japanese-style game show, where they pull families from the audience and let them compete for WDW-related prizes in odd and possibly humiliating ways. (Perhaps I've seen too many reruns of "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge," but I think that would be great fun.)

*Edit: Now that I think about it, the potential liabilities of such a game show would probably be too great. If AK can't kick out a teenaged "Slutty Tinkerbell" without the threat of legal action, it's unlikely HWS would risk people getting hurt and humiliated doing silly stunts.

DisDadEddie

I think the best thing they could do for HWS is the expansion of Pixar Place.This would require the backlot tour area being repurposed.Also would mind them using the stunt show space in the expansion.They need more rides for adults and a section for smaller children too. I like the idea of re-doing Honey I Shrunk the Kids into a Bug's Life play area.

Redsky89

Yeah I agree with the hat. If it was gone I wouldn't care. I think The Muppet's 3D show could use redone. They released the new Muppet movie recently and I think could do a whole lot with that. I also strongly agree with expanding the Pixar area. When people talk about Disney films nowadays they don't talk much about anything before Toy Story was released cause Pixar films have taken over. At least people my age.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom