Ideas for birthday

simon71

whilst at Disney I will be celebrating my wifes 29th birthday. Its just the 2 of us both adults, has anyone got any recommendations what we could do for this special occasion :D Thankyou

DisneyPrincess5

How exciting! And sweet of you to want to do something special for her.

Tours are good to look into if you guys are into that sort of thing, California Grill and watch Wishes from the balcony is fun, or a night on the Boarwalkwith with dinner at Flying Fish maybe?
Don't forget a birthday pin!

Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0
Be sure to pick up a birthday pin. Pick a favorite restaurant to eat at. You could always consider spending extra and doing a behind the scenes tour while at Disney. My husband surprised me by taking me to Disneyland for my birthday a year ago and we went out for a nice meal at one of the hotels and enjoyed just being at Disney. If you want somewhere quiet, I would consider one of the resort table service restaurants. If you are wanting something fun, you could consider a character meal. The characters enjoy birthday celebrations. Disney always brings the kid out anyway.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We have had several birthdays at WDW, Dinner at the California Grill and watching wishes from the roof of the Contemorary was very nice as was dineer at V & A. One birthday I gave my DW the ride around the track in a race car another she went para sailing. We also did breakfast at Whispering canyon and I let our server know it was her birthday everyone there made that birthday one to remember.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

You can have a cake ordered and surprise her while you are doing out one night. The best person to contact for info would be @HouCuseChickie , she knows who to call at each restaurant and resort. We have done this for our kids, and my wife surprised me as well. You can also call Disney florists and have an in-room celebration. There are plenty of options. They will set up a time to decorate your room when you are out, and she will be surprised when you return. We have done this as well and its always been a hit. As others have mentioned, be sure to put her birthday on your resort reservation and every dining ADR you make. The champagne dessert party in Epcot or Wishes dessert party in MK are great, too. There are also several locations in Epcot that do After Dark alcohol and snack samplings. My wife and I did the champagne party followed by the La Cava tequila sampling in Mexico on our adults only trip in May. Awesome night (from what I remember) ;) I recommend a night in Epcot without extra magic hours so you have the park to yourselves as you walk out. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Yes...if you're interested in a cake, please check out the Cake Talk thread in my signature below. I have the thread set to email me whenever someone posts, and I will try and post a reply as quickly as possible. I love cake :)

Beyond that...Cali Grill and Narcoosee's have become our faves in terms of dining in a pretty/special setting...especially if it's timed with Wishes. However, if we're just looking at special cuisine...Flying Fish, Yachtsman, and Sanaa are our food faves.

While we did this for an anniversary, DH and I did a monorail crawl one night. Yes we had some great drinks and it sounds kind of like the madness you might see going around the world in the WS, but it was just a lot of fun to be away from the chaos of the parks and picking drinks that personified the vibe of each resort. IDK...it was a lot of fun and something different to do.

Upvote 0

TFIN44

For my wife's birthday I ordered a specialty cake and food from room service at the contemporary resort. We selected the wishes specialty cruise so room service delivered the food to the boat right before we left we took off and we enjoyed our meal while cruising around the lake and finally ending the night with wishes. Definitely a memorable and experience for a birthday.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

We went one year for our daughter's birthday. She did have the "birthday" pin and it every TS meal we had, the waitstaff sang to her. Also, when we were at Le Cellier, they brought out a special birthday dessert just for her & we didn't even request it. One more example that they do things right at WDW! Have a great time.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I haven't done it personally, and it is pricey, but I got great reviews from people on the chefs table at V&A's for special occasions! Just an idea if you and the wife are foodies.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom